Rio 2

• Studio: Gkids
  • Release Date: Apr 11, 2014
6.0

1. Jun 17, 2014
    No parent should bring their kid to this irritating horrible film. The music and jokes are painful to listen to, with a story that hardly makes any sense. One of the worst films this year.
  2. Jul 17, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Why the hell everything in this movie's story was happening so fast? The final battle was just so easy without any drama! Jewel's father was like : "who the **** are you Blue" then"thanks for bringing my daughter back" and then "you suck man, so weak and dumb" later "Ok i'll trust your plan, let's save the jungle". And what the **** was happening to Roberto?! He was like "Blue you're so lucky, Jewel's amazing" then he's like "if something happens to you i'll take care of your famly" (that's when i thought that he would want to get rid of Blue) but later he went "Blue's a good guy, i trust him" and at the and, even though everyone thought that he was a true macho "Omg i'm so scared, i'm the only ****in' scared bird out here!". The story was so dumb and fast that i give it a 3/10 because it's stupidity made me laugh and also the songs were the only good part of this animation. Expand
  3. May 1, 2014
    An example of why great movies shouldn't have sequels. This overly boring movie, with dull dialogue, flat jokes and a plot that tries to keep us intrigued, but all that is does is the opposite.
  4. Jun 5, 2014
    A tame and heartwarming story gets absolutely broken with this forced upon movie, adding mostly nothing but bland and boring characters. An excuse for a sequel.
  5. Jun 6, 2014
    Events with no purpose, movie doesnt even make sense to my kids, would not reccomend spending your money to watch it, since the plot is repetitive and makes no sense.
  6. Nov 27, 2014
    I hate whamming on a kids movie but this is a terrible kids movie. It's not that much fun, the characters aren't as interesting as in recent animations and this actually got a sequel before The Incredibles did...what the hell? Years from now if I had to choose between showing my children Rio 2 or Toy Story, I would choose Toy Story because it's a far superior film and it even teaches youI hate whamming on a kids movie but this is a terrible kids movie. It's not that much fun, the characters aren't as interesting as in recent animations and this actually got a sequel before The Incredibles did...what the hell? Years from now if I had to choose between showing my children Rio 2 or Toy Story, I would choose Toy Story because it's a far superior film and it even teaches you about family, friendship and doing the right thing. The worst animation since Ice Age 4. Expand
  7. May 25, 2015
    Rio 2 will appeal to kids but that’s it. As always Blue Sky Studios turns out a sequel that while presenting beautiful animation has weak writing and serves as another soulless cashgrab to serve more intriguing and original projects such as 2015’s Peanuts. Most of the characters from the first film are there, the film tries too hard to be hip from pop songs, to technology, and shoves itsRio 2 will appeal to kids but that’s it. As always Blue Sky Studios turns out a sequel that while presenting beautiful animation has weak writing and serves as another soulless cashgrab to serve more intriguing and original projects such as 2015’s Peanuts. Most of the characters from the first film are there, the film tries too hard to be hip from pop songs, to technology, and shoves its environmental message down your throat. The tagline at the end of the film describes the number of jobs created by this film. While I’m happy tons of people were to find work it’s a shame it wasn’t put to better use as there is a talented team of animators on hand who deserve stronger writing to work with. Doubt parents will hate this as much as me but if you are dragged to this you can sleep through this one. Expand
  8. Oct 14, 2014
    I like the fact that they made something other than more Ice Age, but Rio just doesn't work for me at all, it's still bland, unoriginal, and forgettable. Overall there's nothing interesting about Rio 2 other than the animation is pretty good.

1. Reviewed by: Daniel Green
    Apr 18, 2014
    Rio 2's Amazon adventure finds its wings clipped by more tired and unnecessary subplots than you can shake a feather at.
  2. Reviewed by: Drew McWeeny
    Apr 18, 2014
    Rio 2 is a perfect example of franchise maintenance in place of storytelling.
  3. Reviewed by: Louis Black
    Apr 16, 2014
    All singing, all dancing, all color: Rio 2 is a modern, studio animation blockbuster spilling all over the place, rather than arching into the sky.