5.4

1. Apr 6, 2012
    I love the movie! I understand however, that in some countries, like in the States, a movie like this doesn't have the same effect that what it has in Europe, Latin America or even in some areas here in Australia (i.e Sydney, Melbourne, and Adelaide that are more European-like) . In my case, this movie is 'my type', perhaps partly because of my European ancestry. I believe the exposure to European culture has given me a different perspective of things-besides the Australian- and that includes art. Nonetheless, I have to agree that the film could have been better, that is for sure! There were things to be improved and they could have prolongued the tension and twisted the plot a bit more, but I enjoyed it so much as it was, anyway! An excellent movie...original, well crafted, great performances...! A real delight! Expand

1. The sights, sounds and traffic in Red Lights are oppressively ordinary; the people are unnervingly real. That reality doubles the suspense we might feel in a more slickly made but thinly plotted thriller.
  2. Reviewed by: Richard James Havis
    A classy and clever French thriller. Jean-Pierre Darroussin's performance as a browbeaten husband is entertaining, and Kahn's script brings wit and imagination to a straightforward story.
    With ruthless efficiency and wit, Kahn ratchets up unbearable tension and releases it in startlingly visceral fashion, but his placid denouement is the most chilling scene of all.