Wellspring Media | Release Date: November 29, 2002
7.7
Generally favorable reviews based on 37 Ratings
Watch Now
FadeBlackFeb 7, 2017
Right. So 10/10 on the costumes, and for the dedication and planning of that camera shot, but for me the most important thing in a movie is its story and characters. And in that sense, it was not so much a movie, as an overly long commercialRight. So 10/10 on the costumes, and for the dedication and planning of that camera shot, but for me the most important thing in a movie is its story and characters. And in that sense, it was not so much a movie, as an overly long commercial for the Winter Palace. Unless someone is a dramatically passionate fan of Russian history, I can not possibly imagine how this could have been engaging in any way. Yes, beautiful art, beautiful costumes, and I'm sure the Museum is a fantastic experience to visit in real life, but this effort, as interesting as a concept as it was, neither immerses the viewer in the Museum, nor follows an engaging narrative, albeit some attempt at a story was made.

Perhaps I am rating it too harshly, but to me, the definition of a movie is not something abstract and malleable.