8.8

1. Nov 15, 2011
    I think you should ignore the critics on this one. This is definitely one of my favorite movies! I can watch this movie over and over again. The story is absolutely great! Personally I like football a lot, which makes this movie even more appealing to me. And the fact that it's all based on actual events from 1971, makes this movie to what it is; a masterpiece! A must-see!!
  2. Sep 5, 2010
    My Favorite Movie! I taped it and I will play it even if I am not watching the whole movie, I love the soundtrack! I graduated in '72.... I know the racial issue during this time... I am white and the school was integrated. I was a cheerleader (one of three white girls and two black girls). I developed friendships with white and black.... and there were white schoolmates that Chastised me. However my family (who I would never imagine at that age, were not prejudice ,,,hmmm) my parents met my friends and it didn't matter their color, but they met them as a human being. This is what this movie is about. Expand
  3. Jul 20, 2011
    RTT is a movie that tries to fit 2 things in one movie: Racial Desegregation and Titans football, but fails to do justice to either. The movie is an inspiring one as all sports movie tend to be, but if you are a tough nut to crack, you may start yawning at some places. It is quite predictable if you look at the movie objectively. There's the first half with all the good-for-nothing individuals, inspiration, motivation and boot camp training. Then there's the second half with the initial hardships, near losses, the inspired masterstroke and the big final win. But thanks to the racial undertone, the proceedings are dramatic enough to watch.

The script is inconsistent that is it is too weak/lame at some points but very strong in other instances. Almost all energy has been put into making sure that everything looks right from the outside. Individual characterizations are poor and it shows in the actors' performance. Some scenes are written beautifully but some scenes fail to impress. The director Boaz Yakin too surprisingly sticks with the script and doesn't explore the many possible angles.

Denzel Washington does an amazing job at the centre playing the insanely tough and bullish coach, Herman Boone. Will Patton who plays his calm deputy Bill Yoast is passive in the first half (thanks to the poor writing) but comes to the foreground and gives an acceptable performance as the movie progresses. Wood Harris and Ryan Hurst share a great chemistry and give believable combined performances playing leaders of the black and white bandwagon respectively.

The football scenes are a treat to watch. Make sure you know the jargon and tactics of football because if you don't enjoy them, you are gonna miss half the fun. Everything from the warm ups, the handful play sequences, the individual player's sacrifice for the good of the tea and the exchange between the coaches. The choreographer (if its the right word) deserves a round of applause for his work. Watch it if you are a fan of Denzel Washington or if you want to discover the meaning of team spirit. Watch the movie expecting exactly whats present in it and you will be impressed and walk out completely satisfied. But if you randomly walk in hoping to see something a class apart from others, this one will be a bit of a disappointment. But all in all, the experience will be worth 'remembering'...well at least for sometime.
  4. Feb 11, 2012
    Really surprised the critics didn't like this one. I have seen this movie so many times i can practically recite the whole thing off the top of my head. One of my favorite sports movies ever.
  5. Nov 28, 2012
    The embodiment of excellent modern sports dramas, "Remember The Titans" is inspiring, compelling, and intelligent.
  6. Jan 4, 2013
    This film is incredible! One of the best I've ever seen! Truly inspirational with great performances all round and based on a real life story! A must see in my eyes!!! I can and have watched it a number of times.
  7. Apr 6, 2013
    Remember the Titans is an inspirational sports film about a football team in Virginia. The plot in this movie is great and everyone was absolutely great at acting. From Denzel Washington to the barely seen football players on the team. In my opinion, this is a good inspirational movie for everyone that I recommend you see.
  8. Mar 10, 2014
    A Disney story with a Disney ending. The movie tweaks a few details of the true story to make it pleasing for everyone watching. And that is exactly what it was, enjoyable to watch with great quotable speeches. But it was just too predictable and too "soft" for my taste but good insight to what it was like in those days. My final score is 71.8 out of 100.
  9. Apr 27, 2013
    Are the metacritics just ignorant or what? How does this movie not have 90metascore (atleast), This is one of the best movies ever made. I can watch this movie over and over again, without being bored. Simply, amazing.
  10. Nov 24, 2013
    When first saw this, I knew what was going to happen and such, but it's how they get there, with an amazing emotional turn and fun, this is one of my favorite movies.

Distressingly shallow.
  2. Earns its emotional moments, and it takes the audience along.
  3. Denzel Washington, by now, could do this sort of role in his sleep.