6.4

1. Feb 12, 2014
    The original "Robocop" has been an instant classic and a favorite to almost all people. in reference to the remake, it is pretty decent and worth a watch; it is a refreshing look at one of the best, not disappointing but in fact more than pleasing with a surprisingly a strong re-watchable value to it.
  2. Feb 12, 2014
    Very good movie! Great special effects and good play actors. Oldman is very good actor. Much better than I expected. I can't help but feel that some of the less than positive reviews are because of unfavourable comparisons with the original which is unfair because in many ways this is a better movie than the original.
  3. Feb 12, 2014
    Saw it today and thought it was great! The crowd seemed to enjoy it too. Calling it the worst him you seen, not as good as the first, degraded cast etc is such B.S. Im sure you all have favorite movies or tv games. If you look at the reviews theres always people giving anything a bad score. Take everything by a grain of salt. Some people are just miserable souls that get off putting down movies. Whatever the case the story, casting (especially Samsual L jackson) and action was great. Expand
  4. Feb 13, 2014
    A much needed reboot of the Robocop franchise! The original Robocop is a classic, yet this remake/reboot stands on it's own. Great plot, great acting, plenty of action. It's good that the campy crap from part 2 and 3 was thrown out in exchange for a deep, rich screenplay.
  5. Feb 12, 2014
    This film is really good. My expectations were low but I think Padilha did an excellent job on inserting some "soul" in the film, that is not just action. The characters are very well chosen, the action scenes (not many action scenes as I was expecting) were good scripted and the lack of stupid jokes we have seen constantly in the films nowadays is an excellent addition.
  6. Feb 13, 2014
    Not sure whether it's because I am a science worker or that I praise human life and family values pretty much this movie was a huge positive to me. It dealt with many particular issues in a very direct manner. It seems to be a harbinger of something bigger not only in the cinematography.
  7. Feb 12, 2014
    Loved the movie. Great actors. a Fresh new storyline which in my opinion was really needed. Just enough action scenes and very emotional at the same time.
  8. Feb 13, 2014
    Pretty darn good. Exceeded expectations and never got the feel they were just pandering to the audience. Definitely worth a theater view; you'll be entertained!
  9. Feb 14, 2014
    I think this movie is being very much underrated. While it's true the original Robocop is a better film overall, this new version is definitely worth seeing. It's a beautifully shot, well acted bit of thought provoking Sci-fi.

Just wish that had but a little more dark humor into it.
  10. Feb 13, 2014
    Let,s just start by saying my expectations were really low since 'am a fan from the original trilogy (exept 3rd one that wasn't really good) and I was pretty suprised of how they totally regenerate the franchise^^.Of course, the movie should had been at least an hour longer since they had to ''compress'' the story in a lil less than 2 hours, BUT they give Alex a more ''human side'' than in the originals, because I remember when i was a kid I always ask myself; why don't he just go see his god d*** family to told them he is still ''alive'' and i was pretty happy that they add this side of his life once he turn a robot..It just make more sense to me.Action side it is full of it, he can finally run/jump, which I find more appealing/appropriate for an advanced rebot like this.The Only down side of this movie is that it's really too short, if they had a bigger budget they could have easily elaborated the story. BUT, since i fugure it's only the first one of a new departure in Robocop movies, I just hope people won't listen to most of the bad ''official reviews'' out there, because they were obviously expecting a remake instead of a ''fresh new start'' for this franchise.I would rate it 8 out of 10 but i put a 10 just to balance the bad reviews out there,that I think they are totally unfair.Great movie, really entertaining, already waiting for the sequel. Expand
  11. Feb 15, 2014
    A very good action movie with a decent amount of commentary and discussion about the state of the world… I would give a solid 8 to 9 this movie, but I'll give a 10 just to counter-balance the jerks who gave it zero for absolute no reason. Let the original RoboCop stay where it belongs, as an eighties classic and give a chance to this one!
  12. Feb 16, 2014
    Went to go see this movie last night, and all I have to say is wow. Great remake of the original Robocop 1987. I'm a long time fan of the first two films back in the day and I wasn't sure if this would live up to the original, but it did and even made a name for its self. It had everything from action, very fast paced and alot of emotion and a very well placed cast. I give it a 10/10 Must See!
  13. Feb 16, 2014
    Thought it was a very well made remake, adding it's own take to the story and becoming quite a charming movie on its own. Making nods to the original perfectly. There were many parallels towards the original, and showing you new and horrible views on what it really would be like to put someone in a suit like that. Literally stripping him of his humanity at some points. Great stuff. Go in with a positive mind and partially wipe yourself of the older movies. Take your own ride along with the movie. Expand
  14. Feb 17, 2014
    I found this to be a bold new reimagining that made references to the original but was not bound by it. It had great performances all around and it was a fun ride that left me wanting a sequel. I liked Kinneman in the lead role and The suits and effects worked well.

My only gripe would be that there was no central villain that carried the plot. ED 209 is more of a side-note than an
    actual dangerous adversary. The gun runner that tried to kill Murphy had no real development, and Keaton's character should have be demonized more. That was one of the great things that the original did so well... Bottiker tossing Bobby at the cop car in '84 for example has more villainous development in less than a minute than this film had in 2 hours. I do like how the both the original and this film both offer views of how corporations are thought of in their respective time periods.

It does not matter that this film received the PG-13 rating vs R. Sure they could have splashed more needless gore and violence in there to Verehoven-ize it, but would that have given it any more heart? As an origin piece I found that it worked extremely well, but I hope that Robo has a more cohesive hero story and adversary should a sequel come to light.
  15. X0R
    Feb 16, 2014
    Many reviews so far have trashed the new Robocop remake, I had low expectations going in. This version though is so much better than the dated 1987 cheesy original version, better actors, story is greatly improved and has a realistic believability that Hollywood skips on movies that are targeted at the 15-25 year old age group. Comparing the original versus this remake isn't really apples-to-apples, the remake has a consistent storyline focus, great acting -- and thankfully, doesn't rely on cliches in the dialogue/script. I understand why people still like the original, but 75% of remakes nowadays are complete junk, this one is actually a gem.

So I can see that if you're a consumer that doesn't have an open mind to a film that has had quality control and careful thought put into it, you'll be insulted by this new version - and if that's the case, you've got more problems than just being disgruntled that you weren't spoon fed the same velveeta cheesedik entertainment that Hollywood generally wants you to consume.
  16. Feb 18, 2014
    Simply amazing¡¡ the story is a little bit different from the original one but the idea was good in every single aspect , i give it a 10 because it deserved it and i was a waiting for a really good remake of this movie I've always been a huge fan since i was a little kid, there definitely has to be a precuel.
  17. Aug 16, 2014
    A great remake of a classic movie, that many of us grew up with. Robocop stays true to it's predecessors while still making the movie it's own.

It includes a interesting and in-depth explication of Murphy's back story, while adding an interesting twist to the entire cooperation, it's intent and inner workings.

Once and awhile the movie is a little slow, but never enough to make you
    want to shut the movie off. Expand
  18. Feb 23, 2014
    The movie was awesome. It's very different from the original and so good in it's own way that compare it to the original makes no sense. Great cast, it has a focus on the story, drama and science fiction. Action scenes are great too, with CGI only on the robots, it's not like the actions scenes of Iron Man. The movie is different and have no gore, but it has a lot of impactating scenes even with no gore, and this is even better. All the suits are great, even the black suit, and Robocop is kick-ass in the police department! Expand
  19. Feb 25, 2014
    The new Robocop is placed in a real world. The corruption of the government and police makes a perfect background for this new and outstanding vision of Robocop.
  20. Feb 23, 2014
    Robocop is a remake of Paul Verhoeven's 1987 classic robocop.The story once again focuses on Alex Murphy ,an honest cop and loving husband,as he is critically injured in the line of duty,the milion dollar company omnicorp,sees the opportunity to revive Alex Murphy ,and put him in a robotic suit,enabeling him to bring justice to the city more swiftly and accurately.

Honestly when i saw
    the trailers,i actually had high hopes for it,after all DREDD 3D ,proved that remakes can be better than the originals.Robocop is directed by Jose Padilha,who directed 2 briliant elite squad movies,which i love,and after watching them the second time my expectations rose even higher,and i am glad to say that the movie lived up to them.

The story this time had a lot more political edge to them showing viewers,the advanteges and disadvanteges of drone use in war-torn countries ,but also in native countries.Joel kinnaman plays Alex Murphy really well,he is no Peter Weller,though for a movie that's as different as this one it makes sense ,the story itself is both notebly simmilar ,but different enough to have something of it's own ,for example in the original movie after Alex gets revived as robocop he doesnt remember anything here he does,where as in the first he was trying to find out what it was like to be human ,here Alex Murphy finds out what its like to be a robot ,how to deal with the suit ,the family ,people around you and trying to find the place in the world.Although without any spoilers ,something happens towards the very end that brings it back to the original ,where Alex looses his humanity once again,which feels like you walked around a big circle and came to the same place.

As far as the action and throwbacks go ,there is plenty here. From tazer gun emerging robocop's leg,to the use of that classic revamped theme that gave me goosebumps in the beggining and brought and immediate smile to my face,Jose Padilha even cared as much as to make ED-209s say :YOU NOW HAVE 5 SECONDS TO COMPLY;or Alex Murphy say :THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION.all those effective nods make you feel like they actually gave a **** about the original.

And at last the action,now the original robocop was known for hardcore rated-R action,that blew my mind as a kid,this one is PG-13,my god ,i don't give a **** because it's still FREAKING AWESOME,seriously why complain about gore and violence ,when you have a badass robocop kicking 3 ED-209s ass ,at the same time or neutralizing 54 robotic drones,in a field test,while being backed up by the kick-ass soundtrack from focus-hocus pocus,which was a badass scene itself,the only action scene i didn't like was the dark room section where he puts on thermal optics to kill human targets,anyone who has seen the movie nows what i am talking about.

As it stands robocop,is a different kind of animal from the original it provides a deep human story,like the original,respects it in some ways,shows satisfying action and ultimately shows that its not neccessary for a remake to be totally like the original for it to be good.

p.s that black suit is pretty cool too.
  21. Feb 23, 2014
    Great movie! Another way to see a killer machine like Robocop. I loves to see Alex without armor, clearing showing the psicological stress of him, and also helping the build of the person/Robot that is Robocop. Not only a machine without feeling blowing heads everywhere.
  22. Mar 5, 2014
    I thoroughly enjoyed watching Robocop. It was an awesome amazing action packed movie. I really enjoyed Abbie Cornish's portrayal of Clara Murphy. It was a great movie.
  23. Mar 11, 2014
    Loved this movie. Pays homage to the original without copying too much and follows an original storyline which I liked a lot. Great action/SFX and acting. Only docked one point cos it takes a while to get to get going. Highly recommended.
  24. chw
    Jul 17, 2014
    The new RoboCop was just as good as the original RoboCop in my opinion, although this one had better effects which made it more badass and people I actually knew.
  25. Mar 25, 2014
    Robocop was directed by a Brazilian company that makes a good action movie with good story, script more or less, and special effect but not excellent've seen better'll hit more with the idea that it passes.
  26. May 23, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Defiantly an underrated movie! I gave this movie a ten to help balance out all the overly negative reviews influenced by fanboyism of the original. I think this movie deserves a solid 8. It has it's pros and cons like any other movie. I'll start with the bad first.

One thing many others noticed about this movie is the lack of a clear villain. The inside job arc with Anton the weapons dealer starts OK with the build up but ends pretty weak, with him being unceremoniously killed off in a gunfight. I did like how it lead to uncovering corruption in the police force, but overall it wasn't built up too well. Then it changed gears and painted the CEO of Omnicorp as a bad guy. It was clear he was a scumbag from the start, however his ultimate fate sends mixed messages. It appears as if Robocop has killed him in the end, but was his rampage really justified? I believe it would have been better if they either made him more of a villain instead of a petty **** or dealt with his attempted murder differently. The in between treatment just doesn't work. He's not evil enough to warrent death, but enough of an **** that viewers feel something must be done. It leads the ultimate ending unsatisfying. The actions scenes did shake a bit too much.

Despite the above flaws, Robocop is still a very entertaining watch. It does more right than wrong. First I really enjoyed seeing the robotic side of Robocop. They attempted to add a bit of "hard sci-fi" to Robocop instead of just making him run on mysterious magic technology. The way they "fed" him and choose which "parts to keep" made a twisted kind of sense. All the simulations and HUD data was also very entertaining to see. It gave Robocop a very robotic feel haha. Also the CGI actions scenes were fun to watch. This Robocop is a lot more fluid then his original. Although there is a complaint I have to make. Since they went the "hard sci-fi" route with Robocop, they should have went all the way. There were some scenes where he magically overcomes his programing and no explanation whatsoever is given. The characters themselves litterally had no idea! That's a huge cop out considering how much detail they went into about his creation and programing. It would be a lot more satisfying if they gave a token scientific explanation and tied in with Robocop's human side overcoming his machine side. It would also give the movie a clearer message.

Overall this was a pretty good movie. It works as a modern film remake of an original. It isn't going to be a classic, but it does stand pretty well on it's own despite what angry fans of the original tell you.

1. Reviewed by: Ian Buckwalter
    Feb 14, 2014
    It's well made, polished, and hits every mark — but is it crazy to want a futuristic sci-fi action flick about a motorcycle-riding metal supercop to be just a little more fun?
  2. Reviewed by: Peter Travers
    Feb 14, 2014
    Brazilian director José Padilha (Elite Squad, Bus 174) soldiers on stolidly, but lacks the Dutch Verheoeven's abiding sense of mischief.
  3. Reviewed by: Dana Stevens
    Feb 13, 2014
    Neither Alex Murphy’s internal moral conflict nor the larger, vaguely satiric portrait of a global culture dependent on high-tech law enforcement seem to be the main point of this Robocop remake, which raises the question of what is meant to be the point.