Reservoir Dogs

8.7

1. YouliJ.
    Jun 23, 2004
    Pointless violence from a high school drop out.
  2. SamS.
    Nov 29, 2009
    How does Joe's son die? No one shoots him.
  3. Jan 29, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It had no real point to it. Just another movie about a job gone wrong where everybody dies. The dialogue was one of the least impressive things about it... It was awkward and unconvincing, despite being acted by decent actors. I couldn't see the film as an unfolding story, I could only see it as Tarantino's writing. I think that seeing dudes screaming and covered in blood was supposed to cloud people's judgement with shock. The fact that the actors were good made everybody assume that the rest of the movie was good. I am an empathetic person who doesn't like violence, but even I couldn't see this as "brutal". All I saw were actors with red crap on them making hurting noises. I didn't buy it.

I loved Pulp Fiction, and I had high hopes for this movie, and I was very disapointed. Upon seeing the credits roll, I said one thing out loud:
    "That was retarded."

Maybe I'm not 'getting' the movie, maybe I need to see it again, but for the time being I'm giving it a thumbs down.
  4. Mar 8, 2016
    Not as good as Galaxy Quest

....................................................................................................................................................

You may not like the terms Tarantino sets, but you have to admit he succeeds on them.
    The truth is that for all the controversy there really isn’t that much violence in Reservoir Dogs. The reason people were so affected was because the film shows you the true impact of its violence.
  3. Time
    Reviewed by: Richard Corliss
    Most of the movie is Actors Acting: gifted guys (Harvey Keitel, Tim Roth, Steve Buscemi, Chris Penn) running nattering riffs on familiar lout themes. [16 Nov 1992]