Riddick

7.1

1. Sep 6, 2013
    dont believe the critics. They are wrong as often. If u liked part 1 an 2 u will love part 3. Not an academy award candidate but a typical vin diesel riddick and highly entertaining. I luved the movie. go and watch it!
  2. Feb 14, 2014
    It's not always the smartest, there are a lot of eye rolling cheesy moments and dialog, but it's still a very fun and action packed sci-fi movie. Diesel nails it as the cocky bad-a*s Riddick, and the rest of the cast is also entertaining. Considering all the crap that sci-fi movies have been lately, it's nice to see one that is just a lot of fun. I can't compare it to the originals, but IIt's not always the smartest, there are a lot of eye rolling cheesy moments and dialog, but it's still a very fun and action packed sci-fi movie. Diesel nails it as the cocky bad-a*s Riddick, and the rest of the cast is also entertaining. Considering all the crap that sci-fi movies have been lately, it's nice to see one that is just a lot of fun. I can't compare it to the originals, but I can say this latest "Riddick" movie was a lot of fun, at least in my opinion. So go ahead and give it a shot. I think you'll find it worth your time. Expand
  3. Jan 1, 2014
    Don't understand the people or critics who blasted this movie. I've watched and loved pitch black and Chronicles of Riddick and Dark Athena, and to tell you the truth something was telling me that this movie was going to suck, and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised.

The movie is definitely great, Vin Diesel does an as usual excellent job of portraying the silent gritty killer Riddick, the movie has a lot of action, is "believable" (in the context of the movie universe) and has good supporting roles by actors that are relatively uknown (except for the lady that plays starbuck on Battlestar Galactica and the guy who did Dredd, he's "Commander Vako" in the movie.

I particularly liked the "new kid" bounty hunter actor (sry don't know his name) and as usual the guy who did Commander Vako does a great job. The lady bounty hunter (Starbuck from BSG) really did a great job too, she really sold me on being a female bounty hunter in the universe of Riddick, and she delivered on just the right amount of humor and sexiness without making her entire part about being hot like some actresses in other movies do.

Everyone did a good job in the movie, the special effects were really nice, even though sometimes they could have been a "little" bit better, and all in all the Riddick storyline was moved along nicely even though there wasn't as much about Furya or what happens with the Necromonger fleet as I would have hoped for, but to be honest, the movie would have been "too busy" if they touched on all that, and the director has already stated that the next two movies in the series (and the last) will be focused on these plot lines to finish out the story of Riddick's character.

All in all, it was a great movie, and a REALLY great sci fi movie, in a market where getting a good sci movie is really really rare. I gave this movie a 10 here because I saw some really ignorant and biased negative reviews. I think this movie deserves at solid objective 8/10 and me as a Riddick fan I would give it a 9/10.
  4. Mar 31, 2014
    The Chronicles of Riddick was terrible, but this third installment breathes life back into everyone's favorite antihero. They do a good job of tying up the necromonger stupidity at the beginning, so it's out of the way, and to me, that's a very good thing. This is very much a back to the roots movie. Riddick is in his full element, on a hostile world where he defeats nasty monsters andThe Chronicles of Riddick was terrible, but this third installment breathes life back into everyone's favorite antihero. They do a good job of tying up the necromonger stupidity at the beginning, so it's out of the way, and to me, that's a very good thing. This is very much a back to the roots movie. Riddick is in his full element, on a hostile world where he defeats nasty monsters and makes his oppressors look like fools. But this movie even has more than one would expect of it. There's a happy ending :D It was excellent. It was full of macho stereotypes, but that's why one watches a Riddick movie. Richard B Riddick, escaped convict, murderer! ^_^ "

I found it more entertaining than most action flicks you put on. It's great to see Vin Diesel reprising his best character. Also, the dog was just an incredible idea and he really complemented Riddick's animal side. I wish we could have seen more of the intrepid zebra pooch.
  5. Sep 6, 2013
    Wow, what a well crafted movie. My only critique is that I was hoping for an even more dramatic ending. If you liked Pitch Black but not Chronicles of Riddick, this is more like a direct sequel to the first movie, but don't worry, they acknowledge the continuity from Chronicles of Riddick very well. Karl Urban! Anyway, it was really good, not for younglings though. Good sci-fi. DieselWow, what a well crafted movie. My only critique is that I was hoping for an even more dramatic ending. If you liked Pitch Black but not Chronicles of Riddick, this is more like a direct sequel to the first movie, but don't worry, they acknowledge the continuity from Chronicles of Riddick very well. Karl Urban! Anyway, it was really good, not for younglings though. Good sci-fi. Diesel and his crew are clearly a devoted fan to Riddick and the genre. Expand
  6. Sep 6, 2013
    Great movie and don't mind what the critics say. They movie was a hardcore Sci-fi and action movie and the aliens in it were amazing. The planet they set it on was amazing looking and the story was even better.
  7. Sep 6, 2013
    Worse than I expected this movie is still awesome. I waited long time for it since Chronicles of Riddic. Chronicles was 10 from 10 to me, this movie is little not what I expected. Still, its full of action, full of space travels, full of baldness of Vin Diesel
  8. Sep 6, 2013
    I loved it. The CGI was purposeful and well executed (watched it at IMAX) and supported the storyline (really felt an emotional response towards all the creatures that Riddick meets).
    Vin Diesel put in a good performance, as did the rest of the crew (Katee Sackhoff kicks ass), and I loved the small plot twists that bring back the best Riddick moments but also expand the character with subtle emotional outbursts.
    One thing that really surprised me was how funny some scenes where while still keeping the characters and interactions plausible (I laughed out for those scenes, while being on the edge of my seat for most of the movie).
    Some scenes felt slightly too long, but the plot and interactions made common sense from start to finish.
    Hope it does well in cinemas and Vin Diesel is up for a sequel!
  9. Sep 7, 2013
    The critics are soooo wrong on this one it makes me laugh. This was better than Pitch Black, Chronicles of Riddick, and just about any other movie Vin Diesel has made. Of all the summer blockbuster letdowns this was the only thing to deliver and I wasn't even expecting it to. This was hands down the best movie of 2013 so far.
  10. Sep 8, 2013
    Please ignore the critics, because they have lost their minds and are just out to ruin movies as of late.

If you watched and liked Pitch Black and The Chronicles of Riddick then you will love this movie! Feels like they took the best of the two prior movies and melded it together. Had the sci-fi horror and the combat style from the second. I wish they did a little more for the

I wish they did a little more for the ending, but it left a great opening for the next Riddick movie to go anywhere they want plot wise.

I took my wife and a few of her friends to see the movie that normally don't like sci-fi movies and they really enjoyed it so do yourself a favor and go see it.
  11. Sep 9, 2013
    Awesome fun. If you like your comic book sci-fi and loved the original Riddick films, this won't disappoint. A worthy addition to the Riddick universe. I only wished it was longer. Hopefully the directors cut will add an extra scene or two. On the topic of the poor critical reception: it's a shame that critics don't know the market they are supposed to be critiquing for. Thankfully most ofAwesome fun. If you like your comic book sci-fi and loved the original Riddick films, this won't disappoint. A worthy addition to the Riddick universe. I only wished it was longer. Hopefully the directors cut will add an extra scene or two. On the topic of the poor critical reception: it's a shame that critics don't know the market they are supposed to be critiquing for. Thankfully most of us stopped paying attention to their pretentious bullsh1t ages ago. Expand
  12. Sep 14, 2013
    It's decent. Some of the ya right plot decisions were a little strange. I actually said "Yea Right!" out loud when the only lady on the planet decided to take a shower in the middle of an active mission involving her team. That of course caused a few shhh's from the people around me in the theater. Actually though overall it has the good vibe of the first Pitch Black and left behind theIt's decent. Some of the ya right plot decisions were a little strange. I actually said "Yea Right!" out loud when the only lady on the planet decided to take a shower in the middle of an active mission involving her team. That of course caused a few shhh's from the people around me in the theater. Actually though overall it has the good vibe of the first Pitch Black and left behind the convoluted mess that was Chronicles. For that alone I give it a go and hope for more squeals. Expand
  13. Sep 8, 2013
    Understanding what had to happen for this movie to come to be I am very happy. Vin placed his very home on the line to help fund the movie (why it may have not be as big and going to as many different locations as past movies). The fact that studios did not want to make another movie. However, the team pulled it off- its fun, action pack not to over the top and a little bit differentUnderstanding what had to happen for this movie to come to be I am very happy. Vin placed his very home on the line to help fund the movie (why it may have not be as big and going to as many different locations as past movies). The fact that studios did not want to make another movie. However, the team pulled it off- its fun, action pack not to over the top and a little bit different feel as well. I hope I will be able to see the final two movies they have plan to finish up the tale. Expand
  14. Sep 6, 2013
    I saw this at the 8pm Premiere in RPX Regal Theaters. Firs toff, the uptight, liberal and politically correct critics are very wrong about this movie. He plays Riddick as Riddick has always been and it shows how wimpy a socidety we have become for this to "offend" so many delicate sensibilities. You can't go to a Riddick movie and fairly judge it if you are a "The Notebook," type ofI saw this at the 8pm Premiere in RPX Regal Theaters. Firs toff, the uptight, liberal and politically correct critics are very wrong about this movie. He plays Riddick as Riddick has always been and it shows how wimpy a socidety we have become for this to "offend" so many delicate sensibilities. You can't go to a Riddick movie and fairly judge it if you are a "The Notebook," type of person.

This is hardcore SCIFI(thankfully as it has been too long since we have had one), it is Adventure, Action, and even has a bit of comedy. I give it a 10 to offset the pathetic people slamming it because it has too much "machismo."

Put simply, if you enjoyed Pitch Black(especially) as this is more like that) and like the Riddick character, then do yourself a favor and go watch this! If you don't like exciting scenes with monsters, gratuitous violence, men acting like men(hey they even had PC scenes for the feminist crowd- a woman beats a guy down improbably several times, but he really deserved it.

So it is simply, if you like Pitch black, if you like horror, thrillers, scifi, and action then do yourself a favor and go see this. Don't listen to biased critics whose own reviews impeach themselves as being against this movie before they saw it.

I would give this an 8.5 btw and Pitch Black a 9.5 were it not for the horrible and FALSE reviews, so I gave it a 1.05+ to tr and even out these BS reviews.

Thanks to Metacritic though for allowing people to speak out when the critics unfairly target their hated genres/actors, or whatever political beliefs they have that remove all impartiality from their reviews and make it about feminism and such.

To me, this wasn't as good as Pitch Black, but it was GOOD. Remember this too, Vin put his own money on the line because he wanted his fans to have this movie.

A tip: this isn't a spoiler, but hopefully will save you some time: there is nothing after the credits so don't feel stupid like I did and sit there until the credits end. :)

SCIFI IS BACK BABY!!
  15. Sep 6, 2013
    Despite some underwhelming adherences to stock sci-fi stories and characters, as well as moments of eye-rolling dialogue and a few indulgent character beats, Riddick offers a solid action-horror experience. A more experienced performance from Vin Diesel helps transition Riddick from an over-the-top action hero into a fully realized character that is actually capable of sustaining a qualityDespite some underwhelming adherences to stock sci-fi stories and characters, as well as moments of eye-rolling dialogue and a few indulgent character beats, Riddick offers a solid action-horror experience. A more experienced performance from Vin Diesel helps transition Riddick from an over-the-top action hero into a fully realized character that is actually capable of sustaining a quality film franchise. While longtime fans will surely enjoy seeing Riddick back on the big screen, the latest series installment should have no problem drawing in non-fans too not to mention set the stage for further chronicles of Richard B. Riddick Expand
  16. Sep 7, 2013
    Thanks bin for making this movie! I thought it was awesome I love the screen time between jordi molla and sackoff molla was actually very funny!!! Minor spoiler: Some of his dialogue was awesome!!! I love the storyline how riddick has to find his animal side again because he got soft!!! The beginning was awesome I loved the whole movie!!! I hope it succeeds so vin can make many more ofThanks bin for making this movie! I thought it was awesome I love the screen time between jordi molla and sackoff molla was actually very funny!!! Minor spoiler: Some of his dialogue was awesome!!! I love the storyline how riddick has to find his animal side again because he got soft!!! The beginning was awesome I loved the whole movie!!! I hope it succeeds so vin can make many more of these. Thanks again vin for listening to the fans and being one of the best actors in Hollywood!!! I hope for many many more of these awesome awesome flicks!!! OMG the rated r rating was also awesome!!!! The gore was fantastic!!!!! Loved it!!! Collapse
  17. Sep 6, 2013
    A thrill ride from the start, that just doesn't quit. Looking for an entertaining time? You'll find it here with the third installment in the Riddick franchise. Vin Diesel is truly at his best as Riddick, and both him & Director David Twohy deliver the thrills and excitement of a kick ass rock concert from beginning to end. After waiting 9 long years now, It's really good to have you back,A thrill ride from the start, that just doesn't quit. Looking for an entertaining time? You'll find it here with the third installment in the Riddick franchise. Vin Diesel is truly at his best as Riddick, and both him & Director David Twohy deliver the thrills and excitement of a kick ass rock concert from beginning to end. After waiting 9 long years now, It's really good to have you back, Riddick. Let's just hope the next installment of the franchise will be a little closer to us than 9 years from now. A LOT closer. Expand
  18. Sep 8, 2013
    Ignore the mainstream media reviews on this one. They are idiots to rate this so low. This goes along with Man of Steel as one of the year's best films. Entertaining throughout.
  19. Sep 7, 2013
    What can I say? If you like Riddick, you'll love this movie. Faithful to the character and the universe created by Vin Diesel and David Twohy with a great cast all around. Good work, guys!
  20. Sep 6, 2013
    Caution, if you don't like action, sci fi or any of the other Riddick movies, then your not going to like this. If you did, then this is a great follow up. Good pacing, good action, more then just the previews and good acting. Also, it was funny at times. Which was a pleasant surprise.
  21. Sep 11, 2013
    In a throwback to Pitch Black lore, Riddick regains some of its sci-fi tension and although is not as incredibly colossal as some action movie recently, it's a decent action thrill with proven traditional approach. Once again Riddick finds himself in a strange realm chased by hunters, both humans and beasts. The premise is set so similarly after Pitch Black, down to some of itsIn a throwback to Pitch Black lore, Riddick regains some of its sci-fi tension and although is not as incredibly colossal as some action movie recently, it's a decent action thrill with proven traditional approach. Once again Riddick finds himself in a strange realm chased by hunters, both humans and beasts. The premise is set so similarly after Pitch Black, down to some of its stereotypical characters, I couldn't help the surging feel of deja vu as I watched it. The simpler theme, for most and better part, works well for dark action Riddick is known for.

Vin Diesel returns to his old fugitive character after a while, it's a good direction not to portray Riddick as constantly overwhelmingly hero. He's vulnerable at some points and relies on his predatory stealth skill instead of sheer brute force. The highlights of the movie is when he tinkers with the mercenaries and outwits them with trickery. He is presentable as hazard to other human beings and built like the part as well. However, the acting might stumble a bit as Riddick barely registers emotion aside from taunting grin or low pitch grunt.

As for the incoming threat of monsters, it may be hit-and-miss. These creatures don't have the presence of the old photophobia beasts from Pitch Black, and appearance-wise a bit too generic. CG for them is acceptable, especially for the space dog for Riddick's companion. Action goes smoothly even if there are segments that look awkward. The use of lightning and color dye fit the atmosphere of dry hostile planet, scenes in the dark are meticulously done as they are still coherent and focused. I personally dislike the habit it does with shining the flashlight straight into the audience though.

Cast is wildly brash. Most of these characters might be offensive or irritating, as the mercenaries are supposed to, but the script doesn't really help adding personality into them. Everyone is one dimensional as they come, from the erratic merc leader, the more sophisticated merc leader, the usual henchmen merc and one sexy merc. If you have seen the trailer, these people will act as expected as that thirty second shows. For depth and characters, I'd say the original Pitch Black has more likeable ones, at the very least more tolerable.

Riddick is old school sci-fi action, it doesn't use flamboyant CG and rightly so, since the appeal is the larger than live legend Riddick has. The ending might slightly underwhelming and it is placed in more niche category compared to the recent Pacific Rim or Star Trek, nevertheless it's still an enjoyable foray to the dark realm which its claims victim one at a time.
  22. Sep 13, 2013
    Riddick was a good movie and an interesting installment to the "franchise". I put quotes around it because these movies haven't really connected all that well. In fact, they've almost been more of stand alone films than anything. Vin Diesel was a B.A. as usual and the rest of the cast was solid. The overall feel of the movie didn't quite meet that Pitch Black vibe that was so special butRiddick was a good movie and an interesting installment to the "franchise". I put quotes around it because these movies haven't really connected all that well. In fact, they've almost been more of stand alone films than anything. Vin Diesel was a B.A. as usual and the rest of the cast was solid. The overall feel of the movie didn't quite meet that Pitch Black vibe that was so special but it didn't feel like a Star Wars movie like Chronicles did. There's not much else to say other than it was just a good movie that doesn't quite reach that epic feel. There's that same situational dialogue humor that has been in both of the prior films and some really cool fight scenes. The entertainment value is pretty high but it doesn't feel like much progress was made towards any real story arc, which is probably it's biggest fall back for me. Expand
  23. Sep 12, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie was not at all wat I expected. The first part is very slow, with silly moments between Riddick and his new puppy, that remind me more "The Pacifier" movie than The chronicles of Riddick or Pitch Black. The character in the first part of the movie has lost almost completely his sharpness, his "badassness". He has been depicted as a weak man lost in an unfriendly planet, and it is not clear where the story is heading to. The second part of the movie saves it all, with more action and finally with almost the same charismatic character we are used to know and the story takes finally off. I give this movie a 7 because the second half of the movie is really good and unveils all the smoky reasons for which this time Riddick has been hunted by one of the bounty hunters, but more than a full "7" I'd give this movie a 6,7 rating. Expand
  24. Sep 9, 2013
    Not as good as Chronicles (which is under appreciated I think there is a version out there that doesn't contain critical information) but I enjoyed it and hope they will make another one. He still needs to find his birthplace.
  25. Sep 11, 2013
    I was actually surprised. I mean, I knew it was going to be great, I love the Riddicks and it's universe, but the trailer was only showing an ok movie with good effects and common story. I must say they did a really good jobs on the concept art, the effects, and even the story and the characters (for this kind of movie). It is far more than a fan movie and definitely better than the secondI was actually surprised. I mean, I knew it was going to be great, I love the Riddicks and it's universe, but the trailer was only showing an ok movie with good effects and common story. I must say they did a really good jobs on the concept art, the effects, and even the story and the characters (for this kind of movie). It is far more than a fan movie and definitely better than the second one. Go watch it if you like scifi and action, its definitely worth it.

I don't know where the critics are from (probably not from our generation), but it feels like they go watch a kind of movie they know they don't like and then write a bad review. It's not objective at all.
  26. Sep 7, 2013
    This is hands down, the best action movie of the last 3 years, and the best movie Vin Diesel has ever made. Sometimes I wonder what these so called "professional" movie critics are smoking. Even my wife who hates these movies was thoroughly entertained from beginning to end. Absolutely fantastic movie, and a brilliant addition to the Riddick story.
  27. Sep 9, 2013
    This is Riddick at his finest: not great overarching story, no epic space battles, no inexplicable super powers (unless ass-kickery is a superpower in which case 'game on') people who liked 'Pitch Black' will be thrilled.
  28. Sep 7, 2013
    With Vin Diesel's subtly intimidating performance at the film's center and an provocatively structured narrative, "Riddick" ultimately fulfills itself as a thrilling action flick with some entertaining sci-fi elements in tow.
  29. Sep 10, 2013
    Saw the new Riddick last night, thought it was enjoyable to say the least!! The critic's hated on it, but the users are right on par. Not the best of the franchise, but a solid movie with with solid action. The supporting cast could have been filled out with a fewer stars, but DIEGO!!! was a nice touch. He's always good for a wacked out bad guy lol. See the movie, enjoy the movie, and takeSaw the new Riddick last night, thought it was enjoyable to say the least!! The critic's hated on it, but the users are right on par. Not the best of the franchise, but a solid movie with with solid action. The supporting cast could have been filled out with a fewer stars, but DIEGO!!! was a nice touch. He's always good for a wacked out bad guy lol. See the movie, enjoy the movie, and take it for what it is... a vin diesel action flick, better the XXX but worse the Pitch Black! Expand
  30. Sep 11, 2013
    Fun and funny, this movie was overflowing with all the badass goodness you've come to appreciate about Riddick. If you didn't like either of the previous films, then by all means, don't waste your time or anyone else's. However, if you can appreciate the overwhelming badass scifi machismo that is Riddick, then don't delay and get to the theaters, NOW.
  31. Jan 28, 2014
    It's an extremely over the top, science fiction, action film, with lots of pretty looking action scenes and cool looking alien planets. What else were you expecting? It was exactly as advertised, and I enjoyed every minute of it. Recognition from the academy is not expected, and no one cares. This is a fun movie about being bad ass. Just like all the Riddick movies.
  32. Sep 13, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The best film I have seen in ages. Proper sci-fi. Loved all the characters. This is very much 3 films in 1. First is an I am Legend survival affair, second Riddick turns predator. The 3rd bit was Pitch Black all over again, but thats what I came to see. Expand
  33. Sep 21, 2013
    Of course, Riddick is a good movie. At the beginning this film shows a very good fight for survival, after excellent action scenes, and at last good ending. Not ideal, but very excellent continuation of story of famous and charismatic space prisoner.
  34. Sep 11, 2013
    This is a blast, up there with the best scifi's over the last few years. The story was solid and the directing was tight. Cast was perfect, and the cgi is right up there. Thoroughly enjoyed this latest Riddick outing, keep making them!
  35. Sep 23, 2013
    Did you love Pitch Black and enjoy The Chronicles of Riddick? If you did, you will love Riddick. It's got tons of action, good suspense and wacky dialogue. It's not perfect, but for it is well done in an era where 30 million for a movie is considered low-budget. Bottom line: Give it a chance.
  36. Dec 23, 2013
    As a huge Riddick fan I loved this movie from start to finish. Everything about the movie was well done including the design of the new creatures. They should definitely continue this franchise and let us see Riddick reach Furia.
  37. Sep 13, 2013
    This movie is being treated cruelly by critics; how can one compare it to a "Sci-Fi Die Hard" and proceed to give it a 5/10 utterly ridiculous. If you like action (that's likely) then you'll like this.
  38. Sep 24, 2013
    After 'Chronicles' Riddick returns to the origins of the series with a smaller, more minimalistic film with fewer characters and more direct interaction. We get a new kind of monster and night gets swapped for day (mostly). 2 teams of bounty hunters come after Riddick's head and get caught in a game of cat (Riddick) and mouse (Poor Bountyhunters). The movie has quite nice visuals andAfter 'Chronicles' Riddick returns to the origins of the series with a smaller, more minimalistic film with fewer characters and more direct interaction. We get a new kind of monster and night gets swapped for day (mostly). 2 teams of bounty hunters come after Riddick's head and get caught in a game of cat (Riddick) and mouse (Poor Bountyhunters). The movie has quite nice visuals and decent effects considering the moddest 38m$ budget. It's a good film but it can't match Pitch Black in quality or atmosphere. Considering the lack of boxoffice success it will probably be the last in the series... Expand
  39. Sep 22, 2013
    I'm glad that this is more like a sequel to "Pitch Black" rather than a "The Riddick Chronicles", it has references to both, but the whole concept is much more close to the first movie it's a sci-fi thriller. All the story happens in one location (the creators refused the epicness of the previous movie, there is no planetary demolitions and universal wars, there is no ghost-ladies andI'm glad that this is more like a sequel to "Pitch Black" rather than a "The Riddick Chronicles", it has references to both, but the whole concept is much more close to the first movie it's a sci-fi thriller. All the story happens in one location (the creators refused the epicness of the previous movie, there is no planetary demolitions and universal wars, there is no ghost-ladies and other unnecessary and shallow characters) and this is a story about Riddick and the mercenaries trying to catch him. The other good thing is the movie became more mature and violent, it just looks more serious. Hopefully, if there will be another sequel, it will continue being a sci-fi thriller, not a sci-fi fantasy. Expand
  40. Sep 11, 2013
    Awesome movie. I wont go into to much detail but I really enjoyed it, I thought it might be just another pitch black and I'm not the biggest Riddick follower, but it really plays into the Riddick Series. I'd recommended watching it and I hope we get another!
  41. Jan 13, 2014
    The first movie was very simple, about surviving in an unknown planet by avoiding the attacks of the alien creatures. But the second movie was totally different with broad in story expansion about humans and human like creature's invasion of different planets of the universe. So this third Riddick movie was very much similar to the first which had very lesser characters. If you ever likedThe first movie was very simple, about surviving in an unknown planet by avoiding the attacks of the alien creatures. But the second movie was totally different with broad in story expansion about humans and human like creature's invasion of different planets of the universe. So this third Riddick movie was very much similar to the first which had very lesser characters. If you ever liked the first, probably you will like this as well.

You keep what you kill, so Riddick becomes the new Lord Marshall of the Necromonger. But he's far more away from their faith, so he makes a deal with the commander Vaako. But the deal goes wrong when he was escorted to a wrong planet. Once again, Riddick finds the threats from alien animals from the planet where he is stranded. On the other side, the bounty hunters trouble him, but he must fight to get one of their ships to sail to the planet Furya. Would he succeed or not is the story briefs in the remains.

As the per the entertainment prospect this movie was very good. It had great stunts and graphics. As usual the Vin diesel was breathtaking as Riddick. But if you are expecting a story to continue from where the second installment ended you will be sadden. Actually the story follows from the second, but the theme flips back to similar to the first. For me it was a well made movie in the series to fit in and as the third. Those who are disappointed will be brightened up in the next follow up movie for sure. So I believe it is not for everyone, except those who seek a good entertainment.
  42. Oct 18, 2013
    In taste of the first movie, Riddick delivers both action and thriller blended with humor, nicely balanced. It doesn't try to create an universe like TCOR, it doesn't take itself too seriously, but you can see there is a hard work behind it. Despite the repetition of the scenes from first movie in the last act, back to the origin decision is a great choice to continue the Riddick saga.
  43. Jan 18, 2014
    Riddick (Vin Diesel) has got my attention, I just hope there will be enough viewers, fans and good ratings to continue. Hope I wont have to wait 10 yrs, but if I have to, I will. Good Luck with production Vin!
  44. Sep 17, 2013
    had my attention for the whole movie, so i was entertained so i got value for money. i'm excited because it leaves the door open to find the planet furia, so Vin get to WORK i want to see the next one. Really this type of movie is Sci fi meets alien monsters kill everybody and still be a hero, it aint no great grasby crap.
  45. Sep 23, 2013
    Three of us went to see this in the theater and we all had the same reaction: "It was better than we thought it would be." Take one part Pitch Black, one part Chronicles of Riddick and throw in one part of new stuff and you get a decent third installment in the Riddick franchise. If you liked either of the first two movies you will enjoy this one. Enough said.
  46. Jan 15, 2014
    I’m a big fan of the character of Riddick and was more than excited to see him return for a new adventure. Although the story does suffer from some severe lack of balance, the film didn’t fail in satisfying me with some brutal action and Sci-Fi awesome-tude (totally a word, I swear). Not a bad new adventure for the man, I have to say.
  47. Sep 18, 2013
    This easily could be a stand alone film. My grandmother she normally doesn't really go for movies like this but she did and was thoroughly please by it. Also she never watched the first two she went in totally blind. I'll be buying this one.
  48. Sep 28, 2013
    Riddick was a excellent sci-fi action thriller flim from director david twohy. i saw this on saturday september 21 with my dad it was good movie except their is nudity in the movie which was disturbing, but i did like the aliens in action in the movie.
  49. Sep 8, 2013
    I thought it was very well written, with more of the classic BA Riddick. Hope they make another one. I love the Riddick series. Maybe not academy award type stuff, but Vin plays Riddick so good. Total badass.
  50. Jan 14, 2014
    Riddick is not a 10/10 movie but I really enjoyed it as I did with Pitch Black and I thought Chronicles of Riddick was an enjoyable movie. Riddick takes the movie back to it's roots with Riddick trying to survive on a deserted planet while carnivorous aliens try to kill him and the others trapped with Riddick. Some of my favorite parts of the movie were when Riddick was trying to surviveRiddick is not a 10/10 movie but I really enjoyed it as I did with Pitch Black and I thought Chronicles of Riddick was an enjoyable movie. Riddick takes the movie back to it's roots with Riddick trying to survive on a deserted planet while carnivorous aliens try to kill him and the others trapped with Riddick. Some of my favorite parts of the movie were when Riddick was trying to survive after being left for dead on the planet and when Riddick toyed with the mercenaries that came to collect his bounty. After this the movie became to much like Pitch Black and almost seemed to be copying it. Vin Diesels performance as Riddick is amazing and a good enough reason alone to go see this movie, while some of his co-stars were lacking Matt Nable, Jordi Mollà and surprisingly Dave Bautista bring the same quality of acting as Vin Diesel does. This movie is definitely worth seeing even if you haven't seen any of the previous Riddick movies. I enjoyed this movie and I look forward to seeing what they do with Riddick in the future. Expand
  51. Oct 6, 2013
    totally awesome
    so entertaining, great story, great acting, great screenplay i really liked it action scenes was so original but only i didn't like 30 minute prologue that's why i give 9
  52. Oct 6, 2013
    I went in to this movie without seeing Pitch Black or Chronicles of Riddick, and it was still great.
    You needed little knowledge for a short scene in the beginning, and was very easy to follow.
    The downside however is that the movie had a very small plot, which while keeping it easy to follow, made it a little boring at times. Also be warned, if you live in Australia, although the

Also be warned, if you live in Australia, although the movie is rated MA15+, there are two scenes with nudity, just so you are aware.
    Which brings up a small complaint, the nudity is very random and unnecessary, making it awkward when watching with friends.

The actors had great performances especially Vin Diesel, with the exception of Jordi Mollà and his quite cheesy dialogue.

The movie was a great watch and while not a Triple A film, it's still something to check out.
  53. Oct 19, 2013
    The is a solid B movie scifi action thriller with a super macho protagonist. If you liked the first two Riddick movies, you will enjoy this one. If you are expecting anything deep or you didn't enjoy the first two Riddick movies, you will probably not enjoy this one.
  54. Dec 3, 2013
    Enjoyed it very much. It may not have much of a deep philosophical meaning that professional critics are looking for, but Vin Diesel kicking ass is what I wanted to see and I was not disappointed.
  55. Jan 14, 2014
    Time has proved that critics never give a mark above 7 if the movie doesn't contain all standards which they require and you can find him in latest romantic comedies.
    The movie follows Richard B. Riddick an escaped convict and murderer which is trapped in non-civilazed planet crawled with dangerous creatures. So far it's my favorite Vin's movie and character in sci-fi universe. The unique personality that is smart and strong combined with Vin's screenplay and fan-favorite voice makes Riddick everyones favorite antihero. The plot is very good in the end survivors realize it's all about survival not money which some of Riddick's enemies desire. I can't recommend enough to watch this movie you may like it or dislike it just don't trust critics one the right and watch movie for yourself and decide. The bottom line is do you like, or dislike Sci-fi action
  56. Feb 3, 2014
    If you liked Pitch Black, then I think you'll really enjoy Riddick. I found the beginning a little slow but pretty much when the mercs show up the movie picks up. The end was also disappointing, especially when it starts building intensity and just caps it with a pretty cheesy ending. But don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed it and thought it was a really fun movie and I would definetlyIf you liked Pitch Black, then I think you'll really enjoy Riddick. I found the beginning a little slow but pretty much when the mercs show up the movie picks up. The end was also disappointing, especially when it starts building intensity and just caps it with a pretty cheesy ending. But don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed it and thought it was a really fun movie and I would definetly recommend it to anyone that enjoys these types of movies Expand
  57. Aug 17, 2014
    Riddick is a pretty great threequel. It strips back the overblown ambitions of 'The Chronicles of Riddick' and goes for more staple genre fare instead. But what it does, it does very well. Much like the original 'Pitch Black'. I had a lot of fun with this flick and it felt like a nice throwback to early 90's B-movie Sci-Fi.
  58. Jun 11, 2014
    Mysogonistic, predictable and over-the-top violent yet completely awesome. Vin Diesel once again pulls off a great action sci-fi that just requires you to switch off and enjoy the screenplay, A good mixture of well-timed humour, seemlessly integrated CGI mark yet another succesful installment in the series.

Oh, did I mention that it has breasts? And dingo-dongos!
  59. Sep 24, 2013
    this was a very entertaining and enjoyable movie. especially loved the humor, but the entire setting and atmosphere was great too, just how a movie like this should be. recommended!
  60. Jun 13, 2014
    This is an excellent film for the sci fi crowd. It has great visuals, story progression, and character development. It has epic combat scenes where Vin Diesel obliterates his foes as Riddick, but don't expect all his battles to be easily won! He mortgaged his house to finish this thing, and it was worth it. Don't listen to the sniveling critics, they have always frowned upon movies thatThis is an excellent film for the sci fi crowd. It has great visuals, story progression, and character development. It has epic combat scenes where Vin Diesel obliterates his foes as Riddick, but don't expect all his battles to be easily won! He mortgaged his house to finish this thing, and it was worth it. Don't listen to the sniveling critics, they have always frowned upon movies that are daring enough to give you exactly what you want. Expand
  61. Dec 3, 2014
    Ok. But certainly no more than ok. I quite enjoyed "pitch black", and I enjoyed the second film even more, but this is essentially a less interesting remake of the first film. The mercenaries are dull, uninteresting and about as threatening as teddy bears. The aliens are quite scary. There's too much about Riddick in this film and not enough other memorable characters to bounce off. A fewOk. But certainly no more than ok. I quite enjoyed "pitch black", and I enjoyed the second film even more, but this is essentially a less interesting remake of the first film. The mercenaries are dull, uninteresting and about as threatening as teddy bears. The aliens are quite scary. There's too much about Riddick in this film and not enough other memorable characters to bounce off. A few good scenes here and there but overall I feel this was a wasted opportunity to reboot a franchise that still has a lot of potential. The video games are far better than this film. Expand
  62. Mar 6, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Riddick is a 2013 science fiction film directed by David Twohy with Vin Diesel , Katee Sackhoff and Jordi Molla and the sequel to The Chronicles of Riddick .
    In this film we see Riddick betrayed by Vaako , who had promised to bring it back up Furya but instead abandons him on a hostile planet to kill him. Despite the Necromonger be believed dead, Riddick manages to survive , but will face a world full of dangerous creatures and deadly that they will try to kill him. In this place, our protagonist finds himself his ego animal, but when he sees the imminent arrival of a huge threat , Riddick decides to call for help and will arrive on the planet two teams of mercenaries with the intention to take his ship and escape.
    In my opinion, a successful movie much better than its predecessor. It seems to go back to the origins of the character played by Vin Diesel and it will meet the typical atmosphere of Pitch Black . The film in terms of narrative is divided into two parts: the first where we will see Riddick trying to survive on the planet inhabited by ferocious creatures , part very well done as it seems one of those movies where the man must try to survive the oppression of nature and the second will be the arrival of the two teams of mercenaries and that is where we will review the old Pitch Black , Riddick will no longer be the main protagonist but will be back in the shadows and we'll see a lot more members of the two teams . At this point the film reaches its maximum voltage as the mercenaries do not know when and how Riddick could attack them.
    The characters are all distinct and very different from each other (especially the two teams are very different from each other , a more disciplined and organized , the other more disordered and chaotic )
    On a technical level the film is very well done. Although the budget is very limited , Twohy was able to create creatures made very well with the CGI and breathtaking scenery .
    The flaws of the film are mainly two: the quotes in Pitch Black and the final part . It is not wrong to quote the movie , but the point is that it is mentioned many times. As for the final part instead was made ​​a little ' too fast and also on here as Pitch Black , Riddick and mercenaries must escape from the horrible creatures who will try to kill them. The creatures are made very well, but everything happens very quickly and the ending is not exactly the most exciting.
    Despite these flaws the film is very enjoyable and certainly will appeal to many.
  63. Sep 27, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Riddick did not disappoint until the end. I just wish he didn`t have to be saved. The movie overall kept my interest the whole time. It`s a good watch from the first time you see his hands. Expand
  64. Feb 12, 2014
    This was a great movie that had exactly what I had hoped for, basically more of Riddick from the first two movies doing his thing. If you didn't like the first two then you wouldn't like this one.
  65. Jul 31, 2015
    Saw this in theaters when it came out and was immediately wow'd by how much an improvement it was over The Chronicles of Riddick, in terms as it didn't feel like a big budget hollywood production. The story is as basic as Pitch Black and holds its own while not feeling overblown or boring. If you like the Riddick movies, don't listen to the critics and go see this movie.
  66. Jun 19, 2014
    "Riddick" starts where we expect a movie about Riddick to start, the consummate loner surviving on a desolate planet. It ends with Riddick using his skills to master his foes, yet always as a loner and always struggling.This is the kind of films that would be a cult classic in the 80s and 90s, much like the original "Pitch Black" became something of a cult sensation in 2000. Certainly the"Riddick" starts where we expect a movie about Riddick to start, the consummate loner surviving on a desolate planet. It ends with Riddick using his skills to master his foes, yet always as a loner and always struggling.This is the kind of films that would be a cult classic in the 80s and 90s, much like the original "Pitch Black" became something of a cult sensation in 2000. Certainly the genre is not for everyone. This is not a PG crowd pleaser like "Star Wars". As for gritty space dramas, "Riddick" is one of the best. Highly recommend. Expand
  67. Mar 21, 2014
    It's not perfect, but if you like vin diesel and the Riddick movies then you will enjoy this as well. The low budget hasn't hindered the film in any way. Dave Bautista has a role as a mercenary thug but still manages to stand out and Katee Sackhoff lives upto her Battlestar persona as a hard ass tough girl. Action, Gore and Vin Diesel the way you like him. Great Movie!
  68. Apr 20, 2014
    And once again, the critics fail so hard! I mean, how's this even possible? Just as the other movies, Riddick is an amazing movie! It's really good, seriously. Vin Diesel was awesome as Richard B Riddick. Such good characters and storyline. Loved it too much! And people who have dogs.. be careful! Very intense, with lots of action! Amazing.

1. Reviewed by: Kyle Smith
    Sep 30, 2013
    The movie jogs along nicely without ever getting a case of the stupids; far from being a bloated “John Carter,” it’s just a pared-down yarn of survival: “Die Hard” on a planet.
  2. Reviewed by: Anthony Lane
    Sep 16, 2013
    And that's it, really: two hours of loneliness, interleaved with havoc. The dialogue has been distilled to expletives and grunts. [16 Sept. 2013, p.74]
  3. Reviewed by: Ty Burr
    Sep 9, 2013
    This is back-to-basics stuff, which turns out to be not such a bad idea.