7.3

1. BrandonF.
    Aug 5, 2006
    It wasreally exciting and it was hard to stay in my seat because it had a lot of ation dancing and i liked it a lot.
  2. VictoriaH.
    Jun 21, 2005
    Real good.i wish i was on the movie.
  3. ZakiyaW.
    Nov 29, 2005
    I love "RIZE" cause the way they dance and I love to dance so I really enjoy that movie and R.I.P Quenesha A.K.A Lil Dimples.
  4. RudyF.
    Jan 12, 2006
    I love "Rize"! There is no real plot to the movie based on the fact that it is a documentary. if you dont care about how it changed the inner city and streets of L.A. or just dont believe how it is related to the culture then you don't know anything about the streets. To see how things were changed by dancing instead of guns is remarkable. Even if you dont care about that, the I love "Rize"! There is no real plot to the movie based on the fact that it is a documentary. if you dont care about how it changed the inner city and streets of L.A. or just dont believe how it is related to the culture then you don't know anything about the streets. To see how things were changed by dancing instead of guns is remarkable. Even if you dont care about that, the dancing is amazing. I'll admit the east coast is completely different when they dance, but it's always cool to see different types of dances. If you dont like this movie, you either dont like dancing, don't know anything or know how to dance, and/or don't like to learn about other cultures. Expand
  5. va
    Jul 9, 2005
    A wonderful piece that showcases a slice of life in LA that is both beautiful and sad.
  6. JohnN.
    Jul 28, 2006
    Whoever says Rize, is a complete waste of time. You do not understand what this dance does for L.A and other Gangbanging Cities. Rize introduces a way of not resulting to violence when your mad, but result to dancing. Release all of your anger into the dance, not in the fight.
  7. Amy
    Jun 26, 2005
    Some narration would have been nice, and the film seems somewhat disorganized. Overall, though, it's exhilirating to watch, and the dancing is astounding. Definitely worth the price of a ticket. The images will stay with you.
  8. JakeM-
    Jul 3, 2005
    Not really sure how amp p. reads this as a racist text. It's just way too celebratory, a paen to the power of human movement and true inclusion. But really, it's so visually stunning and at times jawdropping that most of the socio-political stuff fades into the background.
  9. Susan
    Jul 4, 2005
    We liked it. More context would have been good, but the dancing and energy were great! And fun for my daughter and her friend to see kids they knew in the movie.
  10. JeffL
    Jun 29, 2005
    Visually stunning. Always interesting and entertaining. Gives a much needed new perspective about the slums of Los Angeles. (The film is not racist as someone else has commented, but in fact works to break stereotypes).
  11. TheRevolutionWillNotBeDanced
    Jul 1, 2005
    This film is about young people with very little opportunity or material wealth creating a new art form using what they do have: their bodies. It's also about creating an identity outside of gangs, crime and prison. What it is *not* about is how things got so desperate that these were the only choices. That is also a story that deserves to be told, and in fact both stories ought to This film is about young people with very little opportunity or material wealth creating a new art form using what they do have: their bodies. It's also about creating an identity outside of gangs, crime and prison. What it is *not* about is how things got so desperate that these were the only choices. That is also a story that deserves to be told, and in fact both stories ought to be told together. Which is why this film comes off feeling dishonest, as the reviewer from the Chicago Reader has commented here. WIthout that context, violence in the community appears on screen like some mysterious, tragic force of nature, instead of being seen as the result of very deliberate policies that consign entire communities to hopelessness, joblessness and jail. Expand
  12. BillP.
    Jul 6, 2005
    The movie was unorganized but riveting. I don't believe for 1 second that dancing to this extent has helped the inner city kids and that Tommy the Clown is a joke. He's fake and owes a lot of people. He's no role model to anyone. Fake Fake Fake.
  13. ampp.
    Jun 25, 2005
    This movie is rediculously racist and it makes me sick to my stomach that people will watch this and view black people this way.
  14. MartinS.
    Jul 3, 2005
    Do not watch this, it very boring.
    Oct 26, 2006
    This was one of the worst films I have seen in years! They look like dancing chickens!

1. As long as it showcases the art of krump, underscoring the dancers with ominous hip-hop beats, Rize is such a vibrant eruption of motion and attitude that you can forgive the film for being disorganized and too skimpy on street-dance history.
  2. Reviewed by: Bob Westal
    It's the speed and intensity that makes the dance style remarkable.
    There's no way to take your eyes off it.