6.4

1. Sep 2, 2014
    In short: nothing special. I didn't see a point to rework original movie. This film does not bring anything new. This is just one more action movie - same as hundreds of such kind.
  2. Sep 2, 2014
    "Dead or alive, you're coming with me." - Robocop

I saw the first movie when I was a little kid.In the first film was more actiune.In film dominates CGI / Special Effects.However, it is a good movie, acceptable. If you liked the old one, it is possible to like and it.
  3. Aug 26, 2014
    RoboCop is a classic franchise that has survived the test of time that Hollywood believed it needed a reboot. Entertaining but with a PG-13 rating, it misses the edginess of the original. Easily forgettable.
  4. Aug 19, 2014
    While I did enjoy this movie I didn't think it measured up to the original. The action scenes were good but seemed somehow muted. I don't like some of the updates they made. I prefer the original silver suit he wore as opposed to the black one in this movie. Also the voice was very fitting in the first one but his voice in this one just didn't fit as well. I thought the acting was great and the storyline good. I gave this movie a 7 out of 10. Expand
  5. Aug 16, 2014
    A great remake of a classic movie, that many of us grew up with. Robocop stays true to it's predecessors while still making the movie it's own.

It includes a interesting and in-depth explication of Murphy's back story, while adding an interesting twist to the entire cooperation, it's intent and inner workings.

Once and awhile the movie is a little slow, but never enough to make you
    want to shut the movie off. Expand
  6. Aug 15, 2014
    I like the different angle for this robot story. It adds a lot of human perspective, not just shooting.
    Also, i can see different characters surrounding this "almost" robot. Therefore, i enjoy watching this movie.
  7. Aug 12, 2014
    I actually liked this film as it focused more in depth of psychological pressure of what's left of the man in machine more than the cheesy but fun dark humor of the original first two films.

I think the naysayers missed the point of this reboot it dared and had to be different from the first films or it would be nothing more than a stale cut, copy and paste.
  8. Aug 11, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. the list of the things I hated... the suit being black, the motorcycle scenes reminded me of the not too distant T mobile commercials... and then again the new batman movies ...hey the suit being black also is like a lets steel from batman... me connecting the dots.., oh well back to what I hate about it, the floating Adams family hand [that for some reason has not deteriorated yet], literally I laughed when I saw it, the fact that he has no prime directives, no real bad guy to speak of,[sorry Michal Keaton I love your other work.], also Murphy's character has a bad personality,his wife and kid are given poor dialog in the movie but the acting was okay, I think I also felt a lot of iron man here too, why cant they just do something original to the series in here...other then the ed209s, I can't really recommend this movie it 's not a good movie compared to what we could have had here.

The things that made the original robocop was... among other things his trademark chrome and black suit, and because of it's absence through most of the movie, I think the movie could be easily mistaken for many other films in todays cluttered market, this could be batman movie, it could be an iron man movie, it could even be a T mobile commercial... but I digress if you like this movie I apologize for my harsh criticism It just was not for me. some people really liked this movie, but I have the right to my own opinion and while I respect all your opinions I cant say this film was really enjoyable for me, but then again you might like it, so don't skip it just because I say so, watch it and make a post on here of what you thought.
    Thanks for your time.
  9. Aug 8, 2014
    Robocop ofrece una historia interesante al público, que al principio mis expectativas eran un poco bajas (tampoco tanto) pero después de ver el film resulto ser algo mejor.
  10. Aug 4, 2014
    This rebooted Robocop is actually a lot better than I thought it would be. I imagined a Transformer-like CGI driven mess but, thankfully, I was off the mark on that one. Robocop was in fact a thoughtful, interesting re-imagining with some nice things done with the titular hero's family life. Is it as good as the original? Not a chance, but it was still pretty good.
  11. Aug 1, 2014
    Look, it's Robocop, so if you expected anything better than this, blame yourself. This was a relatively average movie, with average acting, even from some greats, and an average script. It was Robocop as you'd expect it to be. AVERAGE
  12. Jul 28, 2014
    What stars as a very interesting character and could have turned into a very slick and cool action film quickly evolves into a canny remake remake that had me checking my watch every couple of minutes to see when it was going to end!
  13. Jul 28, 2014
    The movie is good in my opinion, lots of action and good CGI. However in terms of story and plot I feel the movie is somehow lacking, maybe its the sudden cuts inbetween situations which end rather abruptly or the fact the movie lacks the "feel" of the first.

I think its the lack of character depth which spoils the movie from being just another action flick to one I will watch time and
    time again, robocop himself is not a "machine" as in the first movie but basically a cyborg with a completely grounded human element.
    whereas in the original movie he was "born" a machine and most of the movie was based on him finding his missing human element In this installment the main point of the film seems to be robo battles with very little if any depth to of the characters, they tried I give them that, but the main focus was solely on action as any scenes dealing with "emotion" were quickly interrupted by a hail of bullets and fire.

Its a good one to watch on a weekend for the battles but for any meaningful story give it a miss.
  14. Jul 28, 2014
    Net bir şekilde beğenmedim. eski filmle karşılaştırınca ; hem görsel efektler hem de gerçek hayattaki teknolojinin ilerlediğini düşünerek eski filmi de potansiyelin çok altında bulduğum için daha iyi olur diye düşünmüştüm fakat olmadı, olamadı. Ne eksik bilmiyorum ama can sıkıntısı içinde geçen 2 saat ve filmin sonunu zor getirdim. açıkçası birçok yönden eski dizisini bile arattı halbuki ne iyi bir cast var filmde, yazık olmuş... Expand
  15. Jul 26, 2014
    Very average movie, hoped with modern special effects this update would be more epic then I remembered the first being. I was very disappointed with the overall movie, it just wasn't very entertaining.
  16. Jul 22, 2014
    Pretty, yet hollow.
    Great CGI and action. Nothing to complain about, yet why spend all that money on a reboot that offers nothing new to the story? The tech and the action are all light years above the previous iteration, and from a superficial viewpoint it contains so many pretty gizmos that all but the most ADHD prone will remain attentive.
  17. Jul 21, 2014
    Chances are if you saw the Original RoboCop with Peter Weller in the Movie Theater, like me, you were pretty blown away by it... It's nice that they are 'trying' to bring it back... this one isn't that bad but the wife and kid are still around, and those 4 bad guys in the original film aren't around. Remember that line? "Can you fly, Bobby!" Michael Keaton is in it, and I haven't seen him in a movie since Batman, although I did see him once about 15 years ago at My Neighborhood Ralphs.

VERDICT: STREAMLINED/55 OUT OF 100
  18. chw
    Jul 17, 2014
    The new RoboCop was just as good as the original RoboCop in my opinion, although this one had better effects which made it more badass and people I actually knew.
  19. Jul 14, 2014
    Whilst it was far better than originally anticipated, RoboCop still suffers from a thin script, wooden acting, poor chemistry, and is quite frankly, boring.
  20. Jul 4, 2014
    I've never watched the original RoboCop, but like many I know how loved it is by those who have experienced it. Whether or not this new RoboCop lives up to the old is something I do not know, but I can tell you despite some impressive aspects I feel this movie falls short. The plot features entertaining back and forth political maneuvering between certain characters as well as some good social commentary. However it all falls short thanks to how simple and under delivered it's morals are. At the very least though this allows Samuel Jackson to play a character who steals the show every time he comes on screen.

The real downfall of the movie is how little action there is in it. The action is well shot and mostly entertaining, there's just too little of it which leaves to a rather dry feeling movie. I do see potential in this new RoboCop, and hope if there's a sequel that things will be done right. With more action of a higher quality and some tighter plot elements this could have been something really great. Sadly I found myself wishing for more throughout the entire film. It's not bad, just lackluster. Still turned out better than I was expecting though. My total score is a 5.8/10=Mediocre.
  21. Jun 30, 2014
    Unique and eventful, those two words truly represents what RoboCop is.
    I was surprised that this movie didn't suck so much as i thought would do, because the actors are very good and there are good amounts of sci-fi and action in this movie. But the story in RoboCop really is weird, and combined with the awful SFX and the worst ending ever, isn't it as great at all.

RoboCop might not
    be highly rated, but it's still a cool (and weird) movie.

RoboCop gets a 6,5/10
  22. Jun 29, 2014
    Okay, so I finally sat down and watched the new Robocop and it was a waste of time. First, I love the original Robocop and it's first sequel, but I couldn't let those two facts play into my viewing of this movie. I wanted to take it on it's own merit. It starts off alright we see the US in Iran with drones, one of them being ED-209 from the original, we get some decent action topped off with what's supposed to be a shock moment then we move into Detroit. This is where the movie begins to fall apart for me. The big argument as to why they need a Robocop is because Detroit is plagued by crime, yet in the scenes of Detroit they show us the city looks like it's doing great. The sun is always shining, there's no visible urban decay, we get no shots of random crimes or violence. The most we get is a scene where we're introduced to Alex Murphy and his partner undercover buying rifles from some guy. Hell, the film crew could've just drove around real life Detroit and captured all the decay and violence they needed without having to resort to sets. Everything just seemed too clean and okay, that also goes for the police station Alex worked in. For a city laid to waste by crime the police station seems quite enough to be a station in Podunk, Iowa. There were no shots of other officers bringing in gang members or hookers, there were no citizens damanding the police do something about the crime in their neighborhoods. Again, Detroit just seem like an ideal place to live in this movie, thus eliminating the need for Robocop. As for the actors in this movie only Gary Oldman and Michael Keaton are worth mentioning. The guy playing Murphy is bad, his wife and child are horrible actors, if we can't connect to Murphy then we're just watching a tin man ride around and pout. And yes I said pout, Robo seems to do a lot of that in this movie. I get it being turned into a machine would suck for some people, but you're a cop who's just been turned into a superhero, you're not confined to a wheelchair or stuck in a bed for the rest of your life. Robo cries about this to and beyond the point of annoyance add together the scenes of awkward interaction with his dull family and you'll be letting out tons of yawns. The supporting cast outside of Oldman and Keaton are 100% forgettable, aside from knowing Murphy's partners name none of these characters stick in your head. Now on to the effects, while good for the most part some shots made me feel like I should have been pressing "A" to skip. Since this is the future we have to see people using float screens and being able to control and manipulate them by waving their hands. There are humanoid drones who react better than humans and every aspect of life seems to be captured by CCTV cameras. It was hard to suspense disbelief since they only set this movie in 2028. It would be a little more believeable if it was set in say 2050 or higher. And since cameras are everywhere doesn't it seem difficult to pull off crimes if you're being watched in nearly every place you're in, thus eliminating the need for Robocop. Just watch what people are doing on the cameras and send police to the scene since you're watching a crime in progress. Also we're shown this exoskeleton worn by military to help on the battlefield, I'm assuming it makes you a little faster and stronger so why didn't they just take that put some light armor plating on it and give it to the police? Thus eliminating the need for Robocop since you can give officers the gear to make them stronger and tougher than the criminals. Robocop almost doesn't make sense in his own world in this movie, if you wanted to put a machine on the streets of America so your evil company can make more money you've already proven you can make the exoskeleton, so why make Robocop and go through all the hassles. The story is dull and predictable too since a multi-billion dollar company is involved you know they're going to be the final bad guy, it just takes so long for the movie to get to the point where Robo brings down said company your just glad it's over. And that's how I felt once the credits started I was glad it was over. This could've been a good action movie, but there's so many boring scenes and even the action scenes seem tame. Like something pulled from a video game cutscene. As it stands on it's own Robocop 2014 is dull and boring, as part of the Robocop line it's worse than Robocop 3. At least that movie is so bad it'll have you laughing. Expand
  23. Jun 24, 2014
    This movie reminds me a lot of Terminator: Salvation. While they are both good movies, it feels like the people making them thought that they were better than they actually were. What I mean by this is that the whole "what makes us human?" plot is WAY too heavy handed and while I appreciate what they were going for, I don't watch a movie called Robocop to think about huge moral dilemmas when I walk out. Still, I was able to look past that and find a very enjoyable, though somewhat sloppily paced, action movie. Expand
  24. Jun 11, 2014
    Unfortunately this rebooted version of the 1980's classic, Robocop, was the exact opposite in every way. In the original, the plot and the characters were fantastic but the direction and effects were plagued with the typical 80's garbage that ruined so many potentially great films of that decade. This movie had decent effects and improved acting, at least from Abbie Cornish, who delivered a great performance, and Michael Keaton, but they ruined what made the plot fantastic. Ultimately, a great story with terrible acting and effects will always be better than a horrible story with fancy editing. Overall I was very disappointed. Expand
  25. Jun 7, 2014
    RoboCop might have cool visual effects and some decent social commentary but is however hampered down by its dullness, weak plot and lack of substance.
  26. Jun 5, 2014
    The worst thing about this movie, is the editing! it does NOT flow, it hard too watch. 2nd, the director is awful as well. the movie half way through is alright, but then its garbage! so sad! Makes the orginal look like a classic!
  27. Jun 3, 2014
    It's hard to top the original Robocop, and I didn't expect this movie to do so. I think it certainly falls flat in certain areas. It does, however, in my opinion, deserve the RoboCop title and is a worthy remake in it's own right. Is it better than the original? No. Is it a movie worthy to watch? I would think so.

The movie is good to look at; the concept of having a man in a
    machine is always intriguing; Robocop's new look is fairly decent; and overall the movie is packed with enough action to keep you entertained.

What the movie seriously lacks, however, is coherent storytelling. It's really hard to anchor down an antagonist, and at times, it's hard to have much affinity for Robocop because most of the characters drawn out in this movie are two dimensional. It's hard to find motive from the bad guys, it's hard to find reason behind the actions of several key players in the movie. There were very few moments where I felt like Robocop was challenged. Many of the major plot points seem forced. The inevitable victory of Robocop over the "bad guys" seems stale. This movie had so much potential, if only it were written a little more coherently.

With all that is said though, this new Robocop is a fun movie to watch. Like Pacific Rim, it doesn't really need to make too much sense--it only needs badass robots, cool graphics, and battles everywhere.
  28. Jun 3, 2014
    Let's get this out of the way: I expect to be thoroughly entertained, in one way or another, by every film I see. Unless it directly states an ulterior motive at the onset, I want to be moved on my way out of the theater or after ejecting the DVD in a way I wasn't before I watched the film.

Now, in regards to RoboCop, I expected to at least be as happy with the results as I was with the
    first two, Peter Weller installations. The trailers for this film made this look unlikely, but I wasn't going to be deterred. I'm glad I wasn't.

This film is far from bad. But it is disappointing. With a strong cast (and one of Gary Oldman's best roles in recent memory), more might have been done. That would have necessitated some fleshing out of the script, more intensive relationships between Murphy and those close to him, etc. As it ended up, I enjoyed myself, but was left wanting something else. A weird combination, but an all too common one with major Hollywood productions.

Those who saw and enjoyed the WellerCop films, you'll enjoy this. You might end up wanting more, as I did, but enjoy it you will. You already know the bar wasn't set terribly high to begin with. Those who are virgins to the franchise, start from the beginning and then compare and contrast the old and the new. You don't want to start here. You almost need the plot of the originals to understand how today's technology could lead to that of this film. That, and to understand some of the clever homages to the originals, little treats that definitely made for enjoyable moments.
  29. May 31, 2014
    This movie was semi-decent. The action sequences were good but I'm still questioning some of the plot decisions they took. Gary Oldman and Michael Keaton do the best with what they were given. It is what it is...an action movie.
  30. May 30, 2014
    Not equal to the original, but surprisingly, one of the better adaptation of 80's classic we've seen so far. The secret..it stays true to the spirit of the original while adding new things of its own. Some great supporting casts from Keaton and the ever reliable Samuel Jackson helps.

1. Reviewed by: Ian Buckwalter
    Feb 14, 2014
    It's well made, polished, and hits every mark — but is it crazy to want a futuristic sci-fi action flick about a motorcycle-riding metal supercop to be just a little more fun?
  2. Reviewed by: Peter Travers
    Feb 14, 2014
    Brazilian director José Padilha (Elite Squad, Bus 174) soldiers on stolidly, but lacks the Dutch Verheoeven's abiding sense of mischief.
  3. Reviewed by: Dana Stevens
    Feb 13, 2014
    Neither Alex Murphy’s internal moral conflict nor the larger, vaguely satiric portrait of a global culture dependent on high-tech law enforcement seem to be the main point of this Robocop remake, which raises the question of what is meant to be the point.