7.2

1. Sep 16, 2013
    If you didn't like pitch black but liked chronicles of riddick, you might not be impressed by riddick.
    I loved the chronicles of riddick, all the unique races and cool set pieces.
    This movie seems like a rehashed pitch black, The whole movie felt like an anime filler where you know at the end nothing really matters. This whole movie dragged on while showed very few parts of him in
    I loved the chronicles of riddick, all the unique races and cool set pieces.
    This movie seems like a rehashed pitch black,
    This whole movie dragged on while showed very few parts of him in chronicles to explain that he gets betrayed "all in about 2 mins".
    I was really hoping for the chronicles side rather then pitch black side, and even then its not as good as pitch black.

Don't get me wrong its a good movie, its just not "chronicles good" its just a not as good pitch black.
  2. Sep 17, 2013
    Went to see this movie last night and came out with mixed feelings. The film splits into 2 sections; Rambo in space and a sort of antihero sided bounty hunt. There were aspects of the film that were enjoyable such as the colour palette, creatures and Riddicks' resourcefulness, but I just wish they could have found someone to look over the script who could write affecting dialogue as wasWent to see this movie last night and came out with mixed feelings. The film splits into 2 sections; Rambo in space and a sort of antihero sided bounty hunt. There were aspects of the film that were enjoyable such as the colour palette, creatures and Riddicks' resourcefulness, but I just wish they could have found someone to look over the script who could write affecting dialogue as was pretty simplistic which stopped any engagement with the supporting cast.

The other aspect that was disappointing was the pacing. The tempo in first section of the movie was slow but rewarding, but the section section was quite boring and unnecessary in places causing you to look around the theatre and disengage with the story.

I do not want to seem all down on this movie as it was brave, partially interesting and a different take on the action movie. The movie felt more independent than many Hollywood action movies I have seen but maybe lacked the pacing and payoffs we have all become used too.

I think this movie may benefit from a re-cut and if they were to do it again I would say speed up the survivor first half by 20%, cut out huge swathes of the repetitive second section and create a new jaw dropping ending.
  3. Sep 10, 2013
    In this 2rd sequel, Vin Diesel is alone on a barren planet. First, he fends off an assortment of lethal alien animals, then 2 teams of bounty hunters land to provide human foes. It's like a reverse slasher flick: you're rooting for this seemingly superhuman slasher to dispatch the others one by one. The quality varies widely: some of the visuals scream fake, others are cool. The dialogueIn this 2rd sequel, Vin Diesel is alone on a barren planet. First, he fends off an assortment of lethal alien animals, then 2 teams of bounty hunters land to provide human foes. It's like a reverse slasher flick: you're rooting for this seemingly superhuman slasher to dispatch the others one by one. The quality varies widely: some of the visuals scream fake, others are cool. The dialogue is leaden and dumb, esp. with Diesel's gravelly tone. The action is plentiful, but not often special.
    Fans of the genre (or the star) may find it enjoyable.
  4. Feb 4, 2014
    A major plot hole turned this from a 7 to a 4. It's not a terrible movie if you don't mind a bit of cliche'd writing and a plot hole here and there. Otherwise, I'd stay clear of this one.
  5. Oct 24, 2013
    Awful sequel of an equally awful trilogy. The first movie 'Pitch Black'' was a kind of horror/sci-fi film, that got mediocre critics-and I agree, because it's a waste of time!!!!! Don't EVER try to watch this awful, terrible-with a lot of blood and nudity-film!!! Go somewhere else!!!
  6. Sep 23, 2013
    I've seen the movie, and i think Riddick is trying to go back to the root, just like the pitch black. i love the concept, where Riddick abandoned and trying to survive. but the creatures... they are too easy to beat. kinda boring after we know that Riddick can beat them all. and the mercenaries, cmon... too much corny joke. from my opinion, the jokes kinda ruin the movie... but overall itsI've seen the movie, and i think Riddick is trying to go back to the root, just like the pitch black. i love the concept, where Riddick abandoned and trying to survive. but the creatures... they are too easy to beat. kinda boring after we know that Riddick can beat them all. and the mercenaries, cmon... too much corny joke. from my opinion, the jokes kinda ruin the movie... but overall its worth to watch Expand
  7. Oct 15, 2013
    I've watched this movie twice, Comes down to; could have been way better. Also way different, It was hysterically sad we called it pitch orange, or pitch black remake. Same names, all the difference is a dog
    they could probably make a Chronicles of dog, for the series, must have been small budget, along with bad script, 10 years in the making and they Chose to make Pitch Black again. Lol! wow they got me.
    Diesel Somebody boo him.
  8. Oct 20, 2013
    This is a Riddick movie. It's really hard to describe it past that except by saying it would be a better Alien Vs. Predator movie. It features Vin Diesel and is exactly what you expect in some ways and less so in others. If you see it just shut your brain off and have a good time. Even thinking about it won't bother you. There is a whole lot of silence when Riddick is just out doing hisThis is a Riddick movie. It's really hard to describe it past that except by saying it would be a better Alien Vs. Predator movie. It features Vin Diesel and is exactly what you expect in some ways and less so in others. If you see it just shut your brain off and have a good time. Even thinking about it won't bother you. There is a whole lot of silence when Riddick is just out doing his things but once more characters arrive there is some interesting dialogue. In general it is worth seeing but only really worth a rental unless you are a big Vin Diesel fan. Expand
  9. Dec 8, 2013
    A watchable movie, but far from being good. This movie brings the good background scenario of 'Pitch Black', and mixes it with a dose of anti-hero versus bounty hunters action and fails at combining them.

I like the main plot, its clever and could have worked well, it all makes sense, there's no big holes in it, considering of course that we are talking about a Riddick movie. But in the end, its only a good plot concept in the background composed of empty scenes that just lack in almost everything, dialogue, action, suspense, acting...

Plot 5
    Like I said before, a good solid concept that has everything to work, however, it fails on a scene by scene basis.

Cinematography 5
    Its hard to rate, it wasn't bad but it feels like it could be so much better.

Action 1
    Terrible even for Riddick standards, I wasn't expecting great action scenes but this is just too bad. In fact its like if this action scenes aren't even action scenes, Riddick comes out of an impossible nowhere all the time, just ridiculous and the bad guys look like they are hunting a deer, that's how careless and stupid they are. When fighting the predators its just a bunch of guns shooting and blades swinging, really really poor.

Scenario 9
    The planet where Riddick is left stranded looks stupendous, the colors, the landscape, stunning. The predators are well designed aswell.

Acting 3
    All actors failed to make me believe they were living that story. The characters they were supposed to be weren't also good which didn't help at all.

Special Effects 7
    Some details could be better.

A promising plot, poorly developed, in the end it feels like it could have been so much better, it's a shame really.
  10. Jan 15, 2014
    I wanted there to be more action in this movie. I like that there was survival in the movie. It has a good synopsis: a muscular most-wanted criminal is trapped on a desolate planet, and his only chance of escaping is survival. Riddick has to deal with swarms of violent creatures and bounty hunters.

The movie wasn't too long or too short, somewhere in the middle.
  11. Sep 11, 2013
    Riddick despite his B movie status is an iconic movie character and Vin Diesel is excellent as the titular hero but its a shame that director David Twohy decided to essentially remake Pitch Black for the third instalment of the semi popular franchise. The film follows what happens when Richard B Riddick (Diesel) is betrayed and left for dead on a planet filled with creatures trying to killRiddick despite his B movie status is an iconic movie character and Vin Diesel is excellent as the titular hero but its a shame that director David Twohy decided to essentially remake Pitch Black for the third instalment of the semi popular franchise. The film follows what happens when Richard B Riddick (Diesel) is betrayed and left for dead on a planet filled with creatures trying to kill him. He is forced to summon two ships of bounty hunters to the planet to find a way off world before a dangerous threat reaches him and the ships he has just called. While Pitch Black was more of an ensemble survival film, Riddick relies solely on the abilities of Diesel with a few fun side characters dotted about for good measure (a cameo by Karl Urban early in the film is a nice way of keeping the continuity of the disastrous Chronicles of Riddick.) For his part Diesel is excellent, an intense presence worthy of the character. The visuals are great for a film on a reduced budget and the world Riddick finds himself stranded on has much more personality than the one in Pitch Black. The film opens with a gripping 25 minutes of Riddick surviving and learning the rules of his new environment and while a man alone on a planet sounds boring, it is by far the best aspect of the film as it really gets to the core of the Riddick character as Diesel conveys so much of Riddick's thoughts through his facial expressions and actions. Light on dialogue and intense the first act is riveting stuff. Katee Sackhoff makes a welcome addition to the Riddick world as mercenary Dahl and Matt Gable shows up with an interesting link to Riddick's past that makes for an interesting new dynamic to a seemingly predictable affair. The ending while generic is exceptionally well realised and directed by Twohy with some beautiful shots depicting the desperate situation Riddick and the surviving mercenaries find themselves in. It's actually rather moving up until an obvious plot twist ruins it all. The film does have some clunky writing and some poor performances but Twohy is smart enough to kill them off early to avoid embarrassment. Ultimately its a nice return to this universe after the calamity that was the Chronicles of Riddick and if Twohy manages to maintain the enjoyable B movie cheese I will continue to watch this hit and miss series. Expand
  12. Oct 15, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. With the dramatic and somewhat confusing transformation into a messy and ridiculous Space-Epic with The Chronicles of Riddick following the release of the of the downscale low budget(by comparison) Pitch Black the Riddick franchise has been an odd one at best leaving many feeling confused. It would seem that, following the relatively positive reception of the first movie, the creators got the idea that the audience was hooked solely on the exploits of the character Riddick as opposed to the frightening scenarios and interesting setting that the movie provided and so the idea that they could spawn a massive space epic centered around that one character spawned and it was an idea that didn't do them any favors. The sequel flopped and Vin Diesel, who played the brutal yet now somewhat uninteresting hero, moved on to other projects.

Riddick sees the return of director David Twohy and Diesel himself in an attempt to take the series back to its more humble roots with a much lower budget to bring us the more downscale set pieces and a smaller cast, something which carries over from Pitch Black, as though this will repair the mistakes made by Chronicles on its own. Sadly it doesn't, while the movie is a significant improvement over one of its predecessors it proves to be the more mediocre one of the three with acting that is somewhat questionable at times and a script that leaves something to be desired with an array of bland lines that lack impact and feel flat(If you've seen the trailers you've already heard Jordi Miller's "I've come to collect your head in a box!" and already sort of know what I'm on about) and characters that are stereotyped and are left unexplored.

The movie does show some promise and times however and provide some entertainment with the first act focusing on Riddick surviving in the wilds of this new planet after being left for dead by the Necromongers that were introduced in the first movie. Riddick fashions spears, finds shelter and adopts a space-wolf in scenes that are entertaining and visually interesting, with some very attractive settings and creature designs. Then comes the second act in which Riddick faces off against two seperate groups of mercenaries. This act is much less interesting with generic and cheap looking action scenes that even the mildly humorous bounty hunter dialogue can't save. In the third and final act the film unashamedly tries to retread the steps of the original by introducing fearsome creatures that only come out when it's raining, a concept which seems to have been directly copied from the original Pitch Black script with only slight changes made.

All of this is concluded in a finale that seems sudden and abrupt and incredibly anticlimactic. That's not to say that the movie was building itself up for an explosive climax however; in fact the movie fails to increase tension entirely with only a little of the unpredictability of the first movie to help it along in the form of a single plot twist and one or two unexpected deaths.

The movie, as said before, is significantly better than Chronicles but despite its best attempts doesn't quite manage to be as interesting or entertaining as the original and it's evident that the Riddick, the title character himself, has become rather dull and uninteresting which is a shame after the debut which painted him as a true unpredictable killer of an antihero.

The movie is entertaining however and while it might not be worth a cinema trip or a DVD purchase it's certainly worth a rental if only to see that the it is possible to revive a franchise after such a major flop.
  13. Sep 8, 2013
    Riddick is a good film for action, sci-fi and weapons but the story is just too silly and with way too many plot holes and errors that just didn't make sense to me combine that with the inconsistency of the plot and you just get a crummy result. Overall, you would watch it for all the fun violence and gore but don't expect too much from it.
  14. Sep 19, 2013
    Just when I thought that Man or Steel had disappointed me, Riddick delivered a new level of disappointment.
    My first yawn was in the first 10 minutes of the movie and after that things were getting better though I was still yawning.
    Please believe me when I say that I really want to like this movie since I like the previous two movies. But I just can't. Everything seems wrong:: the
    But I just can't. Everything seems wrong:: the effects, the plots, the characters and God-knows-what-else.

Don't waste your time watching it. Just 're-watch the first two movies and you'll be safe.
  15. Sep 20, 2013
    Third installment of Riddick is obviously inferior to previous. It has a good start, but than it became lackluster, unambitious fiction story with predictable ending! It slightly above average
  16. Sep 9, 2013
    Meh! Looks like a boring remake of the very good 'Pitch Black'. The story is quite boring, characters are both flat and idiotic. Not to forget is the toal lack of a true ending (what is presented in the first scenes is never resolved in the story)
  17. Sep 12, 2013
    When I heard that Vin Diesel funded the whole film with his own money, I felt that he was the only one wanting to continue the Chronicles of Riddick. The newest film out of the trio features Richard B. Riddick, who we follow as he is being hunted by the "dead Riddick" team.

The movie took so many different turns that I wasn't quite sure what genre film it was. From thriller, to drama, to science fiction, Riddick definitely appealed to a large audience, especially with its PG-13 rating. With so much potential in the film, it seemed to me that director David Twohy did the least of his directing abilities to quickly make a "sloppy" film. He made it in such a way that it was part of the series, but it easily could've been a standalone film.

The first half of the movie was completely useless and left me bored stiff. There’s a presentation etiquette skill saying to always start with something engaging to put the viewers in the right mood. Riddick did the absolute opposite. After a good 40 minutes of basically no one saying a word on the screen, I was about ready to feel I wasted both my time and money, when the film suddenly picked up. I recognized that all of the little sea monster critters seemed like a bad rip off of the sea monsters in Prometheus.

A lot of the movie was quite predictable, especially when Riddick would be hiding somewhere. It was easy to know that he was somewhere in the scene, and the camera would pan to a corner where he would be, which bugged the crap out of me. A lot of other film critics tended to disagree with me on my harsh comments, saying "how good it was," but it really did nothing for me.
    The last 35 minutes or so were entertaining, and I thought that overall Vin Diesel did a good job in the main role. There was one scene that impressed me, when Riddick was chained and flipped a knife in the air, kicked it, and cut a man’s head off. That was probably the only thing that was original for me.

Whatever, I won't remember the movie in a week, but that head scene will be what is shared with some friends tomorrow. I think that if you’re a fan of the other two (painful to watch) films in the series, definitely go see Riddick to get your full fill of Vin Diesel's movie (in IMAX 3D). Other than that, I was truly disappointed with the film, and for sure won't be recommending it. But still, that head scene was cool!
  18. Jan 5, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Love the character Riddick but sadly I dont think this film done justice. The start of the movie looked hopeful with being on some deserted world hoping to be in search of fuyron, where he is from but just ended up being a hunt for Riddick and monsters.. Nothing new at all... And really I didn't think it was that great either.

I hope they expand on the story of him finding his home world fuyra with Falco because that is where I think the story should have gone. They could really make an epic epic movie with this character but their not. This character could have been so much. Lets see what happens..
  19. Sep 6, 2013
    It's a movie that takes a while to get it into gear. I mean it literally feels like 3 separate movies in one. But it definitely goes back to that "Pitch Black" vibe. While it's not the best movie ever. It's entertaining to check out.
  20. Sep 8, 2013
    Riddick is all right. It boasts what is probably the worst AAA hollywood script of 2013, and all the acting except Vin Diesel is really weak. It's moderately entertaining but overall really isn't worth the money.. even remotely. Wait for the good movies coming out over the next 8 weeks.
  21. Sep 8, 2013
    Are people really ignoring the horendous acting and dialogue? Come on this movie has some of the worst acting I've seen since birdemic or the room. The CGI looks like something out of the early 2000s, the plot was telagraphed and it felt like it was made just because Diesel needed another paycheck
  22. Sep 7, 2013
    The film was mediocre at most points, it can be best described as a less entertaining version of Pitch Black, how ever since Pitch Black was enjoyable this film has its good points with some moments of action. However the story was shallow and predictable, with a disappointing ending.
    In all the film try to recreate what was good about the first, but fell short of that.
  23. Sep 23, 2013
    I liked this movie just enough to recommend it. It loses some points for originality as it was essentially the same movie as Pitch Black. Also, some of the special effects were not quite up to par, especially the pet dog, which sometimes didn't have natural looking movements. There is also some hokey sounding dialogue throughout and some acting that isn't up to par. Still, the movieI liked this movie just enough to recommend it. It loses some points for originality as it was essentially the same movie as Pitch Black. Also, some of the special effects were not quite up to par, especially the pet dog, which sometimes didn't have natural looking movements. There is also some hokey sounding dialogue throughout and some acting that isn't up to par. Still, the movie was never boring for me and always enjoy Vin Diesel as Riddick. Expand
  24. Feb 2, 2014
    Its not a bad movie, But its missing that epic, huge Hollywood touch. Watching the movie, I felt it was on a limited budget. The story is silly, the writing is bad as well. Its watchable on Netflix.
  25. Oct 10, 2013
    Not that great but not bad either... I rented all the Riddick Movies before I went to this one so I would have a foundation and not be lost or confused about the story or who the character is. I found the movie interesting but not riveting. At least It held my attention through the entire movie.
  26. Sep 24, 2013
    Initially I wanted to write this off. I wasn't a huge fan of Pitch Black (PB) and Chronicles of Riddick (CoR) but I wanted to like this film. But then I heard from people that have already seen this and seemed to love it. But I didn't want to be swayed by popular opinion and thought I'd see it for myself. I had no expectations when entering the cinema.

As the credit began I came to the

As the credit began I came to the conclusion this is not as good as PB and better than CoR. The first act was the best of the whole film where we see Riddick surviving and thriving. Along with back story on how he got there. Comparing this to the second and third act I wanted more of act one. The reason is as the film progress is becomes less enjoyable because the mercenaries were just not believable and their dialogue was poor. Also the way these mercs go about their business is just laughable, like children being given guns and told to go play.

The serious tone of this film present until the mercs arrive is completely undone by not just their antics, but how Riddick goes about his. I won't spoil anything but the method he goes about his business doesn't make sense. You'll know what I mean as the film enters it's third act.

I really didn't care about any of the characters either. Not one of them is worth it and seeing them die evokes no response. They are all just cannon fodder after all.

No spoilers but the ending is a let down and bad.

It passes as enjoyable and entertaining
  27. Mar 21, 2014
    This movie was a bit all over the place. Riddick's remembrance of the "other" chronicles was a bit too unconnected for me to care about. Then there was that guy's father, I mean, who was that guy? That was like 4 movies ago.Also, the action was too predictable and needlessly violent to be good. The cgi animals were somewhat better then in other movies but still unrealistic. Those "wild"This movie was a bit all over the place. Riddick's remembrance of the "other" chronicles was a bit too unconnected for me to care about. Then there was that guy's father, I mean, who was that guy? That was like 4 movies ago.Also, the action was too predictable and needlessly violent to be good. The cgi animals were somewhat better then in other movies but still unrealistic. Those "wild" dogs just stare at predators and get eaten, evolution must be very unusual there. Also, what did they eat, exactly? In conclusion "Riddick" is to Pitch black (or the chronicles, take your pick) what Terminator:Salvation is to Terminator. Expand
  28. May 25, 2014
    Riddick is a decent film sure it may be great but it sure is a hell of a lot better then The Chronicles of Riddick that movie was crap. It had a different feel then the all other action movies that came out this year I guess that's why I don't hate on it has much as others.

Riddick stranded and left for dead after being tricked by Vaako (karl Urban) he finds himself fighting for his life on planet and that has little to no plant life and everthing is a predator. Finding a outpost he sends out a signal letting mercenaries/bounty hunters know he is on the plant knowing he has a bounty on his head.

In one night he kills three people forcing the two teams to group together to kill try to him. Giving them the option to give him a one ship and live before the storm that's on the horizon hits the outpost. Of course they dont listen and they knock him out and tie him up the storm hits and loads alien monsters come out from beneath the ground and are headed to attack the outpost so they let Riddick out as he is really the only one that knows what to do. This is baiscly when it become pitch black with them just trying to survive the rainy night.

Overall I give it a 6.0 the deaths in the movie were brutal, the creatures looked great, the planet scenery was awesome but the space cgi was horrible Firefly back in 2002 looked better then this seriouly though it looked liked bad 90's space movie cgi.
  29. Sep 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The bleak yellow panorama of an arid alien landscape heralds the opening of Riddick, narration courtesy of Vin Diesel’s resonating baritone, a rumble so deep that at times, you can barely understand what he’s saying. A hand protrudes from rubble, drawing the curiosity of a circling vulture, dramatically strangled as Diesel punches through the surface to begin his latest outing as the space faring mercenary known as Riddick.

This is the third reunion of producer/star Vin Diesel and writer/director David Twohy. Diesel’s clearly a sucker for his sci-fi and fantasy: aside from writing the foreword to Dungeons & Dragons retrospectives, one of the reasons he agrees to keep making new instalments for the Fast & Furious franchise is for the rights to keep making Riddick films. Twohy meanwhile spends years at a time honing the script, with all the overblown action lingo he can muster.

Looking briefly into the other films in the series, I have learned that this third instalment is something of a return to the series’ roots, after the higher budget blockbuster The Chronicles of Riddick (2004) which did more to expand on the universe’s mythology. Riddick is more monster movie than space opera.

The first act is a survivalist story, which sees Riddick navigating the harsh alien terrain. It’s an engrossing, character based introduction featuring little dialogue aside from Diesel’s continuing snippets of narration. Flashbacks reveal that Riddick was recently the Lord of a dark and violent alien race, but was deceived and marooned on the planet where the action takes place. The gig obviously did not suit his loner survivalist personality.

The locations are stylistically impressive. Far from claustrophobic, the wide other worldly vistas, every frame passed through an extremely yellow filter, emphasise the isolation of a single man, alone on a planet. It’s not clear how long Riddick spends struggling against the elements, but he manages to entomb himself within the ruins of an ancient civilisation to heal his injuries, develop an immunity to the poison of a vicious mud monster, and raise a canine companion, an alien jackal native to the planet, from a pup.

But from across the savannah, brewing in the ever approaching rain, comes the threat of a whole swarm of these mud monsters, prompting Riddick to call an end to his solitude. He activates a distress beacon, drawing two teams of mercenaries hungry for the huge bounty on his head.

The first are a rag tag band of piratical thugs led by the unhinged Santana (Jordi Molla, who plays well). They are soon joined by a second, more professionally organised team, who Santana resents for muscling in on his catch. The latecomers are helmed by a man named Johns (Matthew Nable). Johns has deeper reasons for being here that tie in to other films in the series. He and Santana are at loggerheads for much of the film, leading to some entertaining conflict. Their differences, naturally, become their undoing.

Until now, we have seen little other than Riddick, but the man of the hour takes a step back and becomes a creature in the shadows. The narrative moves to follow the mercenaries as they try to root Riddick out, but are toyed with and picked off in the process. His natural abilities and time on the planet enable Riddick to run rings around the pursuers, leaving cryptic messages in blood around the mercenary station where they are based. By the third act, the common foe (the aforementioned monster horde) forces the two sides together, revealing who is the most ruthless and desperate.

It is a testament to the versatility of the Riddick character that he can play lone protagonist, mysterious enemy and eventual saviour over the course of a single picture, elevating him above a mere muscle-bound one-liner spewing action hero. Most other ‘characters’ fall into simple archetypes and exist only as fodder for either Riddick or the monsters, and are swiftly dispatched. The monsters fall prey to classic movie conservation rules: one on its own is deadly, but by the time the swarm comes, they are frequently dispatched, left, right and centre, with relative ease.

Going to see a third Riddick film is essentially the sci-fi equivalent of going to see the latest Transporter, Die Hard, or indeed Fast & Furious. It’s pure cheesy action, full of violence, monsters and one-liners. There’s plenty of machismo, from the mercenaries, certainly (Dahl included) but especially from Riddick himself, who sets his own broken limbs and cauterises egregious wounds whilst fighting off hordes of alien beasts with an improvised jawbone machete.

It’s an easy entrance for newcomers, so casual viewers won’t be disappointed, but fans of the series and mythology may regret the lack of any development to the overarching chronicle, as Riddick does little to advance this. It exists entirely to indulge in the character, throwing him an outlandish situation, and a couple of hours of screen time.
  30. Nov 13, 2014
    "Riddick" 10 Scale Rating: 6.0 (Decent) ...

The Good: You can tell that Vin Diesel enjoys playing Riddick and it was good to see him get back to the brutal savagery that defines the anti-hero. The backdrops and landscapes were well done, despite the lower budget. A handful of great action sequences and plenty of fantastic dialogue for the title character. The Bad: The creatures and
    "Riddick" 10 Scale Rating: 6.0 (Decent) ...

The Bad: The creatures and other wildlife on the planet were poorly done and looked like cartoons. Some of the action sequences were awful and while I can suspend belief to a point, some of the more impossible scenes were too much. Katee Sackhoff was disappointing and her character was more annoying than anything. The sexual tension between her and Riddick was also extremely forced.

1. Reviewed by: Kyle Smith
    Sep 30, 2013
    The movie jogs along nicely without ever getting a case of the stupids; far from being a bloated “John Carter,” it’s just a pared-down yarn of survival: “Die Hard” on a planet.
  2. Reviewed by: Anthony Lane
    Sep 16, 2013
    And that's it, really: two hours of loneliness, interleaved with havoc. The dialogue has been distilled to expletives and grunts. [16 Sept. 2013, p.74]
  3. Reviewed by: Ty Burr
    Sep 9, 2013
    This is back-to-basics stuff, which turns out to be not such a bad idea.