Rounders

8.0

1. CosmoK.
    Jan 9, 2005
    Probably one of the best movies i have ever seen...
  2. ChrisP.
    Sep 20, 2005
    Awesome!
  3. JohnB.
    Sep 20, 2005
    The greatest movie about poker.
  4. AppleH.
    Aug 12, 2002
    Greatest movie ever. If this doesn't get you pumped up to go gamble and win, I don't know what will. Classic!
  5. ChrisP.
    Mar 6, 2005
    Awesome!
  6. SeanF.
    Apr 29, 2006
    The critics were mostly off on this one, I don't know the movies it is supposedly a knockoff of, but I think this movie's awesome. I don't play poker, and I think it's great, I would think any poker player would think it's sick!
  7. Apr 13, 2012
    done really well for its story line. I really liked the acting and the cast. thanks
  8. Nov 15, 2014
    Although the ending is a bit too "Hollywood", Rounders succeeds in engrossing us in the tension of high-stakes poker, and having a good performance from Damon. Norton, on the other hand, plays the same annoying character as per usual, and the only thing more fake than their chemistry is John Malkovich's Russian accent.
  9. Aug 17, 2013
    Blessed with good acting, the cliche of the storyline and the constant jargon are the main pitfalls of the film and the reasons it falters in the end. However, I still liked this one.

Neither Dahl nor most of his actors ever quite convince us that there's a good reason to sit in front of a movie screen watching them for more than two hours.
  2. Richly atmospheric but a little thin in the character department: It feels oddly truncated, despite nicely textured performances.
  3. Mischievously entertaining...Dahl's film has character in oversupply even if its actual characters are sometimes thin. Poker fever makes up for whatever the story lacks in everyday emotions.