4.4

1. Jan 18, 2013
    Sorry critics. I try to see what people are finding so bad about this film, but there is too many things I like here that should be highlighted. For one thing, this movie pays much more respect the the "man in uniform" than "Act of Valor" ever attempted to have. The action is awesome, and we have reasons to care for the characters here. Unlike "Battleship", this movie develops all of itsSorry critics. I try to see what people are finding so bad about this film, but there is too many things I like here that should be highlighted. For one thing, this movie pays much more respect the the "man in uniform" than "Act of Valor" ever attempted to have. The action is awesome, and we have reasons to care for the characters here. Unlike "Battleship", this movie develops all of its characters. No, I have never seen the original "Red Dawn", and i'm not gonna let that affect my review. This movie stands alone as something entirely different. The point is, I recommend it. I feel that it is very underrated. Expand
  2. Nov 23, 2014
    I never saw the original film, but I know that the enemies have changed from the Russians to the Koreans in the remake which shows the progression of America over the years. This is a movie for teenagers considering the are so many young people involved. Chris Hemsworth was badass in this remake, I really enjoyed watching him. It also has an unexpected ending that you will never seeI never saw the original film, but I know that the enemies have changed from the Russians to the Koreans in the remake which shows the progression of America over the years. This is a movie for teenagers considering the are so many young people involved. Chris Hemsworth was badass in this remake, I really enjoyed watching him. It also has an unexpected ending that you will never see coming. Red Dawn is definitely underrated. Expand
  3. Aug 31, 2013
    I liked this movie, but it was a bit annoying how easy they take over everything. If you can get past all of that and not take the movie to serious it can be fun. I do think they should not have made it about some teens. It would be much better with Grown men. It`s not as bad as some people are saying it is, most people just seem to give a movie a 10 or 0 they know nothing in between.
  4. Jun 4, 2013
    "As a huge fan of the original, If you can put aside all the cheesy, corny acting of our leads, chances are your going to like this new take on the classic film. Its intense, exciting and builds up huge momentum on its original. I know i'm a wolverine." B+
  5. Jan 26, 2014
    Why people are bashing this movie? I bought Red Dawn the night before, and I found it pretty decent, it falls apart throughout, but it is actually a decent watch, I enjoyed it, it was entertaining and exciting, not perfect in any sense. one dimensional characters, not really convincing but for what it is, it is a B popcorn movie to not be taken seriously but only for fun.
  6. Apr 14, 2013
    Like "War of the Worlds", with aliens replaced by North Korea. This is a truly awesome movie with an original story, great action, and lots of twists and turns that make this movie impossible to turn off. Awesome, truly awesome.
  7. Jan 28, 2013
    People say that this movie sucks, I really don't know why they say that, you watch a movie to have fun, this movie, Red dawn, combines everything that teens like to become an amazing movie, great characters, story and sfx, ill be watching this movie as one of my favorites, always.
  8. Apr 6, 2013
    I was surprised by this movie. I thought it was pretty entertaining. It isn't amazing, but it certainly isn't as bad as the critics make it out to be. I felt that this movie had lots of exciting action sequences that were both crazy with effects and very suspenseful. This is a touchy subject, but I felt that this movie was an exciting, inspiring movie.
  9. Jun 30, 2014
    Best movie ever. However North Korea is its own enemy by oppressing and enslaving its own people. I loved the action in this movie even though it is different from the original it is still awesome.
  10. Dec 16, 2013
    This was a much better movie than people give it credit for. Every review seems to have completely missed the obvious overtones referencing the war in Iraq.

This movie introduces far more conflict in the audience than the original. The original was purely propagandistic in its treatment of the 1984 USSR. This edition, set against the historical backdrop of the insurgency in Iraq and Afghanistan, makes the audience feel much more conflicted about the actions of an American insurgency.

Contrary to all the complaints about North Korea as the enemy (every review seems obsessed with arguing that the US is too tough to be taken down by North Korea, which is the mentality that the opponent exploits in the movie) this movie succeeds because it doesn't harp on the details of the enemy, because the enemy is secondary to the personal struggle of the characters.
  11. Feb 23, 2013
    This movie has a lot of action, and that's a good thing. So, they may have deviated from the original a bit, and that's fine. The acting is ok at best. Listen, I have watched BattleShip twice. I think the acting in that movie totally SUCKS. (Rihanna, acting, really?) The actors in this movie are far better. Go in thinking action movie, for about 2hrs, give or take, and you will beThis movie has a lot of action, and that's a good thing. So, they may have deviated from the original a bit, and that's fine. The acting is ok at best. Listen, I have watched BattleShip twice. I think the acting in that movie totally SUCKS. (Rihanna, acting, really?) The actors in this movie are far better. Go in thinking action movie, for about 2hrs, give or take, and you will be satisfied. Anything else, and you will probably be disappointed. i will recommend this movie on that condition. Expand
  12. Apr 5, 2013
    ReviewZone212 put it best, most people says this movie sucks. Well those people can suck it, this movie was AWESOME. Great action, great cast and for the most part of it funny and intriguing dialogue, my only gripe was that there wasn't really a great portrayal of a plot.
  13. Mar 4, 2013
    I'ts just a movie! I don't know why some people try to compare a movie like this with some chance of happening in the real world. As far as I know, movies are made do entertain people, to make people get out of their boring routine.
  14. Nov 23, 2012
    I think this is yet another movie where the majority of the critics have gotten it wrong. Sure they could have dreamt up something a little more plausible than an invasion by paratroopers but the story wasn't so much about the hows or whys of war so much as to create a "what if" scenario. The characters were believable, the acting was pretty good, and the storyline was entertaining. ThereI think this is yet another movie where the majority of the critics have gotten it wrong. Sure they could have dreamt up something a little more plausible than an invasion by paratroopers but the story wasn't so much about the hows or whys of war so much as to create a "what if" scenario. The characters were believable, the acting was pretty good, and the storyline was entertaining. There were some funny parts and some omg moments. Overall it was definitely worth seeing in the theater. Expand
  15. Dec 2, 2012
    So the only reason I went to this particular movie was because it lined up with another movie we where going to watch and we had to watch 2 movies back to back because the tickets we had expired that day and my wife and i had an engagement with friends in the evening. I was not particularly enthused to see Red Dawn because of the horrendous score it got from almost every single critic. ISo the only reason I went to this particular movie was because it lined up with another movie we where going to watch and we had to watch 2 movies back to back because the tickets we had expired that day and my wife and i had an engagement with friends in the evening. I was not particularly enthused to see Red Dawn because of the horrendous score it got from almost every single critic. I knew they hated the acting and the plausibility of the story so in particular I payed close attention to both. As far as the acting goes it was very good, Hemsworth does well of course but his supporting cast also did well. The acting brought me into the movie instead of taking me out. The story was interesting and even somewhat plausible, it definitely wasn't so bad it made the movie ridiculous. I mean it is a fiction "what if" movie but I could see it play out if there was an invasion. I'm not sure to what success but still this is only a movie after all. One particular critic mocked a scene were a girl fires a rocket launcher, I have fired rocket launchers in real life when in the military and i fired it next to girls also firing rocket launchers so I'm not sure what was so unbelievable there. All in all the movie was a great time with an engaging story that made me and my wife glad we went to see it. As far as it stacking up to the original, I cant remember the original very well at all so i really have no idea. Collapse
  16. Dec 10, 2012
    I still have a difficult time believing that people listen to critics. I have an even harder time believing they get paid for what they do. This was a good action movie. It's as if they were expecting a thriller. I was also looking through user reviews and had to laugh at the illiteracy of most of the negative scorers. Are children rating? I can't trust an individual's opinion if he/sheI still have a difficult time believing that people listen to critics. I have an even harder time believing they get paid for what they do. This was a good action movie. It's as if they were expecting a thriller. I was also looking through user reviews and had to laugh at the illiteracy of most of the negative scorers. Are children rating? I can't trust an individual's opinion if he/she seems incompetent. Anyways, dairy for the tangent. Good action movie. If you haven't seen it, just remember......ACTION MOVIE. NOT PHILOSOPHICAL. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Peter Bradshaw
    Mar 15, 2013
    This has to be the year's most pointless remake: a boring and badly acted reboot of John Milius's gung-ho red-scare actioner from 1984.
  2. Reviewed by: Neil Smith
    Mar 11, 2013
    The doltish, messy and frequently incoherent result bears all the hallmarks of a botched and compromised endeavour.
  3. Reviewed by: Nick de Semlyen
    Mar 11, 2013
    Long-delayed. Arguably not long enough.