New Line Home Video | Release Date: August 23, 2002
8.8
Universal acclaim based on 181 Ratings
WATCH NOW
Check box if your review contains spoilers 0 characteres (5000 max)
TimW.Aug 24, 2002
This movie is by far the worst film I've seen in 2002, and that includes "Gosford Park" - the murder-mystery where there's no murder for AN HOUR AND A HALF. Yes, I understood that it was a parody. Yes, I "got the message", and no, This movie is by far the worst film I've seen in 2002, and that includes "Gosford Park" - the murder-mystery where there's no murder for AN HOUR AND A HALF. Yes, I understood that it was a parody. Yes, I "got the message", and no, it wasn't frickin' amusing in the slightest. I'm telling you : SAVE YOUR MONEY. This piece of tripe isn't even worth a rental. People are comparing this thing to "The Truman Show" and "Wag The Dog"? Truman wasn't all THAT good, and it can kick this movie's head in... and this film isn't fit to wipe the poop up from "Wag The Dog"'s butt... which is sad, because neither of those films were astounding. It gets half a star simply because Pacino's in it, and half a star because someone actually was able to get it made in the first place. The dialogue is awful, the acting is second-rate, and I'm sorry to say that Simone just ain't THAT good looking. There's also holes in this thing you could back the Death Star through. In short : this film is bad-bad, and not even so bad it's good, like, say, "Army of Darkness". Anyone who tells you differently is either lying, or a sadist who wishes to see you in great pain and suffering. Collapse
RobertH.Aug 27, 2002
For those of you who forgot how to do Algebra, permit me to reiterate an old formula: Movies Released in Aug. + Simone = 0 Simply awful!
MikeD.Sep 14, 2002
This was a bad movie...predicatable and unfunny at that.
BunnyCrillJul 21, 2003
Give it a point for an original idea. Stop there. If you find yourself tied to a la-Z-boy with it playing at least beg to fast-forward through the dull and entirely predictable Pachino-Simone scenes. Ugh!
DaveS.Aug 27, 2002
sucked ass! Each time the plot turned it became more unbelievable and worse. Making matters worse, the movie is long, and every tedious moment of it is like there is a giant needle being stuck in your neck. To see it is a waste of life!