6.3

1. Aug 5, 2011
    A magnificent film,which will keep you completely engaged from the opening scene right through the credits. Totally absorbing and the crowd (mostly grey-haired) were respectfully silent for the entire 2 hours. The movie beautiful weaves the past and the present into a compelling tapestry which has a searing, if not entirely surprising, conclusion. Tears filled my eyes at the conclusion, tears shed for so many reasons. I must admit to a particular affinity for themes of this nature. Nevertheless, I was terribly impressed. Collapse
  2. Apr 23, 2012
    Interesting and heartbreaking movie in many respects. However....I watched this movie with English sub-titles and these were the worst sub-titles that I have seen in 40 years of watching foreign films. The company who did the subtitles obviously did not either speak French or English - one or the other. The subtitles looked as if they had been done by a computer generated program like Babel Fish or Google Translate with all of the faux pas and oddities that come with using those programs. To me, the screwed up subtitles were off-putting and detracted from the movie. Besides the screwed up translations, there were spelling errors such as words with a Quote Mark at one end of the sentence and no closing quote. One line said something like "I will meet u". instead of "you". These are mistakes that should not have happened in the international release of a movie. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Roger Moore
    Aug 28, 2011
    That makes Sarah's Key that rare Holocaust tale that punches through the cobwebs of history and its dry, inhuman statistics, and brings that terrible past to life.
  2. Reviewed by: Mick LaSalle
    Aug 4, 2011
    It does provide audiences with the satisfaction of seeing and hearing an important truth expressed, and that's better than making you feel good. That's making you feel something.
  3. Reviewed by: Marjorie Baumgarten
    Aug 4, 2011
    Although Sarah's Key sometimes seems as though it's about to create a moral equivalency between the two tales, it never crosses that delicate line.