6.3

1. Feb 28, 2015
    Adds nothing new that warrants a reboot. CGI is more polished, but the movie offers little drama or suspension. Sadly, as I have been hoping for a reboot for a very long time. But the old Alex Murphy sells it better, and the dystopian scifi setting of the original movies don't seem to follow into the reboot. Part of the old Robocop series' magic was seeing how this grim and hopelessAdds nothing new that warrants a reboot. CGI is more polished, but the movie offers little drama or suspension. Sadly, as I have been hoping for a reboot for a very long time. But the old Alex Murphy sells it better, and the dystopian scifi setting of the original movies don't seem to follow into the reboot. Part of the old Robocop series' magic was seeing how this grim and hopeless civilization survived itself.
    In short, this movie is 'okay', but in no way outstanding.
  2. Feb 21, 2015
    A great reimagining of the original classic. There are a few head-scratching departures from the original (particularly Murphy's "death" scene and the decision to go for PG-13 rather than R) and far too little screen-time for Murphy's partner played by Michael "Omar" Williams, but this is a great action flick in the vein of Dredd and The Raid. RoboCop is fast-paced without feeling rushed,A great reimagining of the original classic. There are a few head-scratching departures from the original (particularly Murphy's "death" scene and the decision to go for PG-13 rather than R) and far too little screen-time for Murphy's partner played by Michael "Omar" Williams, but this is a great action flick in the vein of Dredd and The Raid. RoboCop is fast-paced without feeling rushed, and the cast is fantastic, especially Jackie Haley, Michael Keaton, and Gary Oldman. RoboCop himself isn't stellar but he gets the job done. Overall I was totally misled by the critics and blogosphere who tried to cast this as an empty action romp. RoboCop has as much brains and heart as any other action movie in the past few years. Expand
  3. WJS
    Feb 6, 2015
    This film looks great and is quite well acted; in fact it's far superior to the original in almost every way, except it lacks any sense of humour or satire, which really made the original stand out. Also, the language and violence have been really toned down, which makes this version seem sanitized.
  4. Feb 3, 2015
    I watched this movie and I feel dead inside. How can someone make this kind of crap?
    What's wrong with people? Why would you expose people to this kind of horror?
    Avoid at all costs. If you need to see a robocop movie, just get the original. And stay away from sequels or reboot. I rather have a laser pointer pointed to my eye than watch it again.
  5. Jan 4, 2015
    There are enough good ideas floating around that you can see why a modern updating is a good idea, but unfortunately not much is made of them and the rest of the movie is impersonal and generic. I like the idea of Joel Kinnaman in this, but I'm not sure he was quite right for the role.
  6. Jan 3, 2015
    Não chega perto do clássico de 1987, mas vale a pena ver como um filme qualquer de ação. Algumas coisas não funcionaram como O ROBOCOP. Mas funciona legal como filme genérico de ação.
  7. Jan 2, 2015
    این فیلم بسیار فیلم زیبا و سرگرم کننده ایه و کار خودشو به بهترین شکل انجام میده،هین فیلم تکشن زیبایی دارد ولی فیلمنامه فیلم مشکلات جزیی دارد مثلا وقتی بدنشو به اون روبات چسبوندن فیلم خیلی کم و ناچیز به سمت این میرود که چرا این اتفاق افتاده و داستان را ناقص میکند.درکل فیلم فیلم بسیار قوی و خوبی است که گرچه به پای نسخه اول خود نمیرسد ولی در کل فیلم قوی استاین فیلم بسیار فیلم زیبا و سرگرم کننده ایه و کار خودشو به بهترین شکل انجام میده،هین فیلم تکشن زیبایی دارد ولی فیلمنامه فیلم مشکلات جزیی دارد مثلا وقتی بدنشو به اون روبات چسبوندن فیلم خیلی کم و ناچیز به سمت این میرود که چرا این اتفاق افتاده و داستان را ناقص میکند.درکل فیلم فیلم بسیار قوی و خوبی است که گرچه به پای نسخه اول خود نمیرسد ولی در کل فیلم قوی است
  8. Dec 28, 2014
    This is one of those films that you have a decent amount of fun while you watch it, but overtime, you gradually forget things in the movie until you forget you saw the film altogether.
  9. Dec 27, 2014
    A so-so remake that offers decent performances and entertaining action sequences but never comes close of reaching the bar established by the original.
  10. Dec 6, 2014
    This kept my interest allot more than I expected it to. I didn`t like the style of Robocop from the commercials, so I went into this with low expectations. Turns out the movie was pretty entertaining. I just hated the ending. I won`t say what happens, but it just leaves you thinking there should be more.It was pretty much like OOOOOOOOOOOOOK? It`s over? If the ending was even close to EpicThis kept my interest allot more than I expected it to. I didn`t like the style of Robocop from the commercials, so I went into this with low expectations. Turns out the movie was pretty entertaining. I just hated the ending. I won`t say what happens, but it just leaves you thinking there should be more.It was pretty much like OOOOOOOOOOOOOK? It`s over? If the ending was even close to Epic I would give it a higher rating. Instead the ending was so dull, and that is not a good thing, since it`s the last thing you remember. Expand
  11. Dec 1, 2014
    It is actually an entertaining movie. It is well made - no feeling of cheapness here. Let me mention that I only vaguely remember the first one, as I watched it loo-ong time ago. Based on this memory I think the first one was more bad ass, but this one also tries to be emotional and too explanatory thus the "badassness" is slightly subdued. The acting is strong, although, as if, the movieIt is actually an entertaining movie. It is well made - no feeling of cheapness here. Let me mention that I only vaguely remember the first one, as I watched it loo-ong time ago. Based on this memory I think the first one was more bad ass, but this one also tries to be emotional and too explanatory thus the "badassness" is slightly subdued. The acting is strong, although, as if, the movie itself fails to demand from the actors. For once, never mind the lowish score and go give it a chance! Expand
  12. Nov 27, 2014
    I didn't expect much from Robocop, I loved the original. It was stupid and over the top but also entertaining as hell and ended up being one of the best action movies of the 80s. The remake, I HATED Robocop. Absolutely nothing good from this unnecessary reboot. I'll say it again, HATED Robocop.
  13. Nov 26, 2014
    i hated this movie it completely misses the point and subtly of the original to give us a lame hammered in drone warfare political message done much better in captain America the winter soldier. Robocop is completely insignificant in his own movie and Joel Kinnaman must be up for a razzie for his dreadful portrayal of alex murphy
  14. Nov 23, 2014
    Robocop ofrece una historia interesante al público, que al principio mis expectativas eran un poco bajas (tampoco tanto) pero después de ver el film resulto ser algo mejor.
  15. Nov 22, 2014
    I watched this film without touching any of the movies from the original trilogy. I thought the film was pretty decent. It seems like more of a prequel because it just didn't quite have the big tough villain that I thought it should. There is a possibility that there may be a second film that may add more dept now that we know where Robocop came from.
  16. Nov 18, 2014
    Decent movie, not to be compared to the original, which does not surpasses. RoboCop 2014 it's a prude approach that focuses on the political and social topics, putting aside action, creativity and freshness to deliver a more dense and psychological RoboCop, which appears to be what Hollywood likes nowadays so in that sense I guess it lives up to current standards. When I say it's prude I'mDecent movie, not to be compared to the original, which does not surpasses. RoboCop 2014 it's a prude approach that focuses on the political and social topics, putting aside action, creativity and freshness to deliver a more dense and psychological RoboCop, which appears to be what Hollywood likes nowadays so in that sense I guess it lives up to current standards. When I say it's prude I'm not talking about the rating or violence, I'm talking about the feel of the movie. It's one of those flicks that tries to deliver a message and be more intellectual, but unlike the original RoboCop, this one doesn't do it in an enjoyable way, at least not if you went to the theaters expecting to see action. That's unfortunately one of the weak points of this movie, it fails to balance character development with action, by the time Robo's done dealing with his existential problems and the actions begins, the movie's over... I saw RoboCop 2014 twice, the first time I thought it was okay so I watched it a second time hoping it would be one those movies that grow on you. It isn't, RoboCop 2014 it's an okay movie based on the script of another one that is still perfectly valid in it's original version and doesn't need a remake nor reboot. I give it a C+ because is the most decent RoboCop movie made after the original, not that the bar was set very high after the horrible sequels anyway. It wasn't worth the waiting but it could have been worse. Expand
  17. Nov 13, 2014
    "Robocop" 10 Scale Rating: 8.0 (Great) ...

"Robocop" 10 Scale Rating: 8.0 (Great) ...

The Good: Way WAY better than I expected. A great mix of sci-fi and action that more than holds up against the original. While Kinnaman was a little too stiff early on, he gets much better as the film progresses. Heavyweights Micheal Keaton, Gary Oldman, and Samuel L. Jackson turn in great performances as the cast did a good job all around. A very pleasant surprise early in 2014.

The Bad: A little overly cynical at times. I was fine with it being dark, but sometimes it was a little much. Eventually, Robocop overcomes his programming with no explanation. They hint that it might be his "human soul" at work, but that just seemed a little too convenient and silly.
  18. Nov 10, 2014
    RoboCop might have cool visual effects and some decent social commentary but is however hampered down by its dullness, weak plot and lack of substance.
  19. Nov 2, 2014
    RoboCop is what we usually expect from a remake: a very safe story that is incredibly similar to the original as to not upset the fans. Although it brings the idea of RoboCop into the 21st century, the film lacks any flare or innovation for a long dormant franchise. Even a star-studded cast could not save these very stereotypical and comical characters from an unfocused story. There isRoboCop is what we usually expect from a remake: a very safe story that is incredibly similar to the original as to not upset the fans. Although it brings the idea of RoboCop into the 21st century, the film lacks any flare or innovation for a long dormant franchise. Even a star-studded cast could not save these very stereotypical and comical characters from an unfocused story. There is little empathy for the protagonist's situation with too much focus. Not a must-see but for the cast this recycled robot tale is worth a watch. Expand
  20. Oct 28, 2014
    If you're in the user reviews and you gave this film something like an 8/10 or a 9 or even a 10 then **** you. I refuse to sympathise with anyone who considers to give this dribble such a high score. There is so much wrong with this film that it hurts my brain just to think about it. I love the original but this film is like someone pulled their pants down and took a massive **** all overIf you're in the user reviews and you gave this film something like an 8/10 or a 9 or even a 10 then **** you. I refuse to sympathise with anyone who considers to give this dribble such a high score. There is so much wrong with this film that it hurts my brain just to think about it. I love the original but this film is like someone pulled their pants down and took a massive **** all over it in public. I can honestly say that this is the worst film I have seen this year. So rather than put all of my reason for my hatred of this film into a detailed essay I'll simply write a list of things that ****ed up one of my favourite franchises for me.
    1. The acting is terrible
    10. The ED-209's here are way underpowered
    11. Lacks any effective humour or violence from the original
    12. Horrible dialogue
    13. Tries to be badass but fails miserably
    14. Hate most of the characters (especially the ones who we're supposed to like)
    15. **** excuse for the use of the "dead or alive you're coming with me line"
    That's not even it but it's overall a big **** you to fans of the original so everyone who gives this even a remotely positive rating needs to shut the **** up. Sorry, but you cannot begin to know how much I hate this **** film.
  21. Oct 12, 2014
    Surprisingly fun and quiet intriguing,this remake of RoboCop focuses on the influence of politics,and gives a pretty heart felt story.Though it's very entertaining indeed,RoboCop does lack sense when talking about the sci-fi elements,doesn't have the R rating,which a RoboCop movie should have and the acting also falls under expectations especially with its extraordinary cast.
  22. Sep 2, 2014
    In short: nothing special. I didn't see a point to rework original movie. This film does not bring anything new. This is just one more action movie - same as hundreds of such kind.
  23. Sep 2, 2014
    "Dead or alive, you're coming with me." - Robocop

I saw the first movie when I was a little kid.In the first film was more actiune.In film dominates CGI / Special Effects.However, it is a good movie, acceptable. If you liked the old one, it is possible to like and it.
  24. Aug 26, 2014
    RoboCop is a classic franchise that has survived the test of time that Hollywood believed it needed a reboot. Entertaining but with a PG-13 rating, it misses the edginess of the original. Easily forgettable.
  25. Aug 19, 2014
    While I did enjoy this movie I didn't think it measured up to the original. The action scenes were good but seemed somehow muted. I don't like some of the updates they made. I prefer the original silver suit he wore as opposed to the black one in this movie. Also the voice was very fitting in the first one but his voice in this one just didn't fit as well. I thought the acting was greatWhile I did enjoy this movie I didn't think it measured up to the original. The action scenes were good but seemed somehow muted. I don't like some of the updates they made. I prefer the original silver suit he wore as opposed to the black one in this movie. Also the voice was very fitting in the first one but his voice in this one just didn't fit as well. I thought the acting was great and the storyline good. I gave this movie a 7 out of 10. Expand
  26. Aug 16, 2014
    A great remake of a classic movie, that many of us grew up with. Robocop stays true to it's predecessors while still making the movie it's own.

It includes a interesting and in-depth explication of Murphy's back story, while adding an interesting twist to the entire cooperation, it's intent and inner workings. Once and awhile the movie is a little slow, but never enough to make you

Once and awhile the movie is a little slow, but never enough to make you want to shut the movie off.
  27. Aug 15, 2014
    I like the different angle for this robot story. It adds a lot of human perspective, not just shooting.
    Also, i can see different characters surrounding this "almost" robot. Therefore, i enjoy watching this movie.
  28. Aug 11, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. the list of the things I hated... the suit being black, the motorcycle scenes reminded me of the not too distant T mobile commercials... and then again the new batman movies ...hey the suit being black also is like a lets steel from batman... me connecting the dots.., oh well back to what I hate about it, the floating Adams family hand [that for some reason has not deteriorated yet], literally I laughed when I saw it, the fact that he has no prime directives, no real bad guy to speak of,[sorry Michal Keaton I love your other work.], also Murphy's character has a bad personality,his wife and kid are given poor dialog in the movie but the acting was okay, I think I also felt a lot of iron man here too, why cant they just do something original to the series in here...other then the ed209s, I can't really recommend this movie it 's not a good movie compared to what we could have had here.

The things that made the original robocop was... among other things his trademark chrome and black suit, and because of it's absence through most of the movie, I think the movie could be easily mistaken for many other films in todays cluttered market, this could be batman movie, it could be an iron man movie, it could even be a T mobile commercial... but I digress if you like this movie I apologize for my harsh criticism It just was not for me. some people really liked this movie, but I have the right to my own opinion and while I respect all your opinions I cant say this film was really enjoyable for me, but then again you might like it, so don't skip it just because I say so, watch it and make a post on here of what you thought.
    Thanks for your time.
  29. Aug 4, 2014
    This rebooted Robocop is actually a lot better than I thought it would be. I imagined a Transformer-like CGI driven mess but, thankfully, I was off the mark on that one. Robocop was in fact a thoughtful, interesting re-imagining with some nice things done with the titular hero's family life. Is it as good as the original? Not a chance, but it was still pretty good.
  30. Aug 1, 2014
    Look, it's Robocop, so if you expected anything better than this, blame yourself. This was a relatively average movie, with average acting, even from some greats, and an average script. It was Robocop as you'd expect it to be. AVERAGE

1. Reviewed by: Ian Buckwalter
    Feb 14, 2014
    It's well made, polished, and hits every mark — but is it crazy to want a futuristic sci-fi action flick about a motorcycle-riding metal supercop to be just a little more fun?
  2. Reviewed by: Peter Travers
    Feb 14, 2014
    Brazilian director José Padilha (Elite Squad, Bus 174) soldiers on stolidly, but lacks the Dutch Verheoeven's abiding sense of mischief.
  3. Reviewed by: Dana Stevens
    Feb 13, 2014
    Neither Alex Murphy’s internal moral conflict nor the larger, vaguely satiric portrait of a global culture dependent on high-tech law enforcement seem to be the main point of this Robocop remake, which raises the question of what is meant to be the point.