Safe

7.3

1. Sep 7, 2012
    Awesome movie with insanely cool action, terrific acting, and a great plot. It's one of the best action movies I've seen in a long time and I highly recommend it.
  2. Jul 13, 2013
    Like most Jason Statham movies, Safe was very entertaining and had tons of action and great fighting sequences. Unlike most though, and this was a good thing, the plot and character development was actually very good and the acting, though not a requirement in an action film with little drama and emotion, was also good. Statham is a BA, period. The critics will never love his moviesLike most Jason Statham movies, Safe was very entertaining and had tons of action and great fighting sequences. Unlike most though, and this was a good thing, the plot and character development was actually very good and the acting, though not a requirement in an action film with little drama and emotion, was also good. Statham is a BA, period. The critics will never love his movies because they're rather have artsy fartsy cinematic flare over just straight up, hard core action. This is why the best action movies never get high acclaim from them and never will. Regardless, if you like action and fighting movies, this is a movie for you. Expand
  3. Apr 30, 2012
    The plot is old school Clint Eastwood/Dirty Harry, but with a lot more violence. Bad cops, Asian Mafia, Russian Mafia, can't trust anybody, etc etc etc. However, the action scenes are riveting and there are a lot of them. The director uses the dreaded motion camera, but you can still see what's going on in most of the scenes. I feel Jason Stathom is the Clint Eastwood of action films,The plot is old school Clint Eastwood/Dirty Harry, but with a lot more violence. Bad cops, Asian Mafia, Russian Mafia, can't trust anybody, etc etc etc. However, the action scenes are riveting and there are a lot of them. The director uses the dreaded motion camera, but you can still see what's going on in most of the scenes. I feel Jason Stathom is the Clint Eastwood of action films, a man of few words, but talks with his fists and facial expressions. Clint was criticized a lot for making the same film over and over, but I felt every movie he did was entertaining in its own way, and I feel that way about Jason Stathom. This is a well done, entertaining film. Expand
  4. Mar 24, 2013
    Safe is safe for the most part, not much blood, and no sex scenes.I thought it was a good movie. Did it have allot of action? YES! And what is wrong with that? It had a good enough story to fill in between the drama. I don`t understand how people go into a movie like this expecting some kind of deep story.
  5. Jan 6, 2015
    Excelente filme!!!!
    Jason Statham como sempre está excelente,com uma atuação genial.
    Filme de ação bem cru estilo anos 80 amo isso.
    Extremamente empolgante
  6. Nov 4, 2012
    Significantly better than most run-of-the-mill Statham action thrillers. Just goes to show how just a little back story can push a film above mediocrity.
  7. Apr 28, 2012
    Really enjoyed this movie. Cool plot with awesome action. Don't expect much more. But I say it is definitely worth the money to see as it is a great ride and is better than most every other movie out for the last and next few weeks. Personally not sure why it is rated R. There's no nudity and no blood and hardly any swearing. I say it's a PG-13 level IMO. So if you're comfortable with withReally enjoyed this movie. Cool plot with awesome action. Don't expect much more. But I say it is definitely worth the money to see as it is a great ride and is better than most every other movie out for the last and next few weeks. Personally not sure why it is rated R. There's no nudity and no blood and hardly any swearing. I say it's a PG-13 level IMO. So if you're comfortable with with taking kids to a pg13 show this movie should be fine. Expand
  8. May 12, 2012
    SAFE is loud, violent and funny, and most of all, really enjoyable. Out of all the Jason Statham films I have seen, SAFE is the best.
  9. Mar 5, 2014
    A pretty good action movie, action scenes are done uniquely and the idea is pretty cool. Overall it is an enjoyable action movie, sometimes the action scenes can get a little lackluster but it is still a kind little action movie.
  10. Oct 6, 2012
    Great movie, plenty of action and has an actual plot that develops well. Also has quite alot of gore and blood. Although that helps with the reality of the plot. Overall this movie is just another example of a very good Jason Statham movie.
  11. Apr 27, 2012
    mercury rising 2....with a vengeance! seriously this has been done. directors aren't even trying anymore with this bs. EXPLOSION! PEW PEW PEW!!!! and of coarse the gifted child that can memorize anything is an asian girl! i feel a 1st grader could have written the story line for this movie and done an as good if not better job.
  12. May 2, 2012
    Really enjoyed this statham's movie. In fact, Safe plays like a whoâ
  13. May 7, 2012
    Statham is at his most comfortathable in films such as this, brutal violence and cheesy one liners. By design its an adrenaline fuelled ride and in that sense it certainly lives up. If you enjoy your action films then this is one to add to your bed notch, war movies apart, it is possibly the most killings in a film iv ever seen!
  14. May 8, 2012
    It is typical a Jason Statham film. Action, action, action. From power punches until to realy really smal lovestorie. It is not so good as Transporter or Crank. The little Girl played realy well. She's playing in the film so real, that you don't think she's an actor. I think New York is a good place that they took. Definitely the metro made a good touch in the movie. But yeah the wholeIt is typical a Jason Statham film. Action, action, action. From power punches until to realy really smal lovestorie. It is not so good as Transporter or Crank. The little Girl played realy well. She's playing in the film so real, that you don't think she's an actor. I think New York is a good place that they took. Definitely the metro made a good touch in the movie. But yeah the whole history isn't new, allready filmed. But for a action night in the cinema is this a good choize. Expand
  15. May 22, 2012
    Safe is a rather entertaining and somewhat competent action flick. It features some nice brutal action and a surprisingly intelligent relationship between a hero and a little girl he is protecting. The movie does, admittedly, take too long setting up the situation before the two meet; I'd estimate a solid third of the movie, which is a tad annoying since it is all a series of flashbacks.Safe is a rather entertaining and somewhat competent action flick. It features some nice brutal action and a surprisingly intelligent relationship between a hero and a little girl he is protecting. The movie does, admittedly, take too long setting up the situation before the two meet; I'd estimate a solid third of the movie, which is a tad annoying since it is all a series of flashbacks. There is also a distinct lack of action in this opening chapter as well, despite a high amount of tension, enemies being forged in a series of rather heated moments. When the action comes, however, it is engaging and energetic. The reason for all action sequences is generally clear, and this helps the audience connect with the situation in the movie. Additionally, when Statham engages in a fight scene, he not only pulls a convincing performance of anger and fury, but also a clear look of desperation, as he is on a personal mission to keep this girl safe and free. And that brings me up to another point: I also appreciated that Statham's character is helping this girl on his own accord, for understandable but non-sappy personal reasons, versus some cliche reason, such as being a mercenary, or her being the daughter of some VIP. And the ending of the movie does leave one with a reasonable amount of satisfaction; if there is a sequel or not is pretty much unimportant. As an action movie, it's enjoyable - the gunfights are tight and the shoot-outs/fight sequences are very well choreographed and blocked. My only serious complaint is that the cinematography often has the camera too close in on the action; a common problem with today's movies, and still annoying, but not the worst I've seen. Expand

1. Reviewed by: James Mottram
    May 7, 2012
    With Yakin's all-action plot operating like clockwork, an on-song Statham proves anything but expendable in a genre he dominates. Predictable, sure, but equally pleasurable.
  2. Reviewed by: Mark Jenkins
    May 3, 2012
    There's a back story to this, and it's actually sort of witty.
  3. Reviewed by: Tom Russo
    Apr 30, 2012
    Writer-director Boaz Yakin delivers his conflicting elements mostly as intended, and with obvious ambition. But he fails to take care of certain fundamentals - most problematically, coaxing out the emotion he's seeking from Statham and young newcomer Catherine Chan.