RV

Columbia Pictures | Release Date: April 28, 2006
5.3
Mixed or average reviews based on 70 Ratings
WATCH NOW
Check box if your review contains spoilers 0 characteres (5000 max)
AmandaJ.Jun 7, 2006
It wa stupid but funny when Robin William was acting like a white rapper!
1 of 1 users found this helpful
DaniJun 22, 2006
The movie was just okay. The humor was stupid.
0 of 1 users found this helpful
ChadS.Jul 18, 2006
When Bob(Robin Williams) is emptying his septic tank, the country "hicks" who assist him sound as if they straggled over from "O Brother Where Art Thou". That goes the same for the Gornickes as well. A better time could've been had with When Bob(Robin Williams) is emptying his septic tank, the country "hicks" who assist him sound as if they straggled over from "O Brother Where Art Thou". That goes the same for the Gornickes as well. A better time could've been had with Jeff Daniels and Kristin Chenoweth as the leads. They're poop-free. The same can't be said for "R.V." An even worse offense than the geyser of crap, literally, and metaphorically(Robin Williams' homeboy schtick, the collective realization that the Munros love each other, and the tired slapstick), is the lack of respect for people who have regional accents and a rural sensibility. Expand
0 of 1 users found this helpful
RogerSmith97Feb 28, 2011
Somewhat Funny..... But Robin Williams Is Getting Bad In His Movies! He Is To Overrated! :)
The Acting Is So-So As Well As The Plot...
I Did Not Like The "Physical Comedy" In This Sorry!
StuB.May 1, 2006
Completely mediocre, but a pleasant diversion. On the other hand, my 8-year old really enjoyed the movie. Probably worth renting someday, but not worth the price of theatre admission.
0 of 0 users found this helpful
MarkB.Jun 5, 2006
Robin Williams (more or less playing it straight, with one regrettable lapse in which he proves that, Eminem and The Beastie Boys notwithstanding, White men really SHOULDN'T rap) [***SPOILERS***] plays Bob Munro, a businessman, husband Robin Williams (more or less playing it straight, with one regrettable lapse in which he proves that, Eminem and The Beastie Boys notwithstanding, White men really SHOULDN'T rap) [***SPOILERS***] plays Bob Munro, a businessman, husband and father who attempts to combine work with play by taking the wife and kids on a cross-country trip to try to sell a mom-and-pop soft drink company on becoming one more acquisition of the global megaconcern he works for. While the conglomerate's business practices and goals are certainly questionable at best, Munro is a rather decent, hardworking and well-meaning fellow attempting to do the best he can for his family. In this movie's peculiar moral universe, he is rewarded by being drenched with a geyser of liquid poo. (Isn't it supposed to be a basic principle of comedy to have the rich and powerful be the victims of pratfalls, not the little guy? Oh, sorry, I forgot...this is a Barry Sonnenfeld film, not a Chaplin one. My mistake.) RV cerainly calls up echoes of the 1950s Lucy-Desi farce The Long, Long Trailer and the original National Lampoon's Vacation (especially the latter's last 30 minutes, which are almost totally laugh-free) but I found myself being reminded equally as often of the very strange and unpleasant 1992 comedy Folks!, in which nice guy Tom Selleck suffers endless physical, emotional and financial embarrassments and worse trying to protect his frail, senile dad. Despite a rather refreshing subplot involving a brood of overly friendly fellow travelers headed by Jeff Daniels that pleasingly dispels some common initial stereotypes on both Munro's and the audience's part, RV is a real chore to watch because Williams' wife and daughter are so relentlessly whiny, ungrateful and obnoxious (despite their predictable, arbitrary and clumsily-written eleventh-hour turnaround) that I felt as though I was stuck in the RV with them, too. Your enjoyment or lack thereof of this movie will therefore depend a great deal on what cable channel you like to watch most often: if your favorite is Nickelodeon, the subtext will mean nothing to you, so enjoy the liquid poo and have a ball! If it's Lifetime, perhaps watching this will help you to understand that it's NOT always the guy who's at fault. And if your channel of choice is SpikeTV, then you'll find it very hard to blame our protagonist if he, midway through the trip, strands the whole sorry brood by the side of the road to fly off to Hawaii with a nubile hitchhiker he picks up who could pass for his granddaughter, even if she does eventually ditch him for a fire dancer, siphons off every cent he's got and leaves him completely penniless and destitute to live out his days in a triler just a few yards away from Ennis Del Mar's. Expand
0 of 0 users found this helpful
PrincessT1991Nov 1, 2010
Personally, I liked the movie, especially Jojo's acting. But the plot was mediocre, and had me falling asleep in my seat. Do I hate this movie? No. Do I love it? No.
RayzorMooseNov 13, 2013
RV was made for TV.
An adventure comedy gone array, few laughs that are far apart. The story is rubbish and there is no real message or redeeming quality that can be scavenged from the debris.