2.0

1. Jon
    Jul 2, 2004
    Everyone always compare things to their predecessors. First off, this isn't a direct remake, it's a rendition. If they were going to just copy it 100%, they would just put the old one on dvd. Second of all, it's an action movie, of course things are fast, it's ACTION. The thing is packed of actions scenes beginning to end. If you can't catch the plot, I don't Everyone always compare things to their predecessors. First off, this isn't a direct remake, it's a rendition. If they were going to just copy it 100%, they would just put the old one on dvd. Second of all, it's an action movie, of course things are fast, it's ACTION. The thing is packed of actions scenes beginning to end. If you can't catch the plot, I don't know how you can even read this. If you're expecting some immaculate movie with some moving theme, well, then go watch the patriot or some crap. This is an action movie. Full of action. For people who like action. If you don't like action, it wasn't meant for you to see it. So stfu. =) Expand
  2. Oct 6, 2011
    Having just seen this on cable, I wanted to see if there were any scores above a 1. But as long as I'm here... Not even a so bad it's good, just... bad.
  3. JoeB.
    Jul 3, 2002
    The main character is a wimp, the editing of the so called action scenes left me dizzy. Less than 30 minutes into this dog I turned it off, dumbfounded how anyone could could make a movie so awful.
  4. DuncanS.
    Jul 4, 2002
    My favorite action movie in a long time. It just got a little weird here and there.
  5. JakeM.
    Jul 2, 2002
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Sorry I was thinking of another movie. Ok for real. BOOOOO!!! This is probably the worst movie i have ever seen. And if this was a real sport, it would be the worst sport on the face of this earth, worst then cricket, worst then golf, and worst then the XFL. This movie puts the word "disgrace" to every person who had anything to do with the making of this movie. Even the HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Sorry I was thinking of another movie. Ok for real. BOOOOO!!! This is probably the worst movie i have ever seen. And if this was a real sport, it would be the worst sport on the face of this earth, worst then cricket, worst then golf, and worst then the XFL. This movie puts the word "disgrace" to every person who had anything to do with the making of this movie. Even the extras that no one cares about. Expand
  6. BenM.
    Aug 4, 2002
    Just terrible, aside from bad acting and no plot it was boring as sh*t.
  7. ChrisD.
    Aug 5, 2002
    I'm sad i watched this movie. It was TERRIBLE. Aside the bad acting, you have terrible editing (the camera would cut for no reason... a character would be looking one way, then an instant later the other direction...) There was no explanation for why most people died... The rest is just too stupid for words... This kinda movie makes me wanna cry :-
  8. MateuszP.
    May 8, 2003
    Lying on my deathbed, watching this movie might be one of the few things i'll regret having done. it's so moronic you will actually FEEL all your joy, happiness and meaning of life evaporate out of every pore on your body.
  9. SteveE.
    May 10, 2005
    Amazing Film, lots of action. If you compare it to the original it is better.
  10. GerrickC
    Jan 24, 2007
    God only knows you can't get any dumber than this.
  11. Bobby
    Mar 5, 2007
    The Most Violent PG13 Film ever to hit the states. The intense violence, sex, nudity, drugs and blood is insane. This film is one of the few films that somehow got away with the biggest rating mistake of the last 100 years. You see breasts, watch people break bones and get beaten and shattered to there death, you see man on man fights in which the blood just keeps on coming until the The Most Violent PG13 Film ever to hit the states. The intense violence, sex, nudity, drugs and blood is insane. This film is one of the few films that somehow got away with the biggest rating mistake of the last 100 years. You see breasts, watch people break bones and get beaten and shattered to there death, you see man on man fights in which the blood just keeps on coming until the lucky one dies. I have never seen anything so intense and disgusting. A shame. Expand
  12. Gilbert
    Nov 20, 2002
    John McTiernan? John McTIERNAN? JOHN MCTIERNAN?
  13. JayS.
    Jul 27, 2002
    It's a modern dadaist masterpiece. The director had such vision to produce it in the way that he did. The average person just can't comprehend the level of genius that this has accomplished. I am truly inspired by this film, as it has influenced every aspect of my creative being. I would give this a 10. I would like to add that this is the only movie I would ever give a ten It's a modern dadaist masterpiece. The director had such vision to produce it in the way that he did. The average person just can't comprehend the level of genius that this has accomplished. I am truly inspired by this film, as it has influenced every aspect of my creative being. I would give this a 10. I would like to add that this is the only movie I would ever give a ten because it is better than any other movie that I have ever had the pleasure of letting glare upon my eyes. Andy Warhol would be quite flattered. Expand
  14. MichaelR.
    Sep 22, 2002
    A disjointed mess. It's only value could be to show film student's what a terrible film looks like.
  15. SteveH
    Feb 5, 2008
    A real disappointment - I didn't expect a copy of the original but I didn't expect something to be this bad. I thought it might get better after a bad start - but it manages to go down hill all the way to the end. It is beyond belief that it could be rated a ten by anyone.
  16. TerryR
    Aug 30, 2009
    I've seen better movies in theaters for the blind.
  17. AdamE.
    Nov 25, 2002
    Disappointing and stupid.

Overwhelming dislike - based on 28 Critics

1. It's too bad this Rollerball veered off-track so swiftly, derailed by bad writing and possibly also by some of that extensive post-production reworking.
    The current version, however, like its predecessor, fails as entertainment. Mr. McTiernan's remake may be lighter on its feet -- the sober-minded original was as graceful as a tap-dancing rhino -- but it is just as boring and as obvious.
  3. Reviewed by: Chris Gore
    Will surely end up as one of this year’s worst films.