7.2

Nov 14, 2007
    Boring and slow moving.
  2. JeffS.
    Oct 15, 2007
    A movie of one-dimensional stock characters staring into space (usually upwards while in bed) worrying about 'big bad' American political procedure in a nameless Muslim nation. Absolute garbage featuring career low performances for most of the usually stunning cast.
  3. LouisS.
    Oct 19, 2007
    I would give this a 0 for balance and a 5 for propaganda. The acting is a 2. These are some very poor performances from good actors. I'm not sure what happened but this is pretty dull for a so called thriller. it does great disservive to a complicated issue. Its like paying money to watch an anti 24.
    Oct 22, 2007
    This is a disappointment to say the least...its odd propaganda that seems sort of puzzling at what they were thinking by this.
  5. Chrisb.
    Oct 27, 2007
    This could not be worse...such a terrible story line with a lack of action or emotion, the use of music to set the mood wasn't even good. i have never wanted to walk out of a film before at the cinema ...this was the first time i did!
  6. JohnV
    Dec 28, 2008
    One of the worst movies I have seen in a long time. Painful performances by Witherspoon and Streep. I dont know who is worse or more unconvincing Peter S. or Jake G. Jake G's character is totally undeveloped and unconvincing. Peter S's character is laughable. Walks right up to a CIA chief at a cocktail party and threatens her. Hes an adviser to a Senator! And she discusses it One of the worst movies I have seen in a long time. Painful performances by Witherspoon and Streep. I dont know who is worse or more unconvincing Peter S. or Jake G. Jake G's character is totally undeveloped and unconvincing. Peter S's character is laughable. Walks right up to a CIA chief at a cocktail party and threatens her. Hes an adviser to a Senator! And she discusses it with him. Give me a F-ing break. Subject matter deserves a more serious movie. Total crap. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Angie Errigo
    Disappointingly dull given the explosive subject matter, this at least attempts to get a message into the mainstream. An extra star for effort rather than execution.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    By underplaying the melodrama in the presumed hope of seeming subtle when Kelley Sane’s script is so baldly melodramatic, the “Tsotsi” helmer drains the life out of an obviously explosive subject.
  3. The jumping around is as deft as a hippo in a tutu, and the director, Gavin Hood, never finds a rhythm.