8.6

1. Aug 13, 2010
    Reservoir Dogs was Quentin Tarantinoâ
  2. Sep 4, 2010
    Sorry for the translation.

The year was 1992 - In the cinematic landscape is a new director and a new movie. The director named Quentin Tarantino, the film Reservoir Dogs. Synopsis: Robbery, fleeing in a warehouse, debates, quarrels, emotional consequences, death stars. (Except one, perhaps). Who is Quentin Tarantino: A brilliant storyteller. (S.m. skillful storyteller)
    Sorry for the translation.

The year was 1992 -

Who is Quentin Tarantino: A brilliant storyteller. (S.m. skillful storyteller)

About Reservoir Dogs: A film against intellectual arrogance. When you're seriously pissed use the tools that are familiar to make you feel better.

What are the symptoms (nervousness): A brilliant storyteller and surprises you when he talks about topics such as handling, race, music, religion, violence. So his characters before the cameras never lose vitality even in extreme situations. Everything is structured around the conversations that are always stimulating. Tarantino shakes you from stupor.

As you can: through the camera, leaving no escape. You're down there shooting, anyway.

What is comparable to the work of Tarantino: The most famous artist Mamontow toy. The Russian dolls.

In that sense: The Russian doll is a collection of dolls, Russian wood of different sizes, nicely colored. Each piece can be inserted into another and is divided into two parts. The pieces in them are not full, but empty. Only the latter, the smallest, which is called "seed" is full.
    The largest piece is called "mother". The Russian doll, the figure represents a peasant mother and generous as it may be the land. The creative mind of Tarantino is generous as it is a Russian doll.

Got a message for Mr. Tarantino? Yes, welcome in Italy. Venice is beautiful. A partnership with Carlo Verdone would an Oscar in Italy.

An example of imaginative narration (narration).

Ok.

Un giorno, un non vedente era seduto sul gradino di un marciapiede con un cappello ai suoi piedi e un pezzo di cartone con su scritto: «Sono cieco, aiutatemi per favore!» "One day a blind man was sitting on the slope of a sidewalk with a cap at his feet and a piece of cardboard with this written on it: â
  3. Mar 6, 2011
    The movie that made Tarantino awesome. Probably one of Tarantino's greatest films next to Pulp Fiction, it has everything you expect and love from Tarantino; Memorable dialogs, well written characters, well paced non-linear storyline, constant references to pop culture and tribute like feelings. If you want to explore Tarantino's films, start with this one.
  4. Dec 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It's Tarantino's debut and breakthrough in Hollywood.
    i fully admire his efforts on the story and direction.
    Everybody just did a great job.Joe,Eddie and our prominent colors steals the show.
    Infrequent violence scenes make it powerful and the acting is just over the top.Screenplay rules.
    I really liked everyone but Steve Buscemi,Tim Roth and Harvey Keitel just steals the show.
    This movie starts the style of Tarantino's long conversation about pop culture,daily and criminal activities which people enjoys till now.
    Especially,the infamous cop-torture scene and the when Mr. Pink shoots at cops repeatedly are too good.
    This is a perfect crime movie.
    It's that kind of movie ,you can see 10 times ,if you liked it.
    It was my first non-linear story line Hollywood movie ,they did it so perfectly that now i love this kind.
    It's fast pace wouldn't let you bore for one freaking second.
    People who love to see crime movies will surely adore it.
    Everything is so great which make this flick unforgettable.
  5. Jan 24, 2011
    Simply, a classic. Great cast with great acting and great dialogue. Gangster movie about a bank robbery you don't actually see, you only hear what happened and yet your eyes are glued to the screen every second of the movie. A must see for any movie lover.
  6. Aug 16, 2010
    This film has some of the best acting I've seen. Definitly an American Crime Classic. Also a very strong lesson on who to trust and who not to trust.
  7. Nov 2, 2010
    It's sad that not as many people have watched this gem. It's such a great film I did not give it a 10 because some parts drag on a bit but overall this is one of the best movies of all times in my book.
  8. Mar 27, 2011
    An awesome Crime Gangstar movie. I finally watch this movie. I love it. This is one of the best movie i seen. Memorable lines and scene. This movie brings action and comedy. An Crime gangster movie ever body should watch. very entertaining. I never watch this movie before because I didnt think it was going be all this good. If you haven't watch it already you should.
  9. Jul 14, 2011
    "If you shoot me in a dream, you better wake up and apologize." Simply fantastic. Tarantino is in a league of his own. And to think, his next film was Pulp Fiction.
  10. Jul 2, 2011
    Starting with a clever plot, following up with a genius screenplay, and ending with mind blowing performances by a male dominated cast Reservoir Dogs will not disappoint. This is the debut film from the often controversial and always twisted director/ writer/ actor Quentin Tarantino and it delivers the punch that he is now known for. Tim Roth (as Mr. Orange) gives his best performance,Starting with a clever plot, following up with a genius screenplay, and ending with mind blowing performances by a male dominated cast Reservoir Dogs will not disappoint. This is the debut film from the often controversial and always twisted director/ writer/ actor Quentin Tarantino and it delivers the punch that he is now known for. Tim Roth (as Mr. Orange) gives his best performance, but, not to be outdone, is Michael Madsen who delivers a surprisingly enticing role as Mr. Blonde. This is often considered a cult hit, as are many of his films, but cerebral plotting and a cunning screenplay keep Reservoir Dogs a must see of 1990's cinema. Expand
  11. Oct 22, 2013
    As the camera circles and observes the scene, it's clear to see the talent involved in 'Reservoir Dogs', director and writer Quentin Tarantino is one of those men sitting at the table, alongside Michael Madsen, Harvey Keitel, Steve Buscemi, Lawrence Tierney and Tim Roth amongst others, they are well dressed in black suits and are having a rather crude discussion surrounding the MadonnaAs the camera circles and observes the scene, it's clear to see the talent involved in 'Reservoir Dogs', director and writer Quentin Tarantino is one of those men sitting at the table, alongside Michael Madsen, Harvey Keitel, Steve Buscemi, Lawrence Tierney and Tim Roth amongst others, they are well dressed in black suits and are having a rather crude discussion surrounding the Madonna song "Like a Virgin". These men don't know each other, but they share chemistry over coffee, but we soon learn that they have reason for being there, a jewellery story heist that we see in flashbacks, because for most of the film, we have a lot of dialogue taking place in the warehouse that was the agreed rendezvous, but you can now judge from this wording that it all goes horribly wrong, and as a few start to appear at the warehouse with various theories as to what went wrong, the most prominent of these being an informant within the pack, injuries and deaths have happened, and now they must find out what truth there is to the 'rat' business. The unfortunate shortcomings of the film lie with its characters having little intrigue or prospect about them, the plot revolves around them, but at the same time it revolves more around trying to find out what went wrong, the plot is intriguing, but not enough time is spent working up a point to each 'colour', each man being called a different one so as to protect their names, but that isn't to say the performances aren't immense, with Madsen almost stealing the show with his cold and collective attitude, each time he's about to speak is edgy because of his unpredictability and menacing demeanour. Keitel is the level headed one who looks after Roths character after he is shot. There are plenty of surprises and shocks along the way, while introductions to the characters through flashbacks intertwine well with the main arc of the warehouse, but we don't have particularly witty or mesmerising dialogue, the script relies on its characters and its conclusion of figuring out the problems of the heist. Tarantino is a proven marvel when it comes to unique filmmaking, this film was the kick off to some dark humour such as Madsens "Mr Blonde" toying with his victim as he dances to "Stealers Wheel", it funny but frightening, we have no idea what is about to happen, and Tarantino has carried on this witty and quick fire shooting that captures smaller but significant details that matter. This isn't his finest work, but here we get a crisp and sharp introduction to the technique and capabilities of Tarantino, he assembles quite the sought after cast with equally impressive performances, and a soundtrack that works well with the darkly humorous script, not as tight as it should be but still a cut above most, it talks perhaps a little too much, but never becomes boring or stale. Expand
  12. Apr 6, 2012
    Wow, Quentin Tarantino thank you for this gem. I effing love when mr. blonde has the officer tied to the chair in the safe house, it manages to be psychotic and badass at the same time.
  13. Apr 5, 2012
    I believe this is Tarantino's best movie...well, to me it is definitely better than Pulp Fiction. A great movie indeed, not a 10 but close...I hope to watch it again soon. What else can I say that hasn't been mentioned yet?
  14. May 31, 2014
    1992's Reservoir Dogs Is One Of My Favorite Films, I Like It Because My Mom Kelli Krajci Was 36 Years Old In 1992, One Of My Gym Teachers Mr. G Told Me This One And 1995's Casino Are Two Good Movies To Watch On DVD, This Is One Of My Brother Jesse Krajci's Favorite Films Along With Pulp Fiction From The Year When Me And My Brother Jesse Were Born And Also A Clockwork Orange From 1971, This1992's Reservoir Dogs Is One Of My Favorite Films, I Like It Because My Mom Kelli Krajci Was 36 Years Old In 1992, One Of My Gym Teachers Mr. G Told Me This One And 1995's Casino Are Two Good Movies To Watch On DVD, This Is One Of My Brother Jesse Krajci's Favorite Films Along With Pulp Fiction From The Year When Me And My Brother Jesse Were Born And Also A Clockwork Orange From 1971, This Film Uses The F Word 270 Times And Ton Loads Of Buckets Of Blood. Expand
  15. Dec 23, 2013
    The film starts off with a bang, and it refuses to stop. Much has been said of Reservoir Dogs, and it's certainly a film that everyone should see. Visceral, evocative, and brutally real.
  16. Dec 1, 2012
    Sam S. : Mr. Pink shoots him from under the ramp. You can see his gun withdrawn when he runs out. This movie is way better if you are extremely attentive. Notice Joe says he 'ignored his instincts' about the snitch?....remember the scene with the dog barking in the bathroom of the snitch's story..thats Joe's instincts calling him out. the noise of the hand dryer blocks it out.
  17. Mar 9, 2013
    Tarantino has a very strong opening to his extremely sucessful career by providing us with the powerfully written script Reservoir Dogs that will get inside your head for the rest of your life.
  18. Jan 7, 2013
    This movie is why Tarentino is a phenomenon. A screenplay that explains all the intrinsic character story lines that connect in one perfect moment of momentous fury. The acting of Harvey Keitel is unappreciated, and Steve Buchemi is awesome. The script is full of conversations that show who the characters are and an awesome reveal of the ending.
  19. Mar 20, 2013
    Reservoir Dogs This is Quentin Tarantino's first film as a director. This film contains many attributes, violence, the first scene is possibly Tarantino'd funniest scene. Even in his first film Tarantino has managed to get a great cast together. With the legendary Harvey Keitel, Steve Buscemi, Tim Roth, Chris Penn, Micheal Madson. With this cast the film was only ever going to be utterReservoir Dogs This is Quentin Tarantino's first film as a director. This film contains many attributes, violence, the first scene is possibly Tarantino'd funniest scene. Even in his first film Tarantino has managed to get a great cast together. With the legendary Harvey Keitel, Steve Buscemi, Tim Roth, Chris Penn, Micheal Madson. With this cast the film was only ever going to be utter perfection.The plot is possibly the most basic plot ever in a film, but still the most intelligent to come up with.
    plot: The Reservoir Dogs are planning to rob a shop, and one of them being Mr Orange (Tim Roth) is a policeman and tells the police about this master plan, Tim Roth is the "rat" in the system.
  20. May 24, 2013
    Quentin Tarantino's debut feature paves the way for most of his future work; a complex, compelling story and a variety of characters with different motives and characteristics that manage to work well together (the quirky Mr. Pink and the psychotic Mr. Blonde) without them stealing the limelight from the other characters. Of course this a Tarantino flick though, so there's blood lots ofQuentin Tarantino's debut feature paves the way for most of his future work; a complex, compelling story and a variety of characters with different motives and characteristics that manage to work well together (the quirky Mr. Pink and the psychotic Mr. Blonde) without them stealing the limelight from the other characters. Of course this a Tarantino flick though, so there's blood lots of it and even with his first film Tarantino wasn't afraid to stir up controversy (THAT scene, you know the one that makes great use of the Stealer's Wheel song), yet even with all the violence Tarantino still makes a stylish flick with classic scenes (like THAT scene (again)). Though overshadowed by his later work, this is an incredible debut from a talented director and even 20 years after its release the film still seems extraordinary. Expand
  21. Jul 6, 2013
    The controversy of this film ups the ranking, is it a simple remake is the question on my mind; and I love that feeling of making my own choice of it, mine being its superb.
  22. Jun 9, 2014
    This is Tarantino's beginning, not 'Pulp Fiction', although 'Reservoir Dogs' barely hits at the marker. However, its script, acting (particularly Keitel, Madsen, and Buscemi), and cinematography help set in motion the quintessential neo-noir 'Pulp Fiction'. I hadn't recognized that many modern cultural references came from Tarantino, including the "world's smallest violin".
  23. Sep 15, 2013
    I'm just gonna go ahead and say it: I think this movie is better than Pulp Fiction.

Unlike most of the Tarantino fans, I think this movie was a little bit better than Pulp. I just liked the story and characters more. Anyway, let me talk about THIS movie. Reservoir Dogs is a timeless classic. There are no smartphones, iPads, or laptops. Just good old fashioned killing. No

Anyway, let me talk about THIS movie.

No spoilers, the story is about a group of men who are pulling off a bank heist. But when it goes terribly wrong, they think they have a rat working for the police in their midst. This is followed by paranoia, suspicion, and rage. (I didn't differ very much from the IMDb description, so I don't believe any spoilers were revealed.) This story is very captivating, and the actors make it that way with no-bull performances. Michael Madsen, Tim Roth, and Chris Penn were all in the early stages of their acting careers, and this movie was their big break. In fact, if Harvey Keitel hadn't agreed to produce it and star in it, it probably wouldn't have even seen the light of day; or at least it wouldn't have been as big as it is now.

The script is very compelling and stylish. It gives a certain edge to the movie that made it better. A lot of this movie's dialogue has been quoted many times. My point- it was a very memorable movie.

Overall, you have to see Reservoir Dogs. It is a timeless classic that defined Tarantino movies for the rest of his career.
  24. Dec 4, 2013
    Detailing the events of the prologues and aftermath of a failed, botched diamond heist, "Reservoir Dogs" is a classic flick that demonstrates how to create an interesting, clever story, with superb character development and an outstanding plot, while maintaining a very low budget of only $1.5 million. While some of the derogatory language could have been done away with, being that much ofDetailing the events of the prologues and aftermath of a failed, botched diamond heist, "Reservoir Dogs" is a classic flick that demonstrates how to create an interesting, clever story, with superb character development and an outstanding plot, while maintaining a very low budget of only $1.5 million. While some of the derogatory language could have been done away with, being that much of it was unnecessary and becoming so repetitive that the viewer could guess the frequency as to what words would be said at what times, this is the only real dagger that penetrated the plot, and made it somewhat tiresome of listening to.

As stated above, the film portrays the aftermath and some prologues in the movie. By prologues, I mean the beginnings of their crime filled career as a "Reservoir Dog", and they came to be assigned to this mission. Without giving too much of the story away, there are only three prologues, yet they pertain to the three most important and interesting characters in the movie, those being: Mr. White, Mr. Blonde, and Mr. Orange. That's all that will be stated about the plot, but let it be noted that the prologues are, without a doubt, not only very interesting, but are also incredibly crucial to the plot that enhance the intensity of the plot and story.

In conclusion, while this isn't one of Tarantino's most remembered movies by the average viewer, "Reservoir Dogs" is a remarkably well-written film, filled to the brim with legendary actors. On a personal level, this is Tarantino's second best, only behind the masterpiece known as "Pulp Fiction", and that's saying something. 9/10
  25. PMG
    Jun 15, 2014
    I will say this movie is almost as good as Pulp Fiction! What caries the movie is the dialoge and it takes some serios talent to make really entertaining scenes where in there is very little action. Strong performences make this movie feel real and the torture scene if you ask me is among the greatest movie scenes of all time. When all is said and done this is my second favorite TarantinoI will say this movie is almost as good as Pulp Fiction! What caries the movie is the dialoge and it takes some serios talent to make really entertaining scenes where in there is very little action. Strong performences make this movie feel real and the torture scene if you ask me is among the greatest movie scenes of all time. When all is said and done this is my second favorite Tarantino movie and 6th favorite movie of all time. Well **** Expand
  26. Feb 1, 2014
    Amazing movie. One of Tarantinos best films. Fantastic acting, great directing, great cinematography. The use of one continuous shots are so well done. Wouldn't call it his best movie but it's definetly up there, just behind Pulp Fiction and Inglourious Basterds in my opinion.
  27. Mar 4, 2014
    After watching both of the kill bills and inglorious bastards, I knew I was absolutely I'm love with Tarantino's movies. They were brutal, serious, humerous, and amazingly brilliant. So when I started watching Reservoir Dogs, I expected something very over the top. I was very wrong. And I think that's why my initial impression was not entirely positive. But after rewatching it months laterAfter watching both of the kill bills and inglorious bastards, I knew I was absolutely I'm love with Tarantino's movies. They were brutal, serious, humerous, and amazingly brilliant. So when I started watching Reservoir Dogs, I expected something very over the top. I was very wrong. And I think that's why my initial impression was not entirely positive. But after rewatching it months later (after watching nearly all of his other movies), I realized how it's extremely thought out, entertaining narrative and magnificent acting created a masterpiece. I legitimately didn't stop smiling or cringing throughout the entire movie. The small talk between the homicidal men is underwhelming at first, but I soon came to appreciate it's slow but perfect pacing. If you like ANY of Tarantino's movies, or enjoy narrative driven films I'm general, this shouldn't be over looked. Expand
  28. chw
    Aug 16, 2014
    Reservoir Dogs was an awesome movie, although I should add there's more talking than action, so I wouldn't recommend it as an action movie, but I do recommend it as a movie to watch.

You may not like the terms Tarantino sets, but you have to admit he succeeds on them.
    The truth is that for all the controversy there really isn’t that much violence in Reservoir Dogs. The reason people were so affected was because the film shows you the true impact of its violence.
  3. Reviewed by: Richard Corliss
    Most of the movie is Actors Acting: gifted guys (Harvey Keitel, Tim Roth, Steve Buscemi, Chris Penn) running nattering riffs on familiar lout themes. [16 Nov 1992]