7.2

1. Jun 13, 2014
    This is an excellent film for the sci fi crowd. It has great visuals, story progression, and character development. It has epic combat scenes where Vin Diesel obliterates his foes as Riddick, but don't expect all his battles to be easily won! He mortgaged his house to finish this thing, and it was worth it. Don't listen to the sniveling critics, they have always frowned upon movies thatThis is an excellent film for the sci fi crowd. It has great visuals, story progression, and character development. It has epic combat scenes where Vin Diesel obliterates his foes as Riddick, but don't expect all his battles to be easily won! He mortgaged his house to finish this thing, and it was worth it. Don't listen to the sniveling critics, they have always frowned upon movies that are daring enough to give you exactly what you want. Expand
  2. Jun 11, 2014
    Mysogonistic, predictable and over-the-top violent yet completely awesome. Vin Diesel once again pulls off a great action sci-fi that just requires you to switch off and enjoy the screenplay, A good mixture of well-timed humour, seemlessly integrated CGI mark yet another succesful installment in the series.

Oh, did I mention that it has breasts? And dingo-dongos!
  3. Apr 20, 2014
    And once again, the critics fail so hard! I mean, how's this even possible? Just as the other movies, Riddick is an amazing movie! It's really good, seriously. Vin Diesel was awesome as Richard B Riddick. Such good characters and storyline. Loved it too much! And people who have dogs.. be careful! Very intense, with lots of action! Amazing.
  4. Mar 31, 2014
    The Chronicles of Riddick was terrible, but this third installment breathes life back into everyone's favorite antihero. They do a good job of tying up the necromonger stupidity at the beginning, so it's out of the way, and to me, that's a very good thing. This is very much a back to the roots movie. Riddick is in his full element, on a hostile world where he defeats nasty monsters andThe Chronicles of Riddick was terrible, but this third installment breathes life back into everyone's favorite antihero. They do a good job of tying up the necromonger stupidity at the beginning, so it's out of the way, and to me, that's a very good thing. This is very much a back to the roots movie. Riddick is in his full element, on a hostile world where he defeats nasty monsters and makes his oppressors look like fools. But this movie even has more than one would expect of it. There's a happy ending :D It was excellent. It was full of macho stereotypes, but that's why one watches a Riddick movie. Richard B Riddick, escaped convict, murderer! ^_^ "

I found it more entertaining than most action flicks you put on. It's great to see Vin Diesel reprising his best character. Also, the dog was just an incredible idea and he really complemented Riddick's animal side. I wish we could have seen more of the intrepid zebra pooch.
  5. Feb 14, 2014
    It's not always the smartest, there are a lot of eye rolling cheesy moments and dialog, but it's still a very fun and action packed sci-fi movie. Diesel nails it as the cocky bad-a*s Riddick, and the rest of the cast is also entertaining. Considering all the crap that sci-fi movies have been lately, it's nice to see one that is just a lot of fun. I can't compare it to the originals, but IIt's not always the smartest, there are a lot of eye rolling cheesy moments and dialog, but it's still a very fun and action packed sci-fi movie. Diesel nails it as the cocky bad-a*s Riddick, and the rest of the cast is also entertaining. Considering all the crap that sci-fi movies have been lately, it's nice to see one that is just a lot of fun. I can't compare it to the originals, but I can say this latest "Riddick" movie was a lot of fun, at least in my opinion. So go ahead and give it a shot. I think you'll find it worth your time. Expand
  6. Jan 28, 2014
    It's an extremely over the top, science fiction, action film, with lots of pretty looking action scenes and cool looking alien planets. What else were you expecting? It was exactly as advertised, and I enjoyed every minute of it. Recognition from the academy is not expected, and no one cares. This is a fun movie about being bad ass. Just like all the Riddick movies.
  7. Jan 18, 2014
    Riddick (Vin Diesel) has got my attention, I just hope there will be enough viewers, fans and good ratings to continue. Hope I wont have to wait 10 yrs, but if I have to, I will. Good Luck with production Vin!
  8. Jan 14, 2014
    Time has proved that critics never give a mark above 7 if the movie doesn't contain all standards which they require and you can find him in latest romantic comedies.
    The movie follows Richard B. Riddick an escaped convict and murderer which is trapped in non-civilazed planet crawled with dangerous creatures. So far it's my favorite Vin's movie and character in sci-fi universe. The unique personality that is smart and strong combined with Vin's screenplay and fan-favorite voice makes Riddick everyones favorite antihero. The plot is very good in the end survivors realize it's all about survival not money which some of Riddick's enemies desire. I can't recommend enough to watch this movie you may like it or dislike it just don't trust critics one the right and watch movie for yourself and decide. The bottom line is do you like, or dislike Sci-fi action
  9. Jan 1, 2014
    Don't understand the people or critics who blasted this movie. I've watched and loved pitch black and Chronicles of Riddick and Dark Athena, and to tell you the truth something was telling me that this movie was going to suck, and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised.

The movie is definitely great, Vin Diesel does an as usual excellent job of portraying the silent gritty killer Riddick, the movie has a lot of action, is "believable" (in the context of the movie universe) and has good supporting roles by actors that are relatively uknown (except for the lady that plays starbuck on Battlestar Galactica and the guy who did Dredd, he's "Commander Vako" in the movie.

I particularly liked the "new kid" bounty hunter actor (sry don't know his name) and as usual the guy who did Commander Vako does a great job. The lady bounty hunter (Starbuck from BSG) really did a great job too, she really sold me on being a female bounty hunter in the universe of Riddick, and she delivered on just the right amount of humor and sexiness without making her entire part about being hot like some actresses in other movies do.

Everyone did a good job in the movie, the special effects were really nice, even though sometimes they could have been a "little" bit better, and all in all the Riddick storyline was moved along nicely even though there wasn't as much about Furya or what happens with the Necromonger fleet as I would have hoped for, but to be honest, the movie would have been "too busy" if they touched on all that, and the director has already stated that the next two movies in the series (and the last) will be focused on these plot lines to finish out the story of Riddick's character.

All in all, it was a great movie, and a REALLY great sci fi movie, in a market where getting a good sci movie is really really rare. I gave this movie a 10 here because I saw some really ignorant and biased negative reviews. I think this movie deserves at solid objective 8/10 and me as a Riddick fan I would give it a 9/10.
  10. Dec 23, 2013
    As a huge Riddick fan I loved this movie from start to finish. Everything about the movie was well done including the design of the new creatures. They should definitely continue this franchise and let us see Riddick reach Furia.
  11. Dec 3, 2013
    Enjoyed it very much. It may not have much of a deep philosophical meaning that professional critics are looking for, but Vin Diesel kicking ass is what I wanted to see and I was not disappointed.
  12. Oct 6, 2013
    totally awesome
    so entertaining, great story, great acting, great screenplay i really liked it action scenes was so original but only i didn't like 30 minute prologue that's why i give 9
  13. Sep 28, 2013
    Riddick was a excellent sci-fi action thriller flim from director david twohy. i saw this on saturday september 21 with my dad it was good movie except their is nudity in the movie which was disturbing, but i did like the aliens in action in the movie.
  14. Sep 24, 2013
    this was a very entertaining and enjoyable movie. especially loved the humor, but the entire setting and atmosphere was great too, just how a movie like this should be. recommended!
  15. Sep 21, 2013
    Of course, Riddick is a good movie. At the beginning this film shows a very good fight for survival, after excellent action scenes, and at last good ending. Not ideal, but very excellent continuation of story of famous and charismatic space prisoner.
  16. Sep 18, 2013
    This easily could be a stand alone film. My grandmother she normally doesn't really go for movies like this but she did and was thoroughly please by it. Also she never watched the first two she went in totally blind. I'll be buying this one.
  17. Sep 17, 2013
    had my attention for the whole movie, so i was entertained so i got value for money. i'm excited because it leaves the door open to find the planet furia, so Vin get to WORK i want to see the next one. Really this type of movie is Sci fi meets alien monsters kill everybody and still be a hero, it aint no great grasby crap.
  18. Sep 13, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The best film I have seen in ages. Proper sci-fi. Loved all the characters. This is very much 3 films in 1. First is an I am Legend survival affair, second Riddick turns predator. The 3rd bit was Pitch Black all over again, but thats what I came to see. Expand
  19. Sep 11, 2013
    This is a blast, up there with the best scifi's over the last few years. The story was solid and the directing was tight. Cast was perfect, and the cgi is right up there. Thoroughly enjoyed this latest Riddick outing, keep making them!
  20. Sep 11, 2013
    I was actually surprised. I mean, I knew it was going to be great, I love the Riddicks and it's universe, but the trailer was only showing an ok movie with good effects and common story. I must say they did a really good jobs on the concept art, the effects, and even the story and the characters (for this kind of movie). It is far more than a fan movie and definitely better than the secondI was actually surprised. I mean, I knew it was going to be great, I love the Riddicks and it's universe, but the trailer was only showing an ok movie with good effects and common story. I must say they did a really good jobs on the concept art, the effects, and even the story and the characters (for this kind of movie). It is far more than a fan movie and definitely better than the second one. Go watch it if you like scifi and action, its definitely worth it.

I don't know where the critics are from (probably not from our generation), but it feels like they go watch a kind of movie they know they don't like and then write a bad review. It's not objective at all.
  21. Sep 9, 2013
    Awesome fun. If you like your comic book sci-fi and loved the original Riddick films, this won't disappoint. A worthy addition to the Riddick universe. I only wished it was longer. Hopefully the directors cut will add an extra scene or two. On the topic of the poor critical reception: it's a shame that critics don't know the market they are supposed to be critiquing for. Thankfully most ofAwesome fun. If you like your comic book sci-fi and loved the original Riddick films, this won't disappoint. A worthy addition to the Riddick universe. I only wished it was longer. Hopefully the directors cut will add an extra scene or two. On the topic of the poor critical reception: it's a shame that critics don't know the market they are supposed to be critiquing for. Thankfully most of us stopped paying attention to their pretentious bullsh1t ages ago. Expand
  22. Sep 9, 2013
    This is Riddick at his finest: not great overarching story, no epic space battles, no inexplicable super powers (unless ass-kickery is a superpower in which case 'game on') people who liked 'Pitch Black' will be thrilled.
  23. Sep 8, 2013
    Understanding what had to happen for this movie to come to be I am very happy. Vin placed his very home on the line to help fund the movie (why it may have not be as big and going to as many different locations as past movies). The fact that studios did not want to make another movie. However, the team pulled it off- its fun, action pack not to over the top and a little bit differentUnderstanding what had to happen for this movie to come to be I am very happy. Vin placed his very home on the line to help fund the movie (why it may have not be as big and going to as many different locations as past movies). The fact that studios did not want to make another movie. However, the team pulled it off- its fun, action pack not to over the top and a little bit different feel as well. I hope I will be able to see the final two movies they have plan to finish up the tale. Expand
  24. Sep 8, 2013
    Please ignore the critics, because they have lost their minds and are just out to ruin movies as of late.

If you watched and liked Pitch Black and The Chronicles of Riddick then you will love this movie! Feels like they took the best of the two prior movies and melded it together. Had the sci-fi horror and the combat style from the second. I wish they did a little more for the

I wish they did a little more for the ending, but it left a great opening for the next Riddick movie to go anywhere they want plot wise.

I took my wife and a few of her friends to see the movie that normally don't like sci-fi movies and they really enjoyed it so do yourself a favor and go see it.
  25. Sep 8, 2013
    I thought it was very well written, with more of the classic BA Riddick. Hope they make another one. I love the Riddick series. Maybe not academy award type stuff, but Vin plays Riddick so good. Total badass.
  26. Sep 8, 2013
    Ignore the mainstream media reviews on this one. They are idiots to rate this so low. This goes along with Man of Steel as one of the year's best films. Entertaining throughout.
  27. Sep 7, 2013
    This is hands down, the best action movie of the last 3 years, and the best movie Vin Diesel has ever made. Sometimes I wonder what these so called "professional" movie critics are smoking. Even my wife who hates these movies was thoroughly entertained from beginning to end. Absolutely fantastic movie, and a brilliant addition to the Riddick story.
  28. Sep 7, 2013
    The critics are soooo wrong on this one it makes me laugh. This was better than Pitch Black, Chronicles of Riddick, and just about any other movie Vin Diesel has made. Of all the summer blockbuster letdowns this was the only thing to deliver and I wasn't even expecting it to. This was hands down the best movie of 2013 so far.
  29. Sep 7, 2013
    What can I say? If you like Riddick, you'll love this movie. Faithful to the character and the universe created by Vin Diesel and David Twohy with a great cast all around. Good work, guys!
  30. Sep 7, 2013
    Thanks bin for making this movie! I thought it was awesome I love the screen time between jordi molla and sackoff molla was actually very funny!!! Minor spoiler: Some of his dialogue was awesome!!! I love the storyline how riddick has to find his animal side again because he got soft!!! The beginning was awesome I loved the whole movie!!! I hope it succeeds so vin can make many more ofThanks bin for making this movie! I thought it was awesome I love the screen time between jordi molla and sackoff molla was actually very funny!!! Minor spoiler: Some of his dialogue was awesome!!! I love the storyline how riddick has to find his animal side again because he got soft!!! The beginning was awesome I loved the whole movie!!! I hope it succeeds so vin can make many more of these. Thanks again vin for listening to the fans and being one of the best actors in Hollywood!!! I hope for many many more of these awesome awesome flicks!!! OMG the rated r rating was also awesome!!!! The gore was fantastic!!!!! Loved it!!! Expand
  31. Sep 6, 2013
    Wow, what a well crafted movie. My only critique is that I was hoping for an even more dramatic ending. If you liked Pitch Black but not Chronicles of Riddick, this is more like a direct sequel to the first movie, but don't worry, they acknowledge the continuity from Chronicles of Riddick very well. Karl Urban! Anyway, it was really good, not for younglings though. Good sci-fi. DieselWow, what a well crafted movie. My only critique is that I was hoping for an even more dramatic ending. If you liked Pitch Black but not Chronicles of Riddick, this is more like a direct sequel to the first movie, but don't worry, they acknowledge the continuity from Chronicles of Riddick very well. Karl Urban! Anyway, it was really good, not for younglings though. Good sci-fi. Diesel and his crew are clearly a devoted fan to Riddick and the genre. Expand
  32. Sep 6, 2013
    Caution, if you don't like action, sci fi or any of the other Riddick movies, then your not going to like this. If you did, then this is a great follow up. Good pacing, good action, more then just the previews and good acting. Also, it was funny at times. Which was a pleasant surprise.
  33. Sep 6, 2013
    I loved it. The CGI was purposeful and well executed (watched it at IMAX) and supported the storyline (really felt an emotional response towards all the creatures that Riddick meets).
    Vin Diesel put in a good performance, as did the rest of the crew (Katee Sackhoff kicks ass), and I loved the small plot twists that bring back the best Riddick moments but also expand the character with subtle emotional outbursts.
    One thing that really surprised me was how funny some scenes where while still keeping the characters and interactions plausible (I laughed out for those scenes, while being on the edge of my seat for most of the movie).
    Some scenes felt slightly too long, but the plot and interactions made common sense from start to finish.
    Hope it does well in cinemas and Vin Diesel is up for a sequel!
  34. Sep 6, 2013
    Great movie and don't mind what the critics say. They movie was a hardcore Sci-fi and action movie and the aliens in it were amazing. The planet they set it on was amazing looking and the story was even better.
  35. Sep 6, 2013
    I saw this at the 8pm Premiere in RPX Regal Theaters. Firs toff, the uptight, liberal and politically correct critics are very wrong about this movie. He plays Riddick as Riddick has always been and it shows how wimpy a socidety we have become for this to "offend" so many delicate sensibilities. You can't go to a Riddick movie and fairly judge it if you are a "The Notebook," type ofI saw this at the 8pm Premiere in RPX Regal Theaters. Firs toff, the uptight, liberal and politically correct critics are very wrong about this movie. He plays Riddick as Riddick has always been and it shows how wimpy a socidety we have become for this to "offend" so many delicate sensibilities. You can't go to a Riddick movie and fairly judge it if you are a "The Notebook," type of person.

This is hardcore SCIFI(thankfully as it has been too long since we have had one), it is Adventure, Action, and even has a bit of comedy. I give it a 10 to offset the pathetic people slamming it because it has too much "machismo."

Put simply, if you enjoyed Pitch Black(especially) as this is more like that) and like the Riddick character, then do yourself a favor and go watch this! If you don't like exciting scenes with monsters, gratuitous violence, men acting like men(hey they even had PC scenes for the feminist crowd- a woman beats a guy down improbably several times, but he really deserved it.

So it is simply, if you like Pitch black, if you like horror, thrillers, scifi, and action then do yourself a favor and go see this. Don't listen to biased critics whose own reviews impeach themselves as being against this movie before they saw it.

I would give this an 8.5 btw and Pitch Black a 9.5 were it not for the horrible and FALSE reviews, so I gave it a 1.05+ to tr and even out these BS reviews.

Thanks to Metacritic though for allowing people to speak out when the critics unfairly target their hated genres/actors, or whatever political beliefs they have that remove all impartiality from their reviews and make it about feminism and such.

To me, this wasn't as good as Pitch Black, but it was GOOD. Remember this too, Vin put his own money on the line because he wanted his fans to have this movie.

A tip: this isn't a spoiler, but hopefully will save you some time: there is nothing after the credits so don't feel stupid like I did and sit there until the credits end. :)

SCIFI IS BACK BABY!!
  36. Sep 6, 2013
    dont believe the critics. They are wrong as often. If u liked part 1 an 2 u will love part 3. Not an academy award candidate but a typical vin diesel riddick and highly entertaining. I luved the movie. go and watch it!

1. Reviewed by: Kyle Smith
    Sep 30, 2013
    The movie jogs along nicely without ever getting a case of the stupids; far from being a bloated “John Carter,” it’s just a pared-down yarn of survival: “Die Hard” on a planet.
  2. Reviewed by: Anthony Lane
    Sep 16, 2013
    And that's it, really: two hours of loneliness, interleaved with havoc. The dialogue has been distilled to expletives and grunts. [16 Sept. 2013, p.74]
  3. Reviewed by: Ty Burr
    Sep 9, 2013
    This is back-to-basics stuff, which turns out to be not such a bad idea.