Warner Bros. Pictures | Release Date: December 25, 2005
Watch Now
LeroyDec 24, 2005
Sucked!
S.H.Dec 25, 2005
Crappy movie with a hideous plotline.
MarcD.Dec 26, 2005
A decent film wrecked by horrible pacing. What's up, Marty DeBergi? There's a fine line between stupid and clever, and you're on the wrong side of it with this one. You wasted fine performances by Shirley & Kevin, but I A decent film wrecked by horrible pacing. What's up, Marty DeBergi? There's a fine line between stupid and clever, and you're on the wrong side of it with this one. You wasted fine performances by Shirley & Kevin, but I don't honestly know if this one was ever destined for a green score with that sreenplay anyway. Expand
AHDec 26, 2005
Downright awful... this movie went from dry to creepy and then to pathetic. Really, don't even bother watching it when it is shown on tv in a year. This movie was downright horrible. Jennifer Aniston's worst performance ever.
TomHDec 27, 2005
Stupid to say the least. Lame plot to start with followed by shallow acting. Dissapointed in Aniston and Costner more times than not is overrated. Did all the actors, director, etc. really want to do this movie?? Didn't seem like it to me.
RhettW.Dec 28, 2005
Never lives up to the clever premise. The characters aren't real and the laughs are scarce.
RichardGDec 29, 2005
Enjoyable to watch. Anniston, Costner and McLaine are so good that I liked it in spite of the lack of a competent script and the presence of a non-actor (Mark Rufalo) as a main character. Could have been a really smart movie, but it feels Enjoyable to watch. Anniston, Costner and McLaine are so good that I liked it in spite of the lack of a competent script and the presence of a non-actor (Mark Rufalo) as a main character. Could have been a really smart movie, but it feels like the studio "script doctors" have been at it again. About 500 times better fare than "The Family Stone." Expand
JeffSDec 30, 2005
I'll summarize how awfl this movie is by simply saying that my wife (a big Aniston fan) apologized to me for having to sit through it and is going to let me pick the next two movies in return.
ChrisBDec 31, 2005
Cute movie... good entertainment.
JohnL.Dec 31, 2005
Terrible. Weak script, blase acting. Costner put nothing into it; Aniston not much better. Shirley MacLaine fizzles in yet one more movie portrayal as an over the hill matron.
TonydannieDec 31, 2005
Here is a movie I was looking forward to seeing. It had an iteresting idea. What Happened? Well, I am still trying to figure it out. It's not that the movie was boring. It had its good moments and its bad moments. It was slow, but Here is a movie I was looking forward to seeing. It had an iteresting idea. What Happened? Well, I am still trying to figure it out. It's not that the movie was boring. It had its good moments and its bad moments. It was slow, but watchable. However, Would I recomend goingto see this at the big Screen......? No! This one is more of a DVD stay At home NIght Rental. Expand
BillD.Jan 1, 2006
Read the reviews, ie., lower your expectations, and then go see the movie. There's a good chance you'll enjoy it. Jennifer Anniston is cute and funny, Kevin Costner is too cool for words, and Shirley Maclaine, though dangerously Read the reviews, ie., lower your expectations, and then go see the movie. There's a good chance you'll enjoy it. Jennifer Anniston is cute and funny, Kevin Costner is too cool for words, and Shirley Maclaine, though dangerously close to self-parody, is a riot. It's a pleasant, formula romantic comedy, but the focus group dropped the ball on the ending. Mark Ruffalo's appearing to be auditioning for a Tennessee Williams role was jarringly ill-fitting, but the ending itself was, though unsatisfying, probably inevitable. All in all a flawed but occasionally very funny movie. Expand
SendianJan 1, 2006
Sucked. No point of the movie. What is the point of knowing that one man slept with a grand mother, mother and grand daugther? doesn't teach any thing. Very slow and boring
RobinP.Jan 1, 2006
My husband and I wasted our gift certificate on this one...what a bore. It was a lame vehicle for Jennifer Aniston's hair more than her ability to act. The premise of the story was so weak that not even the actors seemed convinced. Awful.
DannyR.Sr.Jan 1, 2006
Boring and pointless movie. I only gave it a total of 2; 1 for Shirley McLaine's hilarious performance and 1 for Jennifer Aniston just being so darn nice to look at!
billys.Jan 2, 2006
"Mrs. Robinson, you're trying to lobotomize me."
MarkB.Jan 3, 2006
The major questions asked by this unsavory, uninspired and mostly unmemorable romcom are: Is Sarah's mother the real-life basis for Elaine in The Graduate, and is her grandmother the real Mrs. Robinson, and if one or both are so, what The major questions asked by this unsavory, uninspired and mostly unmemorable romcom are: Is Sarah's mother the real-life basis for Elaine in The Graduate, and is her grandmother the real Mrs. Robinson, and if one or both are so, what does that make Sarah? These are hardly the most important questions Rumor Has It... brings up; audience members will more likely be asking themselves some of the following (which the producers should've themselves before greenlighting this thing); Didn't Under the Rainbow, the dreadful Chevy Chase "comedy" about the Munchkins in The Wizard of Oz, prove once and for all that movies whose entire premise depends on the existence of other, classic films basically have no right or reason to exist? Isn't the script's need to place the film's events in 1997 (complete with Bill Clinton references) rather than today an indication of how forced and unworkable this concept is? Don't the writer (or more likely, writers) and director realize that an eleventh-hour slathering of bogus sentimentality makes the movie's offensive undertones (which involve, among other things, possible incest) even more, not less so? Even though Rumor Has It...'s one genuine asset is its likable cast, don't Jennifer Aniston's, Kevin Costner's, Shirley MacLaine's and Mark Ruffalo's recent terrific performances in, respectively, The Good Girl, The Upside of Anger, In Her Shoes and Just Like Heaven indicate that these folks have far, far better things to do with their time? And Finally, does Rumor Has It... prove once and for all that Rob Reiner must have sold his soul to the devil to have made This Is Spinal tap, When Harry Met Sally..., The Princess Bride, A Few Good Men and everything else he did up to and including The American President, at which point the devil immediately came to collect...and if so, can we all take up a collection to buy Reiner's soul back? Expand
NigelWJan 10, 2006
A reasonably good film, it held my attention and didn't fundamentally offend me. There were some laugh out loud moments, mainly thanks to Shirley MacLaine. Jennifer Aniston played herself admirably. Just let down by the predictable ending.
KGJan 12, 2006
Waste of time. Our group's opinions ranged from forgettable to worst movie of the year so far.
KathyS.Jan 16, 2006
Enjoyed every minute of it. Perfectly cast throughout with good performances, especially from Shirley Maclaine, Marc Ruffalo, Kevin Costner, and Richard Jenkins.
BrittanyM.Feb 7, 2006
girls will enjoy this movie. I thought it was very funny. Me and my girl friend went and saw it without guys and we had a blast! I would definitely see it again.
MatthewFeb 11, 2006
a movie with alot charm thanks to Aniston and Costner... Rob Riner delivers a nice romantic comedy.
LarryT.Apr 17, 2006
A real dud. They took a decent premise and turned into a sitcom that lasted an hour and a half.
[Anonymous]Oct 9, 2006
I've never seen The Graduate but my instincts tell me that this movie is a lackluster spin-off and should in no way represent the original.
SausageJun 3, 2012
This is the worst movie I have ever seen...insestuous and creepy hiding itself behind a 'chick flick'!!! eeeeugh...I need to wash myself with detergent after watching this stinker!!!
SimpsonFansAug 4, 2016
Stupid to say the least. Lame plot to start with followed by shallow acting. Disappointed in Aniston and Costner more times than not is overrated. Did all the actors, director, etc. really want to do this movie?? Didn't seem like it to me.