7.0

1. Aug 30, 2014
    awesome but not better then red 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. Oct 29, 2013
    A fun outing to the theater. It does not take it self to seriously but is not silly either. The characters are all very interesting and loads of fun.
  3. Sep 16, 2013
    Red delivers the goods (action, explosions, fun,) senior style. It takes a handful of some of Hollywood's best actors and actresses, and throws them in a silly, goofy, CIA-style world full of car chases, bazookas, paranoia, and, of course, action! And it has Morgan Freeman
  4. Feb 24, 2013
    You are never too old to make a great action comedy, and Bruce Willis and John Malkovich prove that in RED. This wasn't just another shoot um up kill fest with a story you've seen a million times. RED is action packed, but it's also clever, exciting, and hilarious. It's a fresh movie in a typically repetitive genre. Honestly they don't get much better than this!
  5. Sep 25, 2012
    It's the best action movie I've seen in my life! It is so good and fun! also has parts of comedy. I recommend it to everyone! Fewer women over 60 years ... In short: Not to be missed!
  6. Apr 1, 2012
    First off, this is a 9.25 out of 10. This has about everything. Action, comedy, it's real great. Acting is good. Everyone does a good job. Story and score are both really good. Overall this is a funny action ride that you should watch. It's really good.
  7. Feb 5, 2011
    This movie contains high octane, great characters and some humor. The critics who rated this movie are definetely wrong because this movie is the best action movie since the Expendables i have ever seen.
  8. Feb 1, 2011
    'Red' certainly isn't high-art, but it's an over-the-top, fun, funny, and decpetively smart (and well-acted) rollercoaster ride that utterly entertains from beginning to end. It also happens to be one of the most kickass films I have seen in a long time.
  9. Dec 15, 2010
    To enjoy this movie, you can't expect an action movie with a few small jokes. You need to expect over-the-top action sequences that are only half of the movie, with the other half being hilarious comedy. If you have that mind-set before going to the movie, you're in for a delightful couple hours.
  10. Dec 13, 2010
    Wonderful action-packed, not-too-gruesome, just the right amount of comedy, just the right amount of so-sweet, the good guy/bad guy pros had just the right amount of steel, the side-kick was just the right amount of silly, the surprises were surprises, the gunfire had just the right sounds, the special effects were WoW!, it made me jump! when I was supposed to and go Ahh at the right moments, the breaks in the action came at the right times, and the bad-guy had just the right amount of good guy inside. The kiss at the end made me sign. Oh, what fun! Such a kick! A feel-good movie with Action. I really want to see it again :) Nice. Expand
  11. Oct 30, 2010
    Great action flick! Perfect for a Saturday night. This movie captivated me as much as Die Hard did. Willis still rocks it. Mary Louis Parker was a perfect fit in this film.
  12. Oct 30, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Comic-book based Action Comedy featuring Bruce Willis as a retired CIA analyst. A hit squad are dispatched to take him out, for reasons unknown and so begins the adventure.

Willis gets in touch with his old team, Morgan Freeman, John Malkovic, Helen Mirren, and more. All retired, but who still enjoy taking on the odd "contract."

Its a slick ride from start to finish and its the movie Oceans Eleven (12, 13...) and Knight & Day tried to be (but fell short of the mark).

I've seen comments like "its the Expendables with OAPs" but its better than that.
  13. Oct 24, 2010
    The title is an acronym for "Retired, Extremely Dangerous," which describes the trio of ex-CIA agents (Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman and Helen Mirren). After a few threats on their lives, they team up to find out who's behind the conspiracy. While this is a deftly-crafted action flick, what makes it stand out is the dark comic spin. Add John Malkovich in his most hilarious role ever (who knew?) and Mary Louise Parker as a charmingly-funny neophyte and you've got a smart cast that knows how to deliver. This film won't make cinematic history, but it sure provides a damn good time! Expand
  14. Oct 21, 2010
    This movie was exactly what I thought it would be. A roller coaster ride of action and comedy. It has been a while since I have sat down and watched a movie that was just fun to watch. All these nay sayers crying about realism and character plot should stay home on their couch and enjoy their Oscar winning selections. For the rest of us that want to escape realism for a couple of hours and enjoy being entertained then this is the movie to see. Expand
  15. Oct 17, 2010
    I really enjoyed this movie. It is based on a comic book so expect lots of "over the top" action sequences; apparently some other users didn't know this. Also, the acting is ok, but this movie being an action comedy, it is completely understandable. I highly recommend this for a Friday night. Please remember, this movie is an ACTION COMEDY.
  16. Oct 15, 2010
    Man, this movie is awesome! This is how you make an old-people action movie, Expendables!! I saw them film part of this in New Orleans, so I was pretty excited about this movie. But when I saw the first trailer with Helen Mirren with automatic guns and John Malkovich running after some guys with bombs strapped to his chest, I knew this was gonna rock, and it did!!! The entire cast seems to be having a blast, which just helps their awesome performances. I'm a huge Bruce Willis fan, and I wasn't dissapointed. The action scenes are awesome and cartoony, and the comedy had me rolling on the floor!! Overall, with a strong cast, clever wit and dialouge, and some awesome action scenes, RED is an awesome ride that blows this years other action movies out of the water!! Expand
  17. Oct 15, 2010
    This movie is a lot of fun. It is a quintessential "popcorn picture" -- not a lot of substance, but it doesn't really matter because the cast is so fantastic. If you are looking for an enjoyable diversion of the type that Hollywood rarely makes these days, then I highly recommend checking this out. In terms of quality, it is miles above most summer blockbusters.
  18. Oct 15, 2010
    Based on a graphic novel of the same name, RED (Retired and Extremely Dangerous) follows a group of retired CIA agents who band together to find some answers after they are being picked off one-by-one.

When former black-ops agent Frank Moses (Willis) finds himself the target of an assassination attempt, he goes underground and assembles a team of retired operatives also on the hit list.
    Together they search out clues as to why they are being targeted and uncover an even bigger conspiracy along the way.

With an all star cast including Dame Helen Mirren, Morgan Freeman, John Malkovich, Ernest Borgnine (still spry at 93!) and Brian Cox, RED is a fun action-adventure romp with just the right amount of comedy to keep it light.

While I was never a fan of Willis, he does bring the cool back from his days as John McClane in Die Hard with this film. His shy and humble Frank Moses is unsure of his charm with the ladies as he tries to woo Sarah (Mary-Louise Parker) whilst also kidnapping her in the process.

Dame Mirren shows off her action heroine chops off as Victoria, a retired assasin and card-carrying member of the AARP and the NRA. Malkovich, well, he's John Malkovich in all his quirkiness and just amusing to watch any time.

As the agent hot on their trail, audiences will have a love/hate relationship with Agent Cooper (Karl Urban). He may look like the end result of the question - "What if Billie Joe Armstrong of Green Day and Leonardo DiCaprio had a kid?" but look for Urban to headline many more movies in the future. There's a leading-man charm factor about him that can't be missed.

Far better story and script than say, The Expendables (a movie that contained so much cheese, one wishes they could sneak in a bottle of wine into the theatre), RED is great escapist fun and isn't that what movies are supposed to be?

1. Reviewed by: Tim Robey
    Nov 20, 2013
    The movie doesn’t have a funny bone in its body, clomping from one unoriginal set piece to the next with a head-scratching lack of urgency.
  2. Reviewed by: Anthony Lane
    Oct 27, 2010
    The good news is that, while "The Expendables" was the kind of product that should be shown to health inspectors rather than critics, much of Red is jovial and juvenating. [1 Nov. 2010, p.121]
  3. Reviewed by: Angie Errigo
    Oct 21, 2010
    Good fun, and though it breathes hard in the second half, the ensemble has charisma to spare.