7.7

1. May 15, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A fantastic movie. It is beautiful in every aspect. Story, image, acting; plot, music.. It isn t realy that kind of a movie that gives you much of suspence rather than a movie that gives you insight and lets you enjoy the slow decay of the tormented mind of a sick and mad woman. Expand
  2. Feb 20, 2014
    Not scary, not interesting - just pretentious. Literally nothing happens in the first 3/4 of the movie. You watch a character with no personality walk around London and gaze out the window of her apartment for the majority of the film. I guess it's supposed to be artistic or something, but I can't really see it.

This is one of the most boring and least rewarding films I've watched in
    years. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Expand
  3. May 15, 2013
    The story is not bad, but the film is so boring and takes a long time until finally something happens. When something finally happens this is the "highlight" of the film. Even old movies should be entertaining. In my opinion this film is not.

1. Reviewed by: Kim Newman
    Dec 31, 2012
    If hell is in the details, Roman Polanski has captured it here in his disturbing portrait of falling into psychosis.
  2. Repulsion's depiction of a young woman's dissolution into madness is one of the most harrowing mental descents ever depicted onscreen. (Reviewed 11/24/97)
  3. Roman Polanski's first film in English (1965, 105 min.) is still his scariest and most disturbing--not only for its evocations of sexual panic, but also because his masterful employment of sound puts the audience's imagination to work in numerous ways...As narrative this works only part of the time, and as case study it may occasionally seem too pat, but as subjective nightmare it's a stunning piece of filmmaking.