4.4

1. Jan 28, 2013
    People say that this movie sucks, I really don't know why they say that, you watch a movie to have fun, this movie, Red dawn, combines everything that teens like to become an amazing movie, great characters, story and sfx, ill be watching this movie as one of my favorites, always.
  2. Apr 5, 2013
    ReviewZone212 put it best, most people says this movie sucks. Well those people can suck it, this movie was AWESOME. Great action, great cast and for the most part of it funny and intriguing dialogue, my only gripe was that there wasn't really a great portrayal of a plot.
  3. Jun 30, 2014
    Best movie ever. However North Korea is its own enemy by oppressing and enslaving its own people. I loved the action in this movie even though it is different from the original it is still awesome.
  4. Dec 2, 2012
    So the only reason I went to this particular movie was because it lined up with another movie we where going to watch and we had to watch 2 movies back to back because the tickets we had expired that day and my wife and i had an engagement with friends in the evening. I was not particularly enthused to see Red Dawn because of the horrendous score it got from almost every single critic. ISo the only reason I went to this particular movie was because it lined up with another movie we where going to watch and we had to watch 2 movies back to back because the tickets we had expired that day and my wife and i had an engagement with friends in the evening. I was not particularly enthused to see Red Dawn because of the horrendous score it got from almost every single critic. I knew they hated the acting and the plausibility of the story so in particular I payed close attention to both. As far as the acting goes it was very good, Hemsworth does well of course but his supporting cast also did well. The acting brought me into the movie instead of taking me out. The story was interesting and even somewhat plausible, it definitely wasn't so bad it made the movie ridiculous. I mean it is a fiction "what if" movie but I could see it play out if there was an invasion. I'm not sure to what success but still this is only a movie after all. One particular critic mocked a scene were a girl fires a rocket launcher, I have fired rocket launchers in real life when in the military and i fired it next to girls also firing rocket launchers so I'm not sure what was so unbelievable there. All in all the movie was a great time with an engaging story that made me and my wife glad we went to see it. As far as it stacking up to the original, I cant remember the original very well at all so i really have no idea. Collapse

1. Reviewed by: Peter Bradshaw
    Mar 15, 2013
    This has to be the year's most pointless remake: a boring and badly acted reboot of John Milius's gung-ho red-scare actioner from 1984.
  2. Reviewed by: Neil Smith
    Mar 11, 2013
    The doltish, messy and frequently incoherent result bears all the hallmarks of a botched and compromised endeavour.
  3. Reviewed by: Nick de Semlyen
    Mar 11, 2013
    Long-delayed. Arguably not long enough.