8.4

1. Aug 27, 2010
    It's hard to resist smiling through this movie. It's rarely laugh-out-loud funny, but there's an undeniable intrigue through the oddity of it all, and that's what gives the movie its strength.
  2. Nov 2, 2010
    Being a fan of so many Wes Anderson movies and Bill Murray I felt obliged to watch this film. I have to say I was not as thrilled or I simply didn't enjoy this movie as much as his other works. That is not to say this movie is not good, it is. very good movie and I would suggest it to anyone looking for a cool movie to rent if bored one night.
  3. Feb 22, 2012
    I really love this flick. Sadly I can relate to Max's delusional characteristics. He is kind of pathetic in a loveable kind of way. Wes Anderson and Owen Wilson created the most memorable and dysfunctional antilove triangle in the history of cinema in my opinion. The art direction is slick. The cast is brilliant, especially Murray. The soundtrack is filled to the brim with nostalgic tunes. It's pretty close to perfection. I'm a gonna give it a 10 just the same. Expand
  4. Feb 22, 2014
    A very peculiar, and riveting, coming of age story by brilliant director Wes Anderson. He also wrote the script along with longtime friend, Owen Wilson.

Jason Schwartzman and Bill Murray, with two excellent performances, breathe life into two very eccentric characters.

Should have watched this a lot sooner. Yet, better late than never.
  5. Jul 8, 2012
    Rushmore is a fantastic movie. It features all of Anderson's quirks and idiosyncrasies front and center. The film is funny, subtle and touching with terrific acting and sharp writing. Jason Schwartzman is a revelation here. Rushmore is a movie that just never gets old.
  6. Aug 30, 2012
    Rushmore is funny, individual and highly influential in its style, seemingly inspiring just about every quirky school-based comedy of the 2000s, from Napoleon Dynamite to Juno. It's definitely Jason Schwartzman's film, and Max Fischer is one of the most annoying egotistical brats ever committed to celluloid, but somehow he still remains a compelling protagonist thanks to Schwartzman's innate charm and undeniable skill as a character actor. Bill Murray and Olivia Williams are also great, with Murray giving one of his best performances in a role that is both comic and quite tragic, and Williams giving the film its real heart and humanity. The script, by director Wes Anderson and his permanent collaborator and longtime friend Owen Wilson, is brilliantly energetic, sharp and gag-laden, as well as being rather tender in places, and is far more successful than their screenplay for their debut film, Bottle Rocket. Occasionally the extreme kookiness of the characters and plot (often one of the film's greatest strengths) causes the film to lose a bit of focus and pace, but this rarely detracts from the fun of the whole experience - Rushmore is a really great film, with a top-notch cast, great writing, humour and poignancy aplenty. Expand
  7. j30
    Jan 30, 2012
    The cynical Rushmore is hilarious and in some way depressing. Wes Anderson's movies live in this strange universe that are both as intriguing as they're odd
  8. Apr 30, 2013
    Rushmore is extremely funny at times and Anderson did a magnificent job directing, just as the cast did with their roles. At times, Max was certainly almost painfully awkward, but despite this, everything was good. Would definitely recommend.
  9. Apr 7, 2014
    Been a long times since I saw this and I bet I wouldn't think as highly of it now. Had it's moments, but overall kinda meh. I remember some things just didn't work. I did enjoy the female lead and some of Bill Murray's parts.
  10. Jul 23, 2014
    Rushmore is Wes Anderson at his best, The character of Max is very intelligent and loveable, Jason Schwartzman was very good at entering into the character, Bill Murray also puts on a very great performance. Great Writing from Anderson and Wilson
  11. Jul 28, 2014
    This is a wonderful movie. Everyone in the world should see it because it's the best thing

10/10 and only just one of my all-time favorite films ever

-a

Weird, warm, monumentally entertaining comedy.
    It's the funniest, saddest performance of the year in a film of uncompromising wit and heart.
    Seems torn between conflicting possibilities: It's structured like a comedy, but there are undertones of darker themes, and I almost wish they'd allowed the plot to lead them into those shadows.