5.1

1. May 19, 2013
    Rec (1) and Rec 2 were scary.
    But this one is really not.
    Why is it just sometimes a found footage movie?
    It's just a trashy slasher, with some funny moments.
  2. Dec 1, 2012
    I really cannot understand why the director of the (Rec) series would want to take it's reputation of being one of the few remaining and well respected zombie horror movie series and butcher it with this awful movie. Honestly it's the same quality as a crappy straight to dvd zombie movie. They made so many dumb changes with this entry. It's the first entry to not use the found footage, and whether or not that's a huge flaw will depend on personal preference, I'm personally tired of that now overused style, but would gladly take it back if it will bring the next movie back to it's horror roots. It's not the least bit scary or serious. Zombies in the previous (Rec) movies were extremely fast, in this their slow and clumbsy taking away sense of fear. The movie is also filled with what I believe to be attempts at humor, but are so stupid they wont even make you chuckle. I was frequently thinking to myself "Really? Did they really just put that into this movie?". (Rec) 3: Genesis destroys what was once a good Zombie series. To the other fans out there just skip this and pray the announced 4th movie avoids being anything like this peice of crap. But hey I do jave to give them credit for putting in a decent love story in there, but seriously though still avoid and keep those good memories of (Rec) 1 & 2. Expand
  3. Nov 9, 2012
    This movie is a joke, the first one and second at least tried to be more matured and serious about the whole "infected genre", REC 3 is like 100 movies out there with nothing to offer. There is no story, the acting are just laughable, poor dialogue this movie is so ridiculous that at some point some actors use medieval armour, my god!! Total garbage.
  4. Oct 28, 2012
    This movie is no real rec movie. It sucks in so many ways. No motion sickness camera style in a rec movie?! This is a really bad trashmovie with some very good splatter-effects. Okay and it has rec in the name.
    I loved the frist rec but this one sucks a lot mot than rec 2.
  5. Oct 6, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What a disappointment ! The first movie of the saga left me breathless. It had well constructed action, a good choice of the style with the camera, and some story behind... the second one kept up and added a couple of details... but this one is a complete failure and a joke. B movie (or Z) exuding all over. Predictable, without style, and no story at all when it is supposed to be the genesis. Seriously this is the genesis ? But one thing above all: you have to maintain a criteria and stick to it the entire film, if the zombies can run and be fast, then be it !! What you cannot do is make them slow and clumsy whenever it suits you, that's called cheating. There's is laws and science in all that zombie stuff or I believe so. Expand
  6. Sep 24, 2012
    Why do movies so bad, absurd and ridiculous? It is so bad that I laughed at her at the movies! This very poorly made. It's funny until the 20 th minute, after those 20 minutes seemed to have run out of budget or who bought the script in a flea market.
  7. Sep 10, 2012
    Do not say that the film was one of the best in its triology, but had a lot of things in which I was not happy, as for example, the camera on hand which was replaced by a film common, there is no sense "genesis" because I have not seen any explanation for a start, the first two movies are better, not just look at this.
  8. Sep 7, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ok, the first movie was good, have some mistakes but have this little touch that do that people have much scare moments, after we watch REC 2, and have other mistakes, but happen the same case, and now [REC] 3: Genesis, and what happen? Is an awful movie, don't have the same style that the other two [REC] movies had, the result of this movie is a big disaster, have much comic moments -or the move is really bad, and I'm laughing ?- the trama have a potential for be an amazing movie, but the development is really terrible. The performances are bad, extremly bad. [REC] 3: Genesis is the worst chapter of this saga. Expand

1. Reviewed by: V.A. Musetto
    Sep 7, 2012
    [REC] 3 Genesis is a prequel to the first two "[REC]" movies, but that doesn't much matter. You don't need to have seen them to enjoy this film, which provides fresh blood for a tired genre.
  2. Reviewed by: Jeannette Catsoulis
    Sep 6, 2012
    With slapstick smothering the scares, [REC 3] is further marred by a plot in which the muted Catholicism of its antecedents is turned up to full blast.
  3. Reviewed by: Joe Neumaier
    Sep 6, 2012
    It's the same-old flesh-chewing. Like vampires, this genre is getting deadly.