- Starring: Alexa Vega, Anthony Head, Paul Sorvino
- Summary: In the year 2056 – the not so distant future – an epidemic of organ failures devastates the planet. Out of the tragedy, a savior emerges: GeneCo, a biotech company that offers organ transplants… for a price. Those who miss their payments are scheduled for repossession and hunted by villainous Repo Men. In a world where surgery addicts are hooked on painkilling drugs and murder is sanctioned by law, a sheltered young girl searches for the cure to her own rare disease as well as information about her family’s mysterious history. After being sucked into the haunting world of GeneCo, she is unable to turn back, as all of her questions will be answered at the wildly anticipated spectacular event: The Genetic Opera. (Lionsgate)… Expand
- Director: Darren Lynn Bousman
- Genre(s): Sci-Fi, Horror, Musical
- More Details and Credits »
Sep 6, 2012Where do I start?
The acting was good, the music was catchy, it was silly and dark at the same time, it was just a great film all together.
The music was amazing and I still sing it all the time, the lyrics where between actual music and just a conversation (an abnormal conversation, these characters have nothing normal to talk about) which they actually pulled off pretty well.
It was silly, the scenes with the Largo's (Pavi, Luigi, Amber and Rotti) never took themselves seriously (except maybe a few parts with Rotti,) and the plot didn't always want to be taken seriously. It was extremely surreal and that's what I love about it.
Yet again, the plot didn't always want to be taken seriously and a couple things just came out of nowhere and left just as quickly (which pisses me off in ANY movie,) but mostly it wasn't a terrible plot.
It was dark. Two words, organ repossessions. You can't have that and not have it be dark. It doesn't happen.
Yes, Shilo could be a total **** and the plot jumped around in a few places, but this is an awesome movie. I haven't seen Repo Men yet, so let's not bring that rip-off up.… Expand
Apr 11, 2011A brilliant film with fantastic acting, story, visuals and soundtrack. Intelligent and unique with subtle commentary on the compulsions and conditions of our kind. Not the highest budget film but makes up for it in originality and actually having something new to bring to the board rather than just being another mindless action romp.
Also has a disturbing Gothic charm which is an unusual selling point.
9/10 because some areas of the plot could really have been expanded upon.… Expand
Jun 9, 2011Generally, this movie is based upon the music. If you are short on cash and can only buy the soundtrack, do so. The plot is not a huge thing, but it is a very interesting concept. Much more of a dark outlook than Repo Men. If you ever want to find someone who knows this, just tell them what Zydrate comes in. Definitely not a normal movie. Whether that is good or bad is your choice.… Expand
Aug 14, 2012How is the user score at 8.2? Am I missing something here? The film is quite terrible. The songs aren't memorable, the story feels non-existent with nothing to really pull it forward except songs that aren't worth tapping your foot to, and the whole thing is just boring. It's sad when Paul Sorvino is better at singing than anyone else in this piece of dung.… Expand
Published: June 14, 2012It's becoming increasingly clear that this week's "Rock of Ages" is not a great film. How bad will it need to be to rank among the worst stage-to-screen adaptations in recent memory, and what 10 films made the jump most successfully?
- By user score