• Studio: Gkids
  • Release Date: Apr 11, 2014
6.1

1. Sep 12, 2014
    I wasn't too thrilled with the first Rio, but I certainly expected more than this. It's got the excellent animation and top-notch voice cast that you would expect from a kids movie that's worth seeing nowadays, it's just missing the humor and charm. I'm sure young kids will get more than a few chuckles out of it, but older audiences like myself are better off letting the kids watch thisI wasn't too thrilled with the first Rio, but I certainly expected more than this. It's got the excellent animation and top-notch voice cast that you would expect from a kids movie that's worth seeing nowadays, it's just missing the humor and charm. I'm sure young kids will get more than a few chuckles out of it, but older audiences like myself are better off letting the kids watch this one on their own.

The plot is your standard, predictable, and cliched tale about a son-in-law struggling to connect with his father-in-law. They honestly could have ditched the part of the story involving the humans and the movie would have been better for it. A big part of the first Rio was the musical numbers, however outside of particularly memorable take on "I Will Survive" by Jemaine Clement's "Nigel" they all mostly fall short.

Rio 2 is lacking in a lot of aspects that would have otherwise made this a good animated movie that any member of the family could've enjoyed. I spent the entire movie just wishing it would hurry up and end. This is one strictly for the young ones in your house. Older audiences may want to avoid. My total score is a 4.2/10.
  2. Jul 14, 2014
    Whilst Rio 2 does have its moments of glory, for the most part it is a loud, unfunny, and irritating animation extravaganza which becomes mostly tiresome.
  3. Apr 15, 2014
    What to do if you have not even idea what to do? Answer is just make second part of something.
    Rio the First was a good enough movie, boring enough to see it few times.
    Rio 2 that is movie which was produced to get you r money. High level of stupidity, scientist who will safe our world, bad guys who will ruin our world and so on. I wouldn't recommend this film for watching, that is
    Rio the First was a good enough movie, boring enough to see it few times.
    I wouldn't recommend this film for watching, that is wasting of your time.
  4. Jan 3, 2015
    Bem mediana, a animação está longe de ser legal como a primeira. Mas, ainda não é uma perca total de tempo. Vale a pena assistir apenas para passar o tempo.
  5. Aug 11, 2014
    A dull sequel with a very predictable plot that you can see coming a mile away. A few good songs don't really make up for this. First film was a lot better.
  6. May 19, 2014
    Animation was great and fun to watch. Story line was quite good and the dialogue was good also. I think that this is a good family movie with a lot to offer in the way of entertainment.
  7. Apr 21, 2014
    I loved the first Rio but the sequel is just a convoluted mess of side stories mixed together with the main plot. the animation was a true sight to behold especially in 3D but the humor and personalities of the characters were really dumbed down in comparison to the first with the exception of Nigel. altogether this was very disappointing. Not the worst sequel I've seen but certainlyI loved the first Rio but the sequel is just a convoluted mess of side stories mixed together with the main plot. the animation was a true sight to behold especially in 3D but the humor and personalities of the characters were really dumbed down in comparison to the first with the exception of Nigel. altogether this was very disappointing. Not the worst sequel I've seen but certainly disappointing. Expand
  8. chw
    Sep 14, 2014
    Rio 2 was terrible. There's no story, but that's what happens when you make a sequel, like Grown Ups 2, Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance, and Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome.
  9. Apr 25, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I gotta admit that I enjoyed the beginning of the movie but as it transitioned to the end the plot was very obscure. Furthermore the characters are very lifeless, in other words there's no clear purpose as to what they should do in the movie compared to the first Rio, except the main characters. The songs were quite enjoying and it shows that it's really for kids.
    If I were to compare to the 1st movie I would say I really enjoyed the 1st because the plot (Blu finding love and learning to fly) was clear and perfectly presented. All the characters supported this plot by helping Blu earn his objective. In the 2nd movie Blu now has a family but it seems that the other birds such as Raphael, Nico, and Pedro have plans of their own and yet they still ride along the movie. Don't forget the antagonist.... which is who exactly, the guy that looks like a white mafian, poor flightless Nigel? If there's going to be a new antagonist in the new movie or an old one rather they should at least focus on how evil the antagonist could be and not easily foiled in just one swoop.
    Finally, this is a family type of movie but sadly the essence of having a family wasn't fully presented. Parents aren't really all mushy to each other, they sometimes argue about sensitive matters and, in worst case scenarios, fight. The stress of being parents wasn't even brought out either. I feel like this movie was meant for kids only and we're expected to just wait for the right time to ask the kids: "Did you like the movie?", not saying that I am a parent.

Overall, I think the entire movie lacks a lot of solid characters and a solid plot. I think this movie was rushed by whoever wrote this story.

1. Reviewed by: Daniel Green
    Apr 18, 2014
    Rio 2's Amazon adventure finds its wings clipped by more tired and unnecessary subplots than you can shake a feather at.
  2. Reviewed by: Drew McWeeny
    Apr 18, 2014
    Rio 2 is a perfect example of franchise maintenance in place of storytelling.
  3. Reviewed by: Louis Black
    Apr 16, 2014
    All singing, all dancing, all color: Rio 2 is a modern, studio animation blockbuster spilling all over the place, rather than arching into the sky.