• Studio: Gkids
  • Release Date: Apr 11, 2014
6.1

1. Jun 17, 2014
    No parent should bring their kid to this irritating horrible film. The music and jokes are painful to listen to, with a story that hardly makes any sense. One of the worst films this year.
  2. Jul 17, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Why the hell everything in this movie's story was happening so fast? The final battle was just so easy without any drama! Jewel's father was like : "who the **** are you Blue" then"thanks for bringing my daughter back" and then "you suck man, so weak and dumb" later "Ok i'll trust your plan, let's save the jungle". And what the **** was happening to Roberto?! He was like "Blue you're so lucky, Jewel's amazing" then he's like "if something happens to you i'll take care of your famly" (that's when i thought that he would want to get rid of Blue) but later he went "Blue's a good guy, i trust him" and at the and, even though everyone thought that he was a true macho "Omg i'm so scared, i'm the only ****in' scared bird out here!". The story was so dumb and fast that i give it a 3/10 because it's stupidity made me laugh and also the songs were the only good part of this animation. Expand
  3. May 1, 2014
    An example of why great movies shouldn't have sequels. This overly boring movie, with dull dialogue, flat jokes and a plot that tries to keep us intrigued, but all that is does is the opposite.
  4. Jun 5, 2014
    A tame and heartwarming story gets absolutely broken with this forced upon movie, adding mostly nothing but bland and boring characters. An excuse for a sequel.
  5. Apr 25, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I gotta admit that I enjoyed the beginning of the movie but as it transitioned to the end the plot was very obscure. Furthermore the characters are very lifeless, in other words there's no clear purpose as to what they should do in the movie compared to the first Rio, except the main characters. The songs were quite enjoying and it shows that it's really for kids.
    If I were to compare to the 1st movie I would say I really enjoyed the 1st because the plot (Blu finding love and learning to fly) was clear and perfectly presented. All the characters supported this plot by helping Blu earn his objective. In the 2nd movie Blu now has a family but it seems that the other birds such as Raphael, Nico, and Pedro have plans of their own and yet they still ride along the movie. Don't forget the antagonist.... which is who exactly, the guy that looks like a white mafian, poor flightless Nigel? If there's going to be a new antagonist in the new movie or an old one rather they should at least focus on how evil the antagonist could be and not easily foiled in just one swoop.
    Finally, this is a family type of movie but sadly the essence of having a family wasn't fully presented. Parents aren't really all mushy to each other, they sometimes argue about sensitive matters and, in worst case scenarios, fight. The stress of being parents wasn't even brought out either. I feel like this movie was meant for kids only and we're expected to just wait for the right time to ask the kids: "Did you like the movie?", not saying that I am a parent.

Overall, I think the entire movie lacks a lot of solid characters and a solid plot. I think this movie was rushed by whoever wrote this story.
  6. Jun 6, 2014
    Events with no purpose, movie doesnt even make sense to my kids, would not reccomend spending your money to watch it, since the plot is repetitive and makes no sense.

1. Reviewed by: Daniel Green
    Apr 18, 2014
    Rio 2's Amazon adventure finds its wings clipped by more tired and unnecessary subplots than you can shake a feather at.
  2. Reviewed by: Drew McWeeny
    Apr 18, 2014
    Rio 2 is a perfect example of franchise maintenance in place of storytelling.
  3. Reviewed by: Louis Black
    Apr 16, 2014
    All singing, all dancing, all color: Rio 2 is a modern, studio animation blockbuster spilling all over the place, rather than arching into the sky.