8.3

1. Jan 9, 2011
    One of my all time favorite movies. This is the movie that made me love buddy cop movies, and a Jackie Chan fan. Although, I wonder where Chris Tucker is these days.
  2. Sep 16, 2013
    One of the best buddy cop movies there is, Rush Hour takes two very different cultures, Asians and African-Americans, and throws them together in the melting pot of L.A. to solve a kidnapping case that will send them in lots of directions.

It's fun to watch Jackie Chan do karate and mount buildings in 5 seconds, and Chris Tucker's humor kills. Full of twists and some great action sequences, Rush Hour is an all-time favorite movie of mine.
  3. Sep 8, 2011
    Possibly the best buddy-cop film ever, mostly because of the slightly over-the-top kung-fu antics of Chan. It's got the perfect balance of comedy, action, and suspense. The acting could be better though.
  4. Jan 24, 2012
    I love this film so much! it's really a classic. Which is weird considering Jackie Chan didn't even get it. The plotline is silly yet very fun, the combination of Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker works really well. The film can be rather funny at times and is very light-hearted while mixing the serious story in at the same time. Everyone owes it to themselves to watch this film (and sequels).I love this film so much! it's really a classic. Which is weird considering Jackie Chan didn't even get it. The plotline is silly yet very fun, the combination of Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker works really well. The film can be rather funny at times and is very light-hearted while mixing the serious story in at the same time. Everyone owes it to themselves to watch this film (and sequels). Grab some snacks and watch a very enjoyable film. Expand
  5. Jul 27, 2011
    This movie was hilarious especially when it came out. The combination of Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan just made the movie exciting since they brought their own personalities into the movie. I was never a fan of Jackie Chan before or after Rush Hour.
  6. Mar 5, 2012
    Interesting plot and a lot of solid action as well. There is no denying that Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker have chemistry together and it shows on screen. Definently worth the watch.
  7. Nov 11, 2013
    "Rush Hour" is hilarious. I laughed at least fifty times throughout the movie. Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan work really well together as a team surprisingly. What disappointed me was that it didn't demonstrate Chan's full range of skills.
  8. Jul 7, 2012
    It's a pretty standard movie but the combination of Jackie Chan, Chris Tucker and a great script made for one hilarious movie. The action part is not too shabby either.
  9. Nov 28, 2012
    A repeatedly hilarious buddy-cop film with as many gut-busting one liners from Chris Tucker as there are jaw-dropping stunts from Jackie Chan.
  10. Sep 1, 2012
    Just your average action movie with its average violence. The acting is pointless but Chris Tucker couldn't be more annoying. worthless mindless crap.
  11. Jun 1, 2013
    This is a great Comedy/Action flick from the late 90's that is really successful because of its two leads Chan & Tucker rather than its actual content. It's entertaining enough and has enough visually to make it enjoyable, and while there are better films out there like it I still enjoy watching it, and seeing what those two get up too. I'm now looking forward to watching the new two and aThis is a great Comedy/Action flick from the late 90's that is really successful because of its two leads Chan & Tucker rather than its actual content. It's entertaining enough and has enough visually to make it enjoyable, and while there are better films out there like it I still enjoy watching it, and seeing what those two get up too. I'm now looking forward to watching the new two and a potential fourth in the future Overall Chan & Tucker fans will probably enjoy this the most! Expand
  12. Oct 16, 2014
    meta critic arent always right this is just pure class 10/10 will always rewatch this
    RIP Elizabeth pena sad to see she recently died - bomb expert girl-
  13. Dec 17, 2013
    Rush Hour is an average funny and action packed action-comedy movie, even if it is very predictable. A typical action-comedy popcorn flick which entertains and does just that.
  14. Nov 10, 2014
    Rush Hour is a predictable, above average funny and action packed action-comedy movie. It is a typical action-comedy popcorn flick set out to entertain and does just that.

1. The two characters barely even have a relationship; they're a union of demographics--the "urban" market meets the slapstick-action market.
  2. At regular intervals the film stops short for similiarly nifty Chan choreography, letting the star flip, swivel, scamper up walls and hurl large objects with his feet.
  3. Reviewed by: Ron Wells
    The stunts are great but they make sense and don't blow the sense of reality of the whole movie.