Warner Bros. Pictures | Release Date: October 17, 1990
7.9
Generally favorable reviews based on 21 Ratings
Watch Now
HanselH.Mar 24, 2006
No. 9 on the all time metacritic list? No way. Not a bad movie. But highly overrated.
0 of 1 users found this helpful
BrendanH.Apr 7, 2006
I've watched RofV six times and I never get tired of it. Never get tired of Ron Silver's vastly underrated performance, Jeremy Irons' introverted despair, Glenn Close's intoxicating mix of rage and ennui. The film I've watched RofV six times and I never get tired of it. Never get tired of Ron Silver's vastly underrated performance, Jeremy Irons' introverted despair, Glenn Close's intoxicating mix of rage and ennui. The film confronts our assumptions of the "whodunnit" and turns them on their head. In RoV, as in life, we can't always come to definite conclusions to what happened, or why; whether a man is good, evil, or lives in some point in between. Doesn't deserve to be mentioned with "The Godfather", but I love this movie. I think I'll watch it another six times. Expand
0 of 0 users found this helpful
lasttimeisawJan 7, 2015
With its opening long shot panning above numerous estates in Rhode Island, REVERSAL OF FORTUNE inks a plaintive sentiment to this morally ambiguous true story, the case of socialite Sunny von Bülow (Close), who descends into an unexplainedWith its opening long shot panning above numerous estates in Rhode Island, REVERSAL OF FORTUNE inks a plaintive sentiment to this morally ambiguous true story, the case of socialite Sunny von Bülow (Close), who descends into an unexplained brain-dead coma in the 1980, and her current husband, Claus von Bülow (Irons) is charged with attempted murder by an overdose of insulin injection. Against all the odds to his trial, Claus hires Alan Dershowitz (Silver) as his defence and eventually gets away with the indictment while the truth remains a moot point. In real life Sunny died in 2008 after almost 28 years as a human vegetable and Alan would be involved as an appellate adviser in another notorious case of O.J. Simpson.
continue reading my review on my blog, google cinema omnivore, thanks.
EpicLadySpongeMar 21, 2016
Reversal of Fortune is finally enjoyable only on its own times. Don't forget to watch all the movies I'm giving 9's in as of this time because movies like this one cannot be missed.