6.0

1. Apr 21, 2013
    Very good post-apocalyptic science-fiction/fantasy movie with some interesting characters, good computer generated images and exciting action scenes. Unfortunately, everything inbetween those action scenes is somewhat dull.

Apparently some of the characters are named after environmentalist authors but I am not sure if this movie has a political message; I couldn't find it.
  2. Nov 12, 2012
    Heartbreakingly mediocre for such a list of good ideas.
  3. Nov 9, 2012
    Reign of Fire is a fun monster movie. The effects are mostly good and it has some decent action scenes. Reign of Fire also drags a scenery chewing performance out of Mathew McConaughey: "You go ahead and have your little soiree. Personally, you people make me sick!"
  4. Aug 19, 2010
    A stupid ending, with laughable dialogue and Matthew McConaughey looking and acting like something out of GI joe and yet I was never bored and found it quite entertaining. I'm a bit annoyed though because it's never as epic or explosive as it should be and never as heartfelt as it wants to be. The cover and posters are misleading

1. A collision of medieval fantasy and commando action movie, where you can almost believe in the high-concept mix-and-matching.
  2. Often incomprehensible (a combination of jumpy editing and lots of thick British Isles accents) and hardly ever entertaining - even unintentionally.
  3. The beasts are employed to splendid metaphorical effect, which may be lost on viewers perceiving nothing but an action romp.