Revolver

7.2

1. Jun 3, 2012
    It has taken me 3 years to pluck up the courage to watchthis movie. The reviews were awful at the time...but to my surprise...I actually really enjoyed it!! Ray Liotta's acting was awful(and whats with his plucked eyebrows?)...but Statham has never had this much character. I didnt fully understand the movie...but It says something that I had a great time watching it!!
  2. May 23, 2011
    Very disappointing film! I am a big fan of Guy Ritchie's early gangster flicks (Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels and Snatch), but this one lacks the wit and freshness of both the other two. Ritchie regular Jason Statham just seems like he is going through the motions of the same role he always plays, and Andre Benjamin has no screen presence at all. Ray Liotta is the best part of theVery disappointing film! I am a big fan of Guy Ritchie's early gangster flicks (Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels and Snatch), but this one lacks the wit and freshness of both the other two. Ritchie regular Jason Statham just seems like he is going through the motions of the same role he always plays, and Andre Benjamin has no screen presence at all. Ray Liotta is the best part of the movie as the over the top stressed out mob boss.

The twists and turns this film takes are very forced and by the end I really didn't care who did what and why! This film was made in 2005, barely released theatrically in America (if at all!), and then was released on DVD in America three years later in 2008 (maybe there is a reason why!).
  3. Apr 18, 2015
    I really think Guy Ritchie tried to show an anti-egocentric manifesto here, but he failed, people just can't get the real message because the story order it's too confusing and it seems like nothing makes sense
  4. Jun 28, 2016
    oha dont know what to say. the intention is great. a pretentious gangster- pulp with psychological deepness. sadly the deepest scene is the interview with several psychologists after the closing credits. No need to say that im no action orientated blockbuster- fan who stamps everything in the ground what could get arthouse. (generally i dont like movies who try to fullfill terms likeoha dont know what to say. the intention is great. a pretentious gangster- pulp with psychological deepness. sadly the deepest scene is the interview with several psychologists after the closing credits. No need to say that im no action orientated blockbuster- fan who stamps everything in the ground what could get arthouse. (generally i dont like movies who try to fullfill terms like blockbuster or arthouse), but this movie is really going too far in regards of intentional pretentiousness. i give it a 5 just for the courage to try something different from a hollywood regisseur. Expand

1. The film's pretentious style and fractured storytelling preclude any audience involvement in the coy melodrama.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    Guy Ritchie shoots a blank with Revolver, which replays the low-life criminal shtick from his first two features with an ill-advised overlay of pretension. The action, attitude and wise-guy talk all feel moldy this time around.
    It's no return to rock, this, but rather Ritchie's soporific, proggy-conceptual Film of Ideas, with Vivaldi interludes, fussbudget set design, recurrent references to chess, and a hit man inexplicably got up as Tati's Mr. Hulot.