7.2

1. Aug 17, 2014
    Riddick is a pretty great threequel. It strips back the overblown ambitions of 'The Chronicles of Riddick' and goes for more staple genre fare instead. But what it does, it does very well. Much like the original 'Pitch Black'. I had a lot of fun with this flick and it felt like a nice throwback to early 90's B-movie Sci-Fi.
  2. Jun 19, 2014
    "Riddick" starts where we expect a movie about Riddick to start, the consummate loner surviving on a desolate planet. It ends with Riddick using his skills to master his foes, yet always as a loner and always struggling.This is the kind of films that would be a cult classic in the 80s and 90s, much like the original "Pitch Black" became something of a cult sensation in 2000. Certainly the genre is not for everyone. This is not a PG crowd pleaser like "Star Wars". As for gritty space dramas, "Riddick" is one of the best. Highly recommend. Expand
  3. Jun 13, 2014
    This is an excellent film for the sci fi crowd. It has great visuals, story progression, and character development. It has epic combat scenes where Vin Diesel obliterates his foes as Riddick, but don't expect all his battles to be easily won! He mortgaged his house to finish this thing, and it was worth it. Don't listen to the sniveling critics, they have always frowned upon movies that are daring enough to give you exactly what you want. Expand
  4. Jun 11, 2014
    Mysogonistic, predictable and over-the-top violent yet completely awesome. Vin Diesel once again pulls off a great action sci-fi that just requires you to switch off and enjoy the screenplay, A good mixture of well-timed humour, seemlessly integrated CGI mark yet another succesful installment in the series.

Oh, did I mention that it has breasts? And dingo-dongos!
  5. May 25, 2014
    Riddick is a decent film sure it may be great but it sure is a hell of a lot better then The Chronicles of Riddick that movie was crap. It had a different feel then the all other action movies that came out this year I guess that's why I don't hate on it has much as others.

Riddick stranded and left for dead after being tricked by Vaako (karl Urban) he finds himself fighting for his
    life on planet and that has little to no plant life and everthing is a predator. Finding a outpost he sends out a signal letting mercenaries/bounty hunters know he is on the plant knowing he has a bounty on his head.

In one night he kills three people forcing the two teams to group together to kill try to him. Giving them the option to give him a one ship and live before the storm that's on the horizon hits the outpost. Of course they dont listen and they knock him out and tie him up the storm hits and loads alien monsters come out from beneath the ground and are headed to attack the outpost so they let Riddick out as he is really the only one that knows what to do. This is baiscly when it become pitch black with them just trying to survive the rainy night.

Overall I give it a 6.0 the deaths in the movie were brutal, the creatures looked great, the planet scenery was awesome but the space cgi was horrible Firefly back in 2002 looked better then this seriouly though it looked liked bad 90's space movie cgi.
  6. Apr 20, 2014
    And once again, the critics fail so hard! I mean, how's this even possible? Just as the other movies, Riddick is an amazing movie! It's really good, seriously. Vin Diesel was awesome as Richard B Riddick. Such good characters and storyline. Loved it too much! And people who have dogs.. be careful! Very intense, with lots of action! Amazing.
  7. Mar 31, 2014
    The Chronicles of Riddick was terrible, but this third installment breathes life back into everyone's favorite antihero. They do a good job of tying up the necromonger stupidity at the beginning, so it's out of the way, and to me, that's a very good thing. This is very much a back to the roots movie. Riddick is in his full element, on a hostile world where he defeats nasty monsters and makes his oppressors look like fools. But this movie even has more than one would expect of it. There's a happy ending :D It was excellent. It was full of macho stereotypes, but that's why one watches a Riddick movie. Richard B Riddick, escaped convict, murderer! ^_^ "

I found it more entertaining than most action flicks you put on. It's great to see Vin Diesel reprising his best character. Also, the dog was just an incredible idea and he really complemented Riddick's animal side. I wish we could have seen more of the intrepid zebra pooch.
  8. Mar 21, 2014
    It's not perfect, but if you like vin diesel and the Riddick movies then you will enjoy this as well. The low budget hasn't hindered the film in any way. Dave Bautista has a role as a mercenary thug but still manages to stand out and Katee Sackhoff lives upto her Battlestar persona as a hard ass tough girl. Action, Gore and Vin Diesel the way you like him. Great Movie!
  9. Mar 21, 2014
    This movie was a bit all over the place. Riddick's remembrance of the "other" chronicles was a bit too unconnected for me to care about. Then there was that guy's father, I mean, who was that guy? That was like 4 movies ago.Also, the action was too predictable and needlessly violent to be good. The cgi animals were somewhat better then in other movies but still unrealistic. Those "wild" dogs just stare at predators and get eaten, evolution must be very unusual there. Also, what did they eat, exactly? In conclusion "Riddick" is to Pitch black (or the chronicles, take your pick) what Terminator:Salvation is to Terminator. Expand
  10. Mar 6, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Riddick is a 2013 science fiction film directed by David Twohy with Vin Diesel , Katee Sackhoff and Jordi Molla and the sequel to The Chronicles of Riddick .
    In this film we see Riddick betrayed by Vaako , who had promised to bring it back up Furya but instead abandons him on a hostile planet to kill him. Despite the Necromonger be believed dead, Riddick manages to survive , but will face a world full of dangerous creatures and deadly that they will try to kill him. In this place, our protagonist finds himself his ego animal, but when he sees the imminent arrival of a huge threat , Riddick decides to call for help and will arrive on the planet two teams of mercenaries with the intention to take his ship and escape.
    In my opinion, a successful movie much better than its predecessor. It seems to go back to the origins of the character played by Vin Diesel and it will meet the typical atmosphere of Pitch Black . The film in terms of narrative is divided into two parts: the first where we will see Riddick trying to survive on the planet inhabited by ferocious creatures , part very well done as it seems one of those movies where the man must try to survive the oppression of nature and the second will be the arrival of the two teams of mercenaries and that is where we will review the old Pitch Black , Riddick will no longer be the main protagonist but will be back in the shadows and we'll see a lot more members of the two teams . At this point the film reaches its maximum voltage as the mercenaries do not know when and how Riddick could attack them.
    The characters are all distinct and very different from each other (especially the two teams are very different from each other , a more disciplined and organized , the other more disordered and chaotic )
    On a technical level the film is very well done. Although the budget is very limited , Twohy was able to create creatures made very well with the CGI and breathtaking scenery .
    The flaws of the film are mainly two: the quotes in Pitch Black and the final part . It is not wrong to quote the movie , but the point is that it is mentioned many times. As for the final part instead was made ​​a little ' too fast and also on here as Pitch Black , Riddick and mercenaries must escape from the horrible creatures who will try to kill them. The creatures are made very well, but everything happens very quickly and the ending is not exactly the most exciting.
    Despite these flaws the film is very enjoyable and certainly will appeal to many.
  11. Feb 24, 2014
    Violent, dark, nasty, sexist, no plot, bad acting, too many of just one sort of alien slime-dwelling scorpion monsters. Oh, and the computer-generated jackal was killed off way too soon because it was the most interesting character in the whole movie At least no one involved with this silly sci-fi seemed to take it overly seriously, but even so, it had no real humor.
  12. Feb 14, 2014
    It's not always the smartest, there are a lot of eye rolling cheesy moments and dialog, but it's still a very fun and action packed sci-fi movie. Diesel nails it as the cocky bad-a*s Riddick, and the rest of the cast is also entertaining. Considering all the crap that sci-fi movies have been lately, it's nice to see one that is just a lot of fun. I can't compare it to the originals, but I can say this latest "Riddick" movie was a lot of fun, at least in my opinion. So go ahead and give it a shot. I think you'll find it worth your time. Expand
  13. Feb 12, 2014
    This was a great movie that had exactly what I had hoped for, basically more of Riddick from the first two movies doing his thing. If you didn't like the first two then you wouldn't like this one.
  14. Feb 7, 2014
    The reviews here saying things like don't listen to the critics must be production company posts. I love Vin, really enjoyed The Chronicles, and expected more of that. It is, however, a terrible attempt to remake Pitch Black essentially. It is the same plot but poorer. The character interactions are completely unbelievable, terrible dialogue, SP FX is nothing close to special and the script is so basic and pointless, that it is almost confusing as you try to make more out of what is actually going on. Perhaps you should see it, just to see something so sub rate and to see how the critics here are obviously plants. Riddick does have the mysterious ability to change people's sexuality with out there being the slightest reason throughout the known or unknown universe. See it just for that, I guess. They need him in Russia. The most unbelievable film I think I have ever seen. If only Stallone was in this and it would have completed the gang bang of all gang bangs. Too long, too unbelievable, too amateurish dialogue and human interactions. And what happens to his Dingo-Dongo thingy? The tranqs were too much? In a word LUDICROUS. Sory Vin, please redeem yourself, and don't remake this one! Expand
  15. Feb 4, 2014
    A major plot hole turned this from a 7 to a 4. It's not a terrible movie if you don't mind a bit of cliche'd writing and a plot hole here and there. Otherwise, I'd stay clear of this one.
  16. Feb 3, 2014
    If you liked Pitch Black, then I think you'll really enjoy Riddick. I found the beginning a little slow but pretty much when the mercs show up the movie picks up. The end was also disappointing, especially when it starts building intensity and just caps it with a pretty cheesy ending. But don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed it and thought it was a really fun movie and I would definetly recommend it to anyone that enjoys these types of movies Expand
  17. Feb 2, 2014
    Its not a bad movie, But its missing that epic, huge Hollywood touch. Watching the movie, I felt it was on a limited budget. The story is silly, the writing is bad as well. Its watchable on Netflix.
  18. Jan 28, 2014
    It's an extremely over the top, science fiction, action film, with lots of pretty looking action scenes and cool looking alien planets. What else were you expecting? It was exactly as advertised, and I enjoyed every minute of it. Recognition from the academy is not expected, and no one cares. This is a fun movie about being bad ass. Just like all the Riddick movies.
  19. Jan 19, 2014
    Poorly written dialogue that bores you to tears, Special effects are so-so but get tiresome fast, Fight scenes are not that interesting. Yet despite all that, The true killer of this film isn't Riddick himself, It's the fact that it has a 2 hour run time. They easily could have told the story in an hour and a half and the fact that they have to needlessly drag it on really ruins the movie in my opinion.

Unless you are an absolute die hard fan of the series, You will not want to bother with this film.
  20. Jan 18, 2014
    Riddick (Vin Diesel) has got my attention, I just hope there will be enough viewers, fans and good ratings to continue. Hope I wont have to wait 10 yrs, but if I have to, I will. Good Luck with production Vin!
  21. Jan 15, 2014
    I’m a big fan of the character of Riddick and was more than excited to see him return for a new adventure. Although the story does suffer from some severe lack of balance, the film didn’t fail in satisfying me with some brutal action and Sci-Fi awesome-tude (totally a word, I swear). Not a bad new adventure for the man, I have to say.
  22. Jan 15, 2014
    I wanted there to be more action in this movie. I like that there was survival in the movie. It has a good synopsis: a muscular most-wanted criminal is trapped on a desolate planet, and his only chance of escaping is survival. Riddick has to deal with swarms of violent creatures and bounty hunters.

The movie wasn't too long or too short, somewhere in the middle.
  23. Jan 14, 2014
    Time has proved that critics never give a mark above 7 if the movie doesn't contain all standards which they require and you can find him in latest romantic comedies.
    The movie follows Richard B. Riddick an escaped convict and murderer which is trapped in non-civilazed planet crawled with dangerous creatures. So far it's my favorite Vin's movie and character in sci-fi universe. The unique
    personality that is smart and strong combined with Vin's screenplay and fan-favorite voice makes Riddick everyones favorite antihero. The plot is very good in the end survivors realize it's all about survival not money which some of Riddick's enemies desire. I can't recommend enough to watch this movie you may like it or dislike it just don't trust critics one the right and watch movie for yourself and decide. The bottom line is do you like, or dislike Sci-fi action Expand
  24. Jan 14, 2014
    Riddick is not a 10/10 movie but I really enjoyed it as I did with Pitch Black and I thought Chronicles of Riddick was an enjoyable movie. Riddick takes the movie back to it's roots with Riddick trying to survive on a deserted planet while carnivorous aliens try to kill him and the others trapped with Riddick. Some of my favorite parts of the movie were when Riddick was trying to survive after being left for dead on the planet and when Riddick toyed with the mercenaries that came to collect his bounty. After this the movie became to much like Pitch Black and almost seemed to be copying it. Vin Diesels performance as Riddick is amazing and a good enough reason alone to go see this movie, while some of his co-stars were lacking Matt Nable, Jordi Mollà and surprisingly Dave Bautista bring the same quality of acting as Vin Diesel does. This movie is definitely worth seeing even if you haven't seen any of the previous Riddick movies. I enjoyed this movie and I look forward to seeing what they do with Riddick in the future. Expand
  25. Jan 13, 2014
    The first movie was very simple, about surviving in an unknown planet by avoiding the attacks of the alien creatures. But the second movie was totally different with broad in story expansion about humans and human like creature's invasion of different planets of the universe. So this third Riddick movie was very much similar to the first which had very lesser characters. If you ever liked the first, probably you will like this as well.

You keep what you kill, so Riddick becomes the new Lord Marshall of the Necromonger. But he's far more away from their faith, so he makes a deal with the commander Vaako. But the deal goes wrong when he was escorted to a wrong planet. Once again, Riddick finds the threats from alien animals from the planet where he is stranded. On the other side, the bounty hunters trouble him, but he must fight to get one of their ships to sail to the planet Furya. Would he succeed or not is the story briefs in the remains.

As the per the entertainment prospect this movie was very good. It had great stunts and graphics. As usual the Vin diesel was breathtaking as Riddick. But if you are expecting a story to continue from where the second installment ended you will be sadden. Actually the story follows from the second, but the theme flips back to similar to the first. For me it was a well made movie in the series to fit in and as the third. Those who are disappointed will be brightened up in the next follow up movie for sure. So I believe it is not for everyone, except those who seek a good entertainment.
  26. Jan 5, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Love the character Riddick but sadly I dont think this film done justice. The start of the movie looked hopeful with being on some deserted world hoping to be in search of fuyron, where he is from but just ended up being a hunt for Riddick and monsters.. Nothing new at all... And really I didn't think it was that great either.

I hope they expand on the story of him finding his home world fuyra with Falco because that is where I think the story should have gone. They could really make an epic epic movie with this character but their not. This character could have been so much. Lets see what happens..
  27. Jan 1, 2014
    Don't understand the people or critics who blasted this movie. I've watched and loved pitch black and Chronicles of Riddick and Dark Athena, and to tell you the truth something was telling me that this movie was going to suck, and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised.

The movie is definitely great, Vin Diesel does an as usual excellent job of portraying the silent gritty killer
    Riddick, the movie has a lot of action, is "believable" (in the context of the movie universe) and has good supporting roles by actors that are relatively uknown (except for the lady that plays starbuck on Battlestar Galactica and the guy who did Dredd, he's "Commander Vako" in the movie.

I particularly liked the "new kid" bounty hunter actor (sry don't know his name) and as usual the guy who did Commander Vako does a great job. The lady bounty hunter (Starbuck from BSG) really did a great job too, she really sold me on being a female bounty hunter in the universe of Riddick, and she delivered on just the right amount of humor and sexiness without making her entire part about being hot like some actresses in other movies do.

Everyone did a good job in the movie, the special effects were really nice, even though sometimes they could have been a "little" bit better, and all in all the Riddick storyline was moved along nicely even though there wasn't as much about Furya or what happens with the Necromonger fleet as I would have hoped for, but to be honest, the movie would have been "too busy" if they touched on all that, and the director has already stated that the next two movies in the series (and the last) will be focused on these plot lines to finish out the story of Riddick's character.

All in all, it was a great movie, and a REALLY great sci fi movie, in a market where getting a good sci movie is really really rare. I gave this movie a 10 here because I saw some really ignorant and biased negative reviews. I think this movie deserves at solid objective 8/10 and me as a Riddick fan I would give it a 9/10.
  28. Dec 30, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. First Riddick not being able to recognize his own home planet and get screwed like that?
    I wont even comment on his fall from that rock.
    The thing about the lesbian asking him to do her... Pathetic. Its like Vin Diesel personally paid to get his ego polished.

The movie indeed had its good moments as well, but mostly it was just a kids movie.
    I loved the first 2 movies, but this is just not what I expected.
  29. Dec 23, 2013
    As a huge Riddick fan I loved this movie from start to finish. Everything about the movie was well done including the design of the new creatures. They should definitely continue this franchise and let us see Riddick reach Furia.
  30. Dec 18, 2013
    Utter nonsense.
    The writers cobbled this together on the way to work.
    I wasted two hours of my life watching this tripe.
    Avoid-Avoid-Avoid-Avoid-Avoid-Avoid-Avoid-Avoid-Avoid-Avoid-Avoid-Avoid-Avoid-Avoid-Avoid-Avoid-

1. Reviewed by: Kyle Smith
    Sep 30, 2013
    The movie jogs along nicely without ever getting a case of the stupids; far from being a bloated “John Carter,” it’s just a pared-down yarn of survival: “Die Hard” on a planet.
  2. Reviewed by: Anthony Lane
    Sep 16, 2013
    And that's it, really: two hours of loneliness, interleaved with havoc. The dialogue has been distilled to expletives and grunts. [16 Sept. 2013, p.74]
  3. Reviewed by: Ty Burr
    Sep 9, 2013
    This is back-to-basics stuff, which turns out to be not such a bad idea.