5.4

1. Aug 8, 2014
    Not a terrible idea for the film but ultimately failed as a result of Arnold's poor acting, poor choices on behalf of the direct and the editor. A story with potential but that's all.
  2. Aug 6, 2014
    Excessively violent and unbelievably scattershot, Sabotage is a mind-numbing onslaught of extreme blood and gore that completely fails to offer anything more to its audience.
  3. Aug 5, 2014
    This movie would have been better without casting Sugar as an African American. I am tired of the Race Baiting; America will no longer tolerate it in any shape or form! But aside from that, the movie has gore, the storyline is grim and there is really nothing to look forward to in the ending of this movie. Just killing and more killing and then killing the people who were originally intended to be killed. The movie is extremely vulgar and rude, nobody respects anyone in this movie. It does have a brilliantly sadistic plot that will keep you linking parts of the storyline together long after you have wished you had never seen the movie...

Women are seemingly not the kind of role models a parent would want their daughter to aspire to; IE. Drug Use, Prostitution, Being Easily Exploited Politics. You will scarcely see a woman in this movie that wasn't a total idiot.

The only thing this movie has to be proud of is still being a better movie than "Dread."
  4. Jul 31, 2014
    A dirty and sleazy cop movie that's plot, while interesting, lacks intelligence. I pretty much pegged who did it shortly after the bodies started pilling up. Arnold's team might not be the most enjoyable bunch, but the man himself delivers. It's just a shame about all that terrible dialog, the worst of it coming from Olivia Williams character.

Despite it's hard to like supporting cast
    and bad one-liners it's an overall entertaining romp. The action is suitably gory and awesome, and despite being fairly obvious the plot is entertaining. Far from the best thing Arnold's done, but he still manages to keep things watchable. Not everyone is going to like it, and it gives plenty of reasons for them not to, but there is still enough to make it enjoyable for Arnold fans or those who like their action movies dirty. Expand
  5. Jul 29, 2014
    If you have a couple of bucks to just throw out....
    VERY stupid story! Very poor acting! And even the actions were boring and far below the expectations of supposedly elite soldiers!
  6. Jul 22, 2014
    I am a huge fan of David Ayer both as a writer and a director! He first caught my eye with End of Watch, then once again with Training Day! What I'm trying to say is that Sabotage did not disappoint, he has delivered yet another classic that I am more than happy to add to my collection! Its brutal, its bloody, its deep and its thought provoking! Well done David! Keep up the good work!
  7. Jul 20, 2014
    If this is not one of the worst movies of all time then I don't know what is. God awful plot/dialogue, Weak acting by a very experienced and "talented' cast, not to mention the overly long run time. It's simply an awful movie.
  8. Jul 12, 2014
    I wasn't aware of this Arnie movie til my girlfriend downloaded it and asked,"Do you want to see a new Schwarzenegger movie?" This one was completely off my radar, and maybe it should of stayed that way. Sabotage isn't exactly a balls to the wall action film, there's a little bit of suspense thrown in for those of you new to that concept. Otherwise you've seen this formula before. Team of awesome "specialists" gets the blame for something missing/gone wrong, the leader is tossed, teams falls into disarray, leader comes back seeking payback, team gets killed one by one and there's something else, but I don't want to give it away. Trust me though when you see it it won't be anything earth-shattering. This movie falls on the dull side with boring dialog, Arnie isn't known for his acting chops, that mostly consists of cussing and insults. The action though is pretty decent, if you're looking for good gore in a movie it's here. Firefights are done well and don't seem too unrealistic, although there's one scene that had me and my girl laughing cause the blood looked more like someone dropped a bottle of BBQ sauce on the floor. In the end though it's just a very dull and forgettable movie. Arnold looks very tired in most of his scenes and all the other actors were just not interesting. It's the action in this movie that keeps it from being a total zero, but even those scenes added together only amount to something under 10 minutes. If you can watch it for free give it a go, if you're gonna pay for it pass it up. Expand
  9. Jul 11, 2014
    With the exception of a couple of instances of gimmick editing and bad dialogue (forced humor) this is about as good as it gets in the genre it occupies.

It has not been fairly treated by "popular opinion"
  10. Jul 11, 2014
    When will Hollywood learn that making your super awesome action hero suddenly loose accuracy, is not a good way to create suspense. Come on!! This was sad!
  11. May 11, 2014
    Schwacher Actionfilm.

Der einzige Grund ist Arnold. Der Rest der Schauspieler bietet mittelmäßige Leistungen.
    Die Actionszenen und noch weniger die Handlung überzeugen. Arni sollte sich mit so lausigen Filmchen nicht den ruf versauen. Eien Verschwendung seiner Klasse.
  12. Apr 10, 2014
    Yes it's another mindless Arnold Schwarzenegger vehicle, but that doesn't mean it isn't fun. It's got a pretty entertaining story and a lot of fun shootouts that is guaranteed to please die-hard fans of action. Acting is pretty standard for a type of movie like this, however, some of the actors, such as Terence Howard and Sam Worthington felt a bit wasted, as they didn't get the screentime that they deserved. The most notable performance by far was Mireille Enos, who delivered an unexpectedly sinister performance. Overall, it may be somewhat forgettable, but for what it's worth, it's definitely entertaining throughout and not as bad as people and critics have been saying it is. Expand
  13. Apr 10, 2014
    Arnold Schwarzenegger heads a gritty group of DEA agents who are being hunted down and brutally murdered. This was written/directed by David Ayer (End of Watch, Training Day) and it's shows off many of his best traits: hard-edged violence, dark dealings, witty banter and tons of testosterone (even in the women). The macho cast creates tuff, enjoyable characters with Mireille Enos (best known for "The Killing") hilariously hardcore and against type. The snappy pacing and sharp banter propel this film forward until the last third, which slows a bit before the final blowouts. Still, there's plenty to enjoy. Expand
  14. Apr 3, 2014
    A lot of blood and guts and an extreme amount of foul language. The theme was nothing new. The movie just didn't work as a whole. Also, A. Shwarzenegger, who I've enjoyed in more light hearted movies, was placed in a role which was not him. Way too serious for him.
  15. Apr 3, 2014
    I was really looking forward to a dumb night at the movies with the "violent and brutal" SABOTAGE featuring our former governor. Awnold is dweadful. The cast includes some major players--all given nothing to do. The script is awful, Screaming **** every other word is not wit. But worst of all, it is directed at a Downton Abbey pace. In fact, Downton is more action oriented. Much more!

The subject and plot is over the top but no one is given a shot to ham or camp it up. A real dud of the highest, or lowest, order.
  16. Apr 2, 2014
    Some people call them plot twists. I call it jumping the shark. This serious and violent film jumps the shark more than "Sharkanado" did last year, and that was a lot of sharks! By the end of the film I couldn't tell you if I liked this one or not? I still am not sure. The director tried to cater to the Arnold image but it feels shoehorned into a borderline horror fest thriller like "Seven" or "8MM". I did like it better than that campy "The Last Stand" from last year. Expand
  17. Mar 30, 2014
    Arnold was great in it and it's uber violent in all the best ways, but it's also not an action movie. It's more of a mystery thriller that has some action scenes. All the characters and actors are wasted outside of Arnold though and the "twists' and narrative are nothing special. I really like Arnold movies but this is probably one of the few I just can't get into.
  18. Mar 30, 2014
    Wrong movie for Shwarzenegger. It is a gritty and gruesome action movie, and Shwarzenegger is obviously out of his usual element. It is a disaster. It is depressing watching him in this one. Nobody sane in mind would call Shwartzenegger in a movie like this.
  19. Mar 29, 2014
    The story, in itself, is not too bad. I feel they could have done quite a bit better in portraying the dialogue. Every other word starts with either an f or a s, the script is more or less generic. The characters are... lackluster, half of them are killed off before we really knew anything about them other than their partying lifestyle. It did not build upon half of the people we should have cared about. Really the best parts were the opening gunfight and the ending scene where he has finished what he sought after. It was just... not done well... The movie wasn't bad, but it wasn't what it desperately needed to be. I would wait for the dvd/netflix release. Expand
  20. Mar 29, 2014
    Finally - the return of real men on the big screen! The story had some suspense and a couple of good plots - so that was a nice surprise.

But the most important thing about this movie - it finally shows new generations what manliness is. Enough of crying Spiderman (because his girlfriends dumped him) and 'superheroes' who do yoga.

I love the last scene. It had something
    'western-like'. A very long single shot, dolly in and that satisfied subtle smile. Welcome back Arni! You are the man. Expand
  21. Mar 28, 2014
    Sabotage has a few blind-siding plot twists that don't quite work, but for the most part this is a solidly executed and suitably sleazy genre flick. Arnold Schwarzenegger may not be the best thing in Sabotage, but this is the best film that he's done in a long time. Sabotage is far more effective than its action-centric trailers have suggested, with the film more a mystery-thriller that actually offers Arnold Schwarzenegger and the cool ensemble a chance to act and not just shoot guns. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Amon Warmann
    May 21, 2014
    Arnie completists will enjoy seeing the Austrian Oak in good form, but as a whodunit thriller Sabotage is found severely wanting.
  2. Reviewed by: Simon Crook
    May 5, 2014
    A bloody, scuzzy, progressively preposterous whodunnit, blending old school and new wave to neutering effect. One chunky plus: the all-new Antihero Arnie.
  3. Reviewed by: Drew McWeeny
    Apr 18, 2014
    There's a great sense of rot to everything as shot by Bruce McCleery, and David Sardy's score is propulsive and appropriately caustic. What ultimately works about Sabotage is the way it so unabashedly plays rough.