8.4

1. Dec 10, 2012
    Who would have ever believed that Rocky VI would be good?! Oh how we laughed at Stallone's desperation! Then we saw the movie. Rocky Balboa is the best Rocky movie by FAR and is one of my favorite movies of all time. It makes me cry and feel unbelievably happy every time I see it. Absolutely perfect!
  2. Nov 26, 2011
    This is a far better ending to the franchise then what Rock 5 was. The acting was solid but it still follows the same basic Rocky formula. I liked how the film was more serious this time around and focused on the problems Rocky faced outside of training for his opponent.
  3. Oct 23, 2010
    He was right: it aint over till it's over. Rocky Balboa is a tender, poetic picture, and when you watch it, at least, when I watched it - and I've seen it twice - you will be struck by the honesty of the filmmaker. Stallone may not be a great director in the sense of traditional greatness, but his greatness is with the real truth by which he tells this story. He WANTS it told.
  4. Oct 25, 2010
    Rocky Balboa is a great film, which brings back nostalgia. It completely stands on it's own but also is a great sequel to Rocky's franchise. It's a movie which brings back you to the roots, and has a charm of Rocky I and II. The story is really well made, the characters are great and interesting as always. The story brings you in Rocky's perspective right away. Nostalgia is a main engine of this movie and if you want remember good old days of Rocky you should definitely check it out. It's little bit disappointing that there is no Survivor song in the movie, but it's good that there is a main Rocky theme "Gonna Fly Now". In conclusion the movie is really worth watching. It's nostalgic, depressing at the moments, but at the end leaves you with warm emotions. I really enjoyed it and in my opinion its better than III and V. If you're a fan of Rocky, this movie won't disappoint you Expand
  5. Aug 17, 2011
    I got the feeling this movie was meant to be more like the first one. We have some action here, but it is almost fully in the background of the main story. This is about ending a great series of movies telling a story about a guy from the slums who fought his way to glory but still remained a human being with all his faults and tragic events. I have never thought Silvester Stallone for a bad actor, average maybe, but still making excellent movies. In this one he plays it really well. We see a broken down boxer struggling to live his life without his wife Adrien, trying to recreate the connection with his son lost somewhere along the way of him growing up. Throught the film he visits the old spots from the previous movies, recalling his biggest moments in life and how it could all have gone a whole different way. He tries to return to the ring one last time to show that the great Rocky Balboa is still here, living amongst us. The champion he challenges is also a likeable characterm not over the top. A guy who respects Rocky deep inside, but he also must maintain his own glory as the best in current times. Also Rocky does it kind of funny, as he is perfectly aware of his age and limitations. This film does not feature the typical villain - hero duel from previous Rocky movies. More like both boxers are level headed persons with their own problems. The music is top class, acting is good. Directing is spot on. The story is well thought and executed. When watching the intro I felt as if I was to be dissapointed. Couple of hours later I was both happy and sad for Rocky, as the story has really ended. Expand
  6. May 31, 2011
    "Yo Adrian! We did it!" Stallone nailed it! This is a beautiful film that truly measures the importance of an aging life and how one copes with losing a loved one and being the "has-been". This film wanders into sweet nostalgia and stays there the whole time, all the while lingering on heartbreak, redemption, and inner peace.
  7. Feb 18, 2012
    Very epic film. Rocky 'The Italian Stallion' Balboa shows that if you want something, you can go get it if you work hard for it. The Rocky series is one of the most epic and awesome movie series there is, and i don't think that there will be movies like this in the close future... Old movies FTW!!!
  8. Feb 29, 2012
    It doesn't match up to the first two, but it improves over Rocky III, IV, and V and Rocky Balboa (Sylvester Stallone) returns facing hardcore challenges you wouldn't expect.
  9. Aug 28, 2014
    I swore for years I would never watch a single Rocky movie: they're not my type, and I could not dislike Stallone any more than I do.

But ever since I got interested in Milo Ventimiglia, I could no longer avoid this final part of the series. The others I won't bother to watch.

To my surprise, the movie was rather good. The growth of the plot was predictable, there was nothing
    surprising there - and then again, Stallone's performance was rather good. Like a man who has been hit in the head one too many times, but who still cares. The relationship between father and son (Stallone/Ventimiglia) grew from ragged to whole. The change was perhaps a little too swift, but then again, that was not the point in the movie the makers wanted to highlight, I suppose.

The big fight in the end, which was the goal of the whole movie, wasn't something spectacular. Realistic, yes, but that's about it. Once you've seen something like that, you've seen them all.

Great words about fighting and never giving up, though. Inspirational.
  10. Mar 11, 2012
    Its a lot better ending to the franchise then Rocky 5 but still an un-needed one really. Its pretty much a combination of every other Rocky film. It was ok and worth the watch but I still feel it was un-needed.
  11. Jul 12, 2012
    This Rocky went in the right direction and went back towards the style of the first two Rocky movies, just when the cheesy 80's style was starting to wear on us. Very touching and the fight scene is well-made.
  12. Nov 28, 2012
    ONE OF THE WORST MOVIES ever all they did was talk the whole time and rocky was like 60 fighting a 25 yr old and the match wasnt even legit this movie sucked id rather be someones slave then watch it ever again.
  13. Jan 1, 2014
    As someone who has sat through all of the Rocky movies, there was no better, more emotional way to bring the entire legend of Rocky to retirement. A roller coaster of emotion and a nostalgic nod to the seasoned Rocky fans this conclusion really couldn't have been more well done, plenty of heart and plenty of spirit, that's what Rocky is all about.
  14. Sep 10, 2014
    Sylvester Still got the fight in him, truly inspirational,totally loved it,a good feel film, rocky balboa has heart ,excellent screenplay ,a lot of touching moments, good supporting cast, good acting and direction by sylverster, i loved that dialogue- "it ain't about how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward" i will do that ,if u not watch this film yet,go and watch it, another favourite quote " it ain't over till 'it is over " Expand
  15. Apr 17, 2014
    The wonder and awe of the Rocky movies is the fact that even 30 years after the first movie's release, the series still feels revitalized and rejuvenated. Watching Rocky Balboa, nostalgia of the first movie will hit you like a wave, but it's a wave you'll enjoy riding.
  16. Nov 13, 2013
    Rocky Balboa boxes for one last time.
    A tale of loss and of redemption. Rocky Balboa finds a way to win hearts in this underdog story of true ability by the drive of one man.

1. There is much to poke at in Rocky Balboa, yet the movie, with its amusingly updated ''Gonna Fly Now'' montage and its very niftily staged climactic bout, summons just enough incredulous wit about just how often Rocky has been around this particular block to let Sylvester Stallone earn his nostalgia.
    Just when you're ready to puke, the old Bill Conti theme ("Gonna Fly Now") kicks in -- are you feeling it? -- Stallone steps in the ring and every day is Christmas. All together now: Rock-ee! Rock-ee!
  3. Defies all expectations with a low-key, technically stripped-down production that really does come close to capturing the heart and soul of the original.