Rounders

8.1

1. PaulH
    Aug 4, 2005
    It's alright, but it doesn't all the way work, you have to pretty much be really into poker to like this movie, so that's a bad thing. unlike say Sideways, where you don't have to give a damn about wine to enjoy that film, that's just one example of what i'm talking about.
  2. GaborA.
    Jul 17, 2006
    As typical of a movie you can make about card playing. A ninth grader selected at random and told to write a movie about poker would come up with a script very similar to this film. Rounders see's all the angle's but doesn't have the courage to make a move.
  3. Nov 15, 2014
    Although the ending is a bit too "Hollywood", Rounders succeeds in engrossing us in the tension of high-stakes poker, and having a good performance from Damon. Norton, on the other hand, plays the same annoying character as per usual, and the only thing more fake than their chemistry is John Malkovich's Russian accent.
  4. CosmoK.
    Jan 9, 2005
    Probably one of the best movies i have ever seen...
  5. ChrisP.
    Sep 20, 2005
    Awesome!
  6. JohnB.
    Sep 20, 2005
    The greatest movie about poker.
  7. JackD.
    Dec 23, 2002
    Some OK bits but overall it's limp and not convincing at all.
  8. AppleH.
    Aug 12, 2002
    Greatest movie ever. If this doesn't get you pumped up to go gamble and win, I don't know what will. Classic!
  9. ChrisP.
    Mar 6, 2005
    Awesome!
  10. SeanF.
    Apr 29, 2006
    The critics were mostly off on this one, I don't know the movies it is supposedly a knockoff of, but I think this movie's awesome. I don't play poker, and I think it's great, I would think any poker player would think it's sick!
  11. Dec 16, 2010
    Good movie but flawed here and there. Matt Damon is solid but not top shelf here. John M lol ... terrible accent yet i still loved his performance. Edward N is so so. Best thing about this movie.... Nice to see a card movie again.

Average score
  12. Apr 13, 2012
    done really well for its story line. I really liked the acting and the cast. thanks
  13. Aug 17, 2013
    Blessed with good acting, the cliche of the storyline and the constant jargon are the main pitfalls of the film and the reasons it falters in the end. However, I still liked this one.

Neither Dahl nor most of his actors ever quite convince us that there's a good reason to sit in front of a movie screen watching them for more than two hours.
  2. Richly atmospheric but a little thin in the character department: It feels oddly truncated, despite nicely textured performances.
  3. Mischievously entertaining...Dahl's film has character in oversupply even if its actual characters are sometimes thin. Poker fever makes up for whatever the story lacks in everyday emotions.