6.0

1. UnderhugL.
    Nov 26, 2002
    Professional critics, they have all lost there sense of wonder. R of F was a fabulous fantasy with everyone and everything over-the-top. I'd take this over Harry Potter - utter crap - any day. If Roger Ebert dislikes it, its gotta be good.
  2. ImoenN.
    Nov 5, 2002
    THIS MOVIE KICKED SOME SERIOUS ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. JurgenC.
    Feb 9, 2003
    Nice one , i enjoyed it.
  4. ColR.
    Aug 2, 2004
    This ain't a world beating movie by any means, but the CGI is VERY strong (see this and compare it to the big budget Harry Potter flix to see what I mean), and the overall delivery of the plot is very good. I can watch this movie over and over - it has an almost "Highlander" feel to it, and I'm sure one day, people will hold it in mind as a cult classic. It's very enjoyable This ain't a world beating movie by any means, but the CGI is VERY strong (see this and compare it to the big budget Harry Potter flix to see what I mean), and the overall delivery of the plot is very good. I can watch this movie over and over - it has an almost "Highlander" feel to it, and I'm sure one day, people will hold it in mind as a cult classic. It's very enjoyable and quite well acted. Anyone who didn't enjoy it really needs to ask some serious questions about their definition of fun. See it - you will like it. Expand
  5. LenaG.
    Nov 20, 2002
    I loved this movie. It was a decent storyline, once you listened to the voice-over when writing the letter. And the actors were wonderful. The only problem I has was having to pause the DVD and tell my kids what the British actors had said (the accents were very thick and mumbled). Loved the Tats to death!
  6. SabaH.
    Oct 28, 2002
    Wow! good stuff!
  7. ArnoldP.
    Aug 9, 2002
    The dragons are cool. The male one, anyway. The critics are wrong about this one.
  8. GannyO.
    Jan 4, 2003
    Good, exciting, and cool!!! Dont recommend to people who love dragons!!!
  9. BradyC.
    Jul 12, 2002
    Critics BLOW A$$ CHUNKS, it was an awesome movie needed more dragons and fighting with drogons instead of just 2 and how humans kind barley put up a fight, i mean we resorted to nukes what the hell im pretty sure that an F-18 SuperHornet could kick a dragon's a$$. A fighter jet goes like twice as fast. If a hellicopter can nearly outrun one well there ya go but all in all its a great flick.
  10. TK
    Nov 17, 2007
    Not the best movie ever... but mildly entertaining. The characters are somewhat likable and the story was predictable but decent. PS Aron, your not cool and couldn't write a review worth reading to save your life... regardless of what Mindy might think.
  11. Aug 19, 2010
    A stupid ending, with laughable dialogue and Matthew McConaughey looking and acting like something out of GI joe and yet I was never bored and found it quite entertaining. I'm a bit annoyed though because it's never as epic or explosive as it should be and never as heartfelt as it wants to be. The cover and posters are misleading
  12. AidanP.
    Jun 27, 2007
    I love this movie, its great. Don't know why it received such bad reviews, after all, its fantasy.
  13. Louis'sbrother
    Mar 21, 2007
    Best epic of the year! I was at the edge of my seat throughout the whole movie. The only problem is that the story needs some work.
  14. ChrisMc
    Oct 6, 2005
    Good, enjoyable rubbish!
  15. Apr 21, 2013
    Very good post-apocalyptic science-fiction/fantasy movie with some interesting characters, good computer generated images and exciting action scenes. Unfortunately, everything inbetween those action scenes is somewhat dull.

Apparently some of the characters are named after environmentalist authors but I am not sure if this movie has a political message; I couldn't find it.
  16. BobbyH.ComeHomeandDrinkYourMilk
    Jan 8, 2003
    What are you two crazy??? This movie is a classic and my son Japple and I loved it. How can you not love a movie like this where they don't care about character development and they will do whatever it takes to fill up 2 hours so morons like Aaron go see it. Anyway please email me Mindy, I was curious to see if you were interested in having a threesome with CC and I. Okieee I gotta What are you two crazy??? This movie is a classic and my son Japple and I loved it. How can you not love a movie like this where they don't care about character development and they will do whatever it takes to fill up 2 hours so morons like Aaron go see it. Anyway please email me Mindy, I was curious to see if you were interested in having a threesome with CC and I. Okieee I gotta go home and drink my milk now. Take your tickets and bye bye. Expand
  17. Sam
    Oct 30, 2005
    Far from the classics that were also released in 2002 such as Signs and Spider-Man, yet good silly entertainment none-the-less. Don't expect much more, though.
  18. MichaelS.
    Oct 9, 2002
    I've really enjoyned this film. There some couple of good scenes but the performences are awfull! Great special effects with a dark touch. It's not that bad...
  19. G.Rap
    Nov 3, 2002
    The action was pretty cool, and some of the special effects were awesome, but the storyline was a little weak.
  20. FilazaferX
    Dec 26, 2002
    This movie was actually very good. I thought the dragons actually looked better than the dragons in Lord of the Rings. If you like fantasy movies then check it out, if not then don't bother.
  21. Jovi
    Jul 12, 2002
    The Road Warrior meets Apocalypse Now meets Dragon Slayer... a fun all balls out film. It is 'man style.' I would have enjoyed seeing the film take place during the devastation as apposed to what it is now, a post world overtaken by dragons. But why complain? At least someone made a serious Dragon film where Dragons are dragons and not just talking know it alls.
  22. T.Y.
    Sep 27, 2002
    I liked it. A good dragon bash. I enjoyed the fact that the action sequences didn't become unbelievable like when characters manage to "Miraculously" survive, which seems to happen in way too many films these days. You leap at a dragon weilding an axe, you die! Its good (not great but so what) go see it.
  23. TylerG.
    Feb 15, 2003
    I only give this movie an 8 because C. Bale and M. Mconaughey are so charismatic. Sure, the story is a bit lame, but if you'd dropped your expectations of the director and embraced your appreciations for the fine talents of Mr. Bale and Mr. Mconaughey, you'd have give it an 8. A sequel would be perfect!
  24. Jan 3, 2015
    Beautiful and dark, merciless and somehow realistic movie about survival. The dragons are beautifully made, and they stand out as extreme predators. Humans, for once, are really there for a lunch.

1. A collision of medieval fantasy and commando action movie, where you can almost believe in the high-concept mix-and-matching.
  2. Often incomprehensible (a combination of jumpy editing and lots of thick British Isles accents) and hardly ever entertaining - even unintentionally.
  3. The beasts are employed to splendid metaphorical effect, which may be lost on viewers perceiving nothing but an action romp.