Rory O'Shea Was Here

8.8

1. KeithW.
    Jul 2, 2006
    See it-Not pandering-Lovely and honest.
  2. DianeM.
    Jan 6, 2006
    Unlike others, I feel that this movie does not pander, but shows the possibilities for independence that people with disabilities can have. The acting is superb, particularly that of the charismatic McAvoy and the ensemble cast really works. I did not feel that I had seen a clone of "My Left Foot" but another genuine masterpiece that could stand on its own.
  3. WilliamC.
    Mar 27, 2006
    A very human story. In the same genre as Murderball and My Left Foot, where the normal viewer gets to understand a bit about the life and dreams of disabled people. Romola Garai adds sparkle and a glimpse of how each of might react to these courageous men.

1. Reviewed by: Daniel Wible
    A harmless little charmer with a uniformly fine cast, played by the numbers for full tear-jerking effect.
    A plea for equality of opportunity, a worthy objective somewhat obscured by non-disabled actors occupying the lead roles. In any case, one imagines Rory himself would prefer a Farrelly disability blooper reel.
    It wants to humanize the plight of the disabled, but it undermines its worthy aims by presenting its leads as martyrs and saints.