8.8

1. Jan 9, 2011
    One of my all time favorite movies. This is the movie that made me love buddy cop movies, and a Jackie Chan fan. Although, I wonder where Chris Tucker is these days.
  2. Sep 16, 2013
    One of the best buddy cop movies there is, Rush Hour takes two very different cultures, Asians and African-Americans, and throws them together in the melting pot of L.A. to solve a kidnapping case that will send them in lots of directions.

It's fun to watch Jackie Chan do karate and mount buildings in 5 seconds, and Chris Tucker's humor kills. Full of twists and some great action sequences, Rush Hour is an all-time favorite movie of mine.
  3. Jul 27, 2011
    This movie was hilarious especially when it came out. The combination of Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan just made the movie exciting since they brought their own personalities into the movie. I was never a fan of Jackie Chan before or after Rush Hour.
  4. Sep 8, 2011
    Possibly the best buddy-cop film ever, mostly because of the slightly over-the-top kung-fu antics of Chan. It's got the perfect balance of comedy, action, and suspense. The acting could be better though.
  5. Mar 5, 2012
    Interesting plot and a lot of solid action as well. There is no denying that Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker have chemistry together and it shows on screen. Definently worth the watch.
  6. Jul 7, 2012
    It's a pretty standard movie but the combination of Jackie Chan, Chris Tucker and a great script made for one hilarious movie. The action part is not too shabby either.
  7. Jan 10, 2015
    Whilst cliche'd and occasionally clunky, I can't help but ritualistically play this movie at least once a day. Rush Hour is one of those movies that you've seen a million times before, but the superb acting and engaging action scenes make this a true classic. If you're looking for a Citizen Kane alternative, then this is probably not your movie, but Rush Hour entertains and entertains damn well.
  8. Mar 21, 2015
    This is one of the best movies I've ever seen. The story and plot were great. Chris Tucker as Detective Carter is a good match. He is so frigging hilarious. If you don't like Rush Hour, then you are silly as JB. Jackie Chan is Inspectour Li. or Lee. The 2 must find Soo Yung, a kidnapped 10 year old (in my thinking) girl from China or Hong Kong. You should watch this movie because it isThis is one of the best movies I've ever seen. The story and plot were great. Chris Tucker as Detective Carter is a good match. He is so frigging hilarious. If you don't like Rush Hour, then you are silly as JB. Jackie Chan is Inspectour Li. or Lee. The 2 must find Soo Yung, a kidnapped 10 year old (in my thinking) girl from China or Hong Kong. You should watch this movie because it is hilarious and funny. The best Rush Hour out of the 3. Expand
  9. AnsonG.
    Aug 15, 2006
    Great comedy and action movie. Jackie Chan showed his martial art stunts, although Chris Tucker was quite funny man.
  10. Jan 24, 2012
    I love this film so much! it's really a classic. Which is weird considering Jackie Chan didn't even get it. The plotline is silly yet very fun, the combination of Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker works really well. The film can be rather funny at times and is very light-hearted while mixing the serious story in at the same time. Everyone owes it to themselves to watch this film (and sequels).I love this film so much! it's really a classic. Which is weird considering Jackie Chan didn't even get it. The plotline is silly yet very fun, the combination of Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker works really well. The film can be rather funny at times and is very light-hearted while mixing the serious story in at the same time. Everyone owes it to themselves to watch this film (and sequels). Grab some snacks and watch a very enjoyable film. Expand
  11. Nov 28, 2012
    A repeatedly hilarious buddy-cop film with as many gut-busting one liners from Chris Tucker as there are jaw-dropping stunts from Jackie Chan.
  12. Oct 16, 2014
    meta critic arent always right this is just pure class 10/10 will always rewatch this
    RIP Elizabeth pena sad to see she recently died - bomb expert girl-
  13. Nov 11, 2013
    "Rush Hour" is hilarious. I laughed at least fifty times throughout the movie. Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan work really well together as a team surprisingly. What disappointed me was that it didn't demonstrate Chan's full range of skills.
  14. Sep 1, 2012
    Just your average action movie with its average violence. The acting is pointless but Chris Tucker couldn't be more annoying. worthless mindless crap.
  15. Jun 1, 2013
    This is a great Comedy/Action flick from the late 90's that is really successful because of its two leads Chan & Tucker rather than its actual content. It's entertaining enough and has enough visually to make it enjoyable, and while there are better films out there like it I still enjoy watching it, and seeing what those two get up too. I'm now looking forward to watching the new two and aThis is a great Comedy/Action flick from the late 90's that is really successful because of its two leads Chan & Tucker rather than its actual content. It's entertaining enough and has enough visually to make it enjoyable, and while there are better films out there like it I still enjoy watching it, and seeing what those two get up too. I'm now looking forward to watching the new two and a potential fourth in the future Overall Chan & Tucker fans will probably enjoy this the most! Expand
  16. Dec 17, 2013
    Rush Hour is an average funny and action packed action-comedy movie, even if it is very predictable. A typical action-comedy popcorn flick which entertains and does just that.
  17. Nov 10, 2014
    Rush Hour is a predictable, above average funny and action packed action-comedy movie. It is a typical action-comedy popcorn flick set out to entertain and does just that.
  18. RushHour
    Sep 22, 2003
    This Movie is one of the best movies that exists.
  19. BengerH.
    Nov 16, 2003
    A great film with Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker. they made the movie so there would be comedy from the beginning to the end.
  20. TommyL.
    Jul 21, 2003
    Simple...but perfect. Simply perfect. Tucker and Chan are perfect together. One of the most entertaining movies I have ever seen.
    Dec 5, 2004
    Jackie chan has some great moves. chris tucker is funny as hell. one of the best movies of the year.
  22. AndrewM
    Aug 29, 2004
    It was the most recurring thought I had while watching this film and it seems from the reviews above that I wasn't alone: there is nothing original about Rush Hour. The only thing that ever comes close to being original is some of Chan's incredible stunt and action work. He really is amazing! But the storyline, the characters, the acting, the look, the feel, all resonate firm It was the most recurring thought I had while watching this film and it seems from the reviews above that I wasn't alone: there is nothing original about Rush Hour. The only thing that ever comes close to being original is some of Chan's incredible stunt and action work. He really is amazing! But the storyline, the characters, the acting, the look, the feel, all resonate firm feelings of deja-vu. What saves Rush Hour from the discard pile is the strength of these familiar elements and the skill with which they were employed. I have not seen Tucker in a film before, but really I feel like I have. He style reminds me of someone.....hmm, it ain't too hard to figure out who! What saves him (and for that matter, the film) from being a joke is that he does it so damn well. At times he is annoying, at other times he is superfluous, but most of the time he is humourous and very entertaining. As for Chan, his skills will dazzle and enthrall you, and he appears to be the ultimate professional. Although his verbal acting won't win any awards, he fills the shoes of this role with great aplomb, with a little flair thrown in for good measure. The story itself is old ground and the screenplay includes no literary revelations, but it is a solid, witty script and it supports the plot adequately. Finally, the action sequences and choreography routines in Rush Hour are beautifully prepared and created. There is some really skillful work to be enjoyed here. If you liked 48 Hours, Bad Boys or any other similar buddy/cop/action film, you'll certainly enjoy this one. Have fun! Expand

1. The two characters barely even have a relationship; they're a union of demographics--the "urban" market meets the slapstick-action market.
  2. At regular intervals the film stops short for similiarly nifty Chan choreography, letting the star flip, swivel, scamper up walls and hurl large objects with his feet.
  3. Reviewed by: Ron Wells
    The stunts are great but they make sense and don't blow the sense of reality of the whole movie.