6.9

1. Feb 20, 2013
    I don't exactly know what it is with Spain and horror but I do know that somehow they're just simply amazing in setting up a great atmosphere and are actually able to scare you so now and then. I loved the first [Rec], I really did. But there were just two things about it which irritated me a little. The main character, reporter Angela Vidal and the pace, which was quite slow for a short movie. Still I think it is one of the best zombie movies ever made. [Rec]2, by the way, I find ever better. You'll be on the edge of your seat the whole movie. Besides some religious babbling so now and than the movie keeps going in a great tempo. Great scares. Amazing make-up. Solid and realistic acting and even a small twist. This movie takes just a little longer than 80 minutes but it's packed with everything you want from a, to me classic, zombie movie. It's not entirely necessary to check out part one first, but I DO recommend it. Just watch 'em both in one view (forget about part 3[genesis] tough) Spain is a Roman Catholic country so there will be some religious issues involved. I'm not a religious person but it didn't really bother me in this movie so it's not a reason to wine about that because it simply won't harm the movie. [REC]2 is one of my favorite horror movies of all time. If you like horror movies then this is a gem. If you like zombie movies in particular this movie is diamond. Expand
  2. Aug 26, 2012
    I firmly believe a good film reviewer has to love watching movies. that being said, the paid reviewers for Rec 2 are clearly watching a different movie than the general public. As a fan of found footage movies, I think Rec 1, 2 and 3 all are quite good and mix things up so that each one is better than the last, but only if you watch the previous ones first.
  3. Jul 23, 2012
    [REC] 2 is one of the best zombie movies ever made. Its an unexpected one as well. It takes us to a new stage in the zombie movies giving us not just blood sucking zombies, but demon possessed zombies. This movie is filled with plenty of chills and a large amount of blood, it's a definite must see. Don't watch american remakes of this film.
  4. Oct 17, 2011
    [REC] 2 is so much better than riding a roller-coaster ride. It's really scary, terrifying, and shocking that has a twist after another. You won't believe what happens throughout the film; it's just too damn entertaining. Is it better than the first? No. Prepare yourself for numerous jumps and loud noises!

1. Reviewed by: Boyd Van Hoeij
    A sequel to the Spanish cult hit that offers an explanation for something that was far more effective when left largely unexplained.
  2. Reviewed by: Rob Nelson
    Predictably, [REC] 2 is higher-budgeted than its barebones predecessor, which only means that the spectacular degradation of video in scenes where the zombies get in close and start chomping will test the limits of any HDTV. If only [REC] 2's rabid baddies knew how to push [STOP].
  3. Now, with this underwhelming sequel, Spain proves it can stand toe to toe with any nation in the manufacture of unnecessary follow-ups.