Paramount Pictures | Release Date: January 12, 2001
8.8
Universal acclaim based on 206 Ratings
WATCH NOW
BrianGJan 9, 2006
I absolutely loved this movie. It's inspirational in a sense, and is the only 'chick flick' I've watched more than once.
MiaT.Jun 2, 2006
This is the coolest movie ever i really like the dancing, it proves that no matter what color you are you can be accepted, i mean she was acceptd before she learned how they are she fit in right away she just had to open up and once she did This is the coolest movie ever i really like the dancing, it proves that no matter what color you are you can be accepted, i mean she was acceptd before she learned how they are she fit in right away she just had to open up and once she did everyone realized how great of a person she was. What an amazing movie, i really likes the song true colors it was inspiring and i liked the part which is my favorite is where sara and derek do the competition dance that was so cool and i learned that dance. Expand
NikolaK.Jul 7, 2007
Great movie.
BrittanyA.Oct 26, 2005
I thought that the movie was awesome. I thought that the tables stood have been turned around though, and had Sara be black, and Derick be white, because even if we hardily see any interacial dating on film at all in the real world you I thought that the movie was awesome. I thought that the tables stood have been turned around though, and had Sara be black, and Derick be white, because even if we hardily see any interacial dating on film at all in the real world you always see black guys,a nd white girls together. I gave the movie a 10, because it was very good. I liked how no matter what color, or background they were from they weren't ashamed to be in love, and passionate about different types of dance. If there was to be a sequel I hope that the girl is balck an the guy is white. People need to see the tables turned sometimes. Expand
0 of 1 users found this helpful
NikolaK.May 30, 2002
Great movie.
ChristianH.Jan 8, 2004
This movie is awesome I know want to learn how to dance like her. And Elizabeth you are wrong this movie seems real I like it a lot of people took time to make it so just shut up when you start diss'n my movie again. pfffff please!
juliaa.May 22, 2005
This movie is the best i see it all the time in my house.
KatieD.Oct 26, 2001
I loved this movie. It's so real and the soundtrack rules!!
BrianD.Sep 4, 2001
I love this movie. It's totally awesome. I use the choreography!
JoW.Jan 20, 2002
I would have given it a rating ten times higher than this! It is the best movie I have ever seen! It deals with so many important issues that are going on in the world today. Julia Stiles and Sean Patrick Thomas were brilliant!
MichelleP.Mar 6, 2002
This is by far my favorite movie...I love the slammin' dance moves and the songs to dance to. The ratings just don't go high enough. It makes you move in you seat as soon as you hear the music.
EmiliaM.Aug 18, 2003
I love this movie!!!! I watch it everyday!!! It's a must see!!!!!!
KateSep 8, 2003
I LOVE THIS MOVIE! The dancing is amazing. I've even been trying to learn the dance. A MUST SEE!
SandraH.Jan 20, 2004
Perfect crew for a great movie. Brings out truths that aren't seen every day.
MegS.Jan 20, 2004
I loved it!
JodieP.Mar 18, 2004
I love this film its one of the best films in my book coz iam a dancer i learn parts of the move on this film and put it in my own dance.
SamanthaL.Jun 7, 2004
It is a great film, it is a good romance film and i love it! i watch it all the time.
nikitaf.May 12, 2005
It was a great.
AshleyNov 3, 2001
Save the Last Dance is very comparable to many people who live their lives like Julia Styles does in the movie, or like Sean Patrick Thomas' life in the movie, and i just thought the movie was fantastic.. well done.
VanessaT.Apr 27, 2001
It's the best movie I have ever seen. I love Julia Stiles. She's a great actress. I loved the story too. It's funny, romantic and so cool. I've already watched it twice. But I think I'm gonna watch it again. The It's the best movie I have ever seen. I love Julia Stiles. She's a great actress. I loved the story too. It's funny, romantic and so cool. I've already watched it twice. But I think I'm gonna watch it again. The dancing is SO COOL, and there's some really cool music featured in the movie. Expand
AmandaM.Jun 24, 2001
Sweet -- my new favorite movie!
BryM.Aug 10, 2001
I love this movie...I want to know that name of the song she danced to though...any helpers??
KatharineL.Jan 10, 2002
It's an emotional an fantastic movie. Julia Stiles is great alongside Sean Patrick Thomas. It really makes you think about the black and white division that is still happening in the world.
CassieW.Feb 10, 2002
I loved this movie. Sean and Julia worked well together. Now I am gonna watch it a lot more because I have the movie now. Thanx for makin a great movie!!!
JessicaS.Feb 14, 2002
"Dirty Dancing" meets "Romeo and Juliet!" FANTASTIC! I loved it!
CamilleB.Mar 29, 2002
I loved it because it has Sean Patrick Thomas in it & because it has lots of dancing in it.
RachelW.Apr 7, 2002
I loved this movie cause Sean Patrick Thomas was in it and it's so romantic. How lucky is Julia Stiles? Getting to kiss him. He's so hot.
BlizzLoverApr 9, 2002
This film gave me the taste of dancing. There are many feeling, it?s sweet and very interesting! When you see this movie, it's sure you smile.
DaisyD.May 9, 2002
It's just WONDERFUL. That's all I can say about this movie.
MegS.Jul 26, 2002
I loved it!
ErinB.ALASKASep 30, 2002
I love this movie and watch it over and over. It makes you feel like you are in the setting, which is totally cool. And FREDRO STARR!!! OWW...what a babe*!!!! I love him to pieces and Sean Patrick Thomas is a hottie too. I could watch this I love this movie and watch it over and over. It makes you feel like you are in the setting, which is totally cool. And FREDRO STARR!!! OWW...what a babe*!!!! I love him to pieces and Sean Patrick Thomas is a hottie too. I could watch this movie all day long if I had nothing else to do. I would love to see a save the last dance 2. It's nice to see other people who love the movie as much as I do...at least I know I'm not going insane. And for all you who don't like the movie, you got bad taste!! FREDRO STARR ALL THE WAY BABY!!! Collapse
JuliaS.Dec 9, 2003
It`s a great film with a fantastic story line! It`s my favourite movie! My girl friend mandy and me, we saw it ca. 19x! We dance some steps out of this movie! Sara you are the best! we love you.
CuteChikaFeb 25, 2003
Der beste film aller zeiten!!!
HanneW.Aug 22, 2003
I love the dancing and music.
AshleyP.Jan 29, 2004
I love the movie i watch it all the time.
SummerD.Mar 18, 2004
It has a really touching story that is full of emotion. and wats best bout dis movies iz dat ppl ov all ages will b able 2 undastand and appreciate the movie. Best movie i have eva seen!
SaraP.Mar 21, 2004
I love this movie! it's very realistic and its fun! They should make a sequal where there married with kids and she should like maybe teach a dance class or something!
LauraD.Mar 30, 2004
Great!
MaryEllenP.Feb 9, 2005
I LOVED IT! awesome movie!
DonnaC.Sep 2, 2005
The movie was terrific. I loved that Sara loved Derek, it didn't bother her the color of his skin or what people thought. My favorite scenes are Stepps and the kissing.
DoloresA.Nov 2, 2001
I think this movie kicks butt. Julia Stiles and Sean Patrick Thomas Blew up the scene with awesome attitudes. Julia and Sean were quick witted and smart. I loved the movie.
TinaW.Nov 25, 2001
This is the sweetest, coolest an best movie EVER! I LOVE IT!
KristenK.Nov 6, 2001
This was one of the best movies I have ever seen. It is one of my favorite movies. I think that the actors and actresses were really good...I loved this movie.
KirstyW.Dec 19, 2001
Totaly brilliant.
StephanieVanL.Dec 21, 2001
I just love this movie, but only the beginning is a bit boring. What I like the most is the fact that u can learn the hiphopdance yourself while watching the movie. The interracial relation is also cool, cause we don't get to see that a I just love this movie, but only the beginning is a bit boring. What I like the most is the fact that u can learn the hiphopdance yourself while watching the movie. The interracial relation is also cool, cause we don't get to see that a lot in movies. People should make more movies like this one. Expand
LisaC.Dec 30, 2001
On a scale from 1-10, I give it an 11. This movie took a stand and brought out an issue many people are afraid to talk about-interracial dating. There DEFINITELY needs to be more movies that talk about this issue so people can get over their On a scale from 1-10, I give it an 11. This movie took a stand and brought out an issue many people are afraid to talk about-interracial dating. There DEFINITELY needs to be more movies that talk about this issue so people can get over their petty, ignorant prejudices. Expand
PedroB.Dec 4, 2001
It was the best movie that I had ever seen, and the soundtrack is even better.
JessicaC.Dec 5, 2001
It lets people get an idea of how many issues teens must put up with. Sometimes you do have like 20 different problems going on at one time in your life. I give hats off to Thomas Carter.
KellyA.Oct 7, 2001
This is a great movie! I love the music and the dancing. To me I can relate to the interracial dating part. I have a very loved person in my life that I will never forget. He helped change my life!
LexieJun 26, 2001
It is the best movie I have ever seen. Derek is so sweet, cute and supportive. If all guys were like that it would be a perfect world for us girls.
StephanieB.Aug 22, 2001
This is one of the best movies I've seen in a looong time!
CatherineS.Jan 23, 2002
I loved it. It was a great movie!!
AngelaB.Jan 27, 2002
It was a great movie. I don't like dance, but for a movie ABOUT dance it was great!!!
RachaelS.Jan 30, 2002
This movie was by far one of the best movies of the year, as a teenager I can identify with a lot of the characters and its not like some punk out after school special, it has actual things that us as teenagers have to deal with.
StephanieFeb 2, 2002
This movie is AMAZING, it's one of the best movies I've ever seen. Julia Stiles and Sean Patrick Thomas work amazing together. They should work together on another movie!
CelienC.Feb 4, 2002
It's a very cool, great, slammin, fantastic,...film!!! I'm going to buy this film for my birthday (18-04-1987) because I like it so much!!! A great applause for sara and derek!
AshlieFeb 4, 2002
I loved this movie. It inspired me to dance and look at people differently. Plus Stiles and Thomas are great together.
JordannyB.Apr 28, 2002
Great movie, nice moves... seen it 5 times, still enjoying it.
ChelseaK.May 12, 2002
This is the best movie i have ever seen....It has awesome music and dancing....Sean Patrick Thomas is damn fine...There is only one word to describe this movie *Excellent*...Julia Stiles was really good in it....I think everyone should watch This is the best movie i have ever seen....It has awesome music and dancing....Sean Patrick Thomas is damn fine...There is only one word to describe this movie *Excellent*...Julia Stiles was really good in it....I think everyone should watch this movie....Best Movie Ever Expand
CassandraM.May 12, 2002
Is there going to be a save the last dance 2? it would be cool if there was. i like this movie a lot and my mom always tells me not to watch it everyday (i watch it anyway). It shows people that you can date of a different race and fit in.Is there going to be a save the last dance 2? it would be cool if there was. i like this movie a lot and my mom always tells me not to watch it everyday (i watch it anyway). It shows people that you can date of a different race and fit in. The dancing in the movie is cool! I hope there is going to be a #2!!! The songs on the movie were great. Expand
JanaeMay 29, 2002
I loved this movie!
CassieJun 13, 2002
It was an awsome film and I have seen it over 15 times. Sean Patrick Thomas was sooooo hot in this movie. I loved the music and the dancing.
K.R.Jun 4, 2002
This was the coolest movie ever!! not to mention w/lots of hot guys ;)
S.R.Jul 18, 2002
I really enjoyed this movie. It shows how two people from different lifestyles can get together. I would reccomend this movie to anyone. Plus Sean Patrick Thomas is a hottie!!
KariNov 12, 2003
I love the fact that this movie proves you dont have to be a certain color to love. It goes beyond that and it sends a good message to everyone: No matter what color your skin is you should alwayz keep up the fight and work hard for what you I love the fact that this movie proves you dont have to be a certain color to love. It goes beyond that and it sends a good message to everyone: No matter what color your skin is you should alwayz keep up the fight and work hard for what you want and love at the same time. Expand
EmmaP.Jan 15, 2003
I think it is a great flim, the dancing is great and Sean Patrick Thomas (Derek) is so FIT its amazing, i hope theres a look alike out there for me! i watch it over and over i cant get enough of it!
CourtneyH.Oct 16, 2003
WOW!! I love this movie! Not only is sean patick thomas hott but it taught me to strive for my dream no matter what, beacause if i know its what i want then its all me!!!! This movie is awesome!
GabriellaK.Nov 8, 2003
This is one of my all-time favorite movies. I loved the story line. The dancing is awesom and the music is great! Julia Stiles and Sean Patrick Thomas were a hit. It also showed that interracial romances can work out if you want them to. This is one of my all-time favorite movies. I loved the story line. The dancing is awesom and the music is great! Julia Stiles and Sean Patrick Thomas were a hit. It also showed that interracial romances can work out if you want them to. This movie showed that if you can believe it you can achieve it. Expand
AmandaS.Dec 24, 2003
This movie is one of the best movie I've ever seen! It has a lot of emotional impact throughout the movie,and most defenetly Sarah.The story so realistic,and the interracial realtionship between Derek and Sarah. I hope there will be aThis movie is one of the best movie I've ever seen! It has a lot of emotional impact throughout the movie,and most defenetly Sarah.The story so realistic,and the interracial realtionship between Derek and Sarah. I hope there will be a Save the Last Dance 2. Expand
CassandraF.Dec 5, 2003
I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!!!
ElenaD.Oct 7, 2003
I luv this film.
BabebeautifulMay 3, 2003
It's about a movie like this comes out. It has so many good Interesting and important themes that make people think. Nothing is wrong with dating other cultures it's actully very good, it opens up your mind to new things. I'm It's about a movie like this comes out. It has so many good Interesting and important themes that make people think. Nothing is wrong with dating other cultures it's actully very good, it opens up your mind to new things. I'm so happy that Save the Last dance made an impact on people. Expand
DanielaSep 20, 2003
I think this movie is grate. I love it. The hip-hop is muy live.
HeatherR.Jan 17, 2004
I love this movie and all of the movies that Julia plays in i have seen them ALL!! she is a VERY good actor!! plz e mail me back!! and tell him some more interesting storys about her plz bc i am doin her for a report in my school!! plz send I love this movie and all of the movies that Julia plays in i have seen them ALL!! she is a VERY good actor!! plz e mail me back!! and tell him some more interesting storys about her plz bc i am doin her for a report in my school!! plz send me some info! Thanks Heather. Expand
TracyH.Jun 6, 2004
Was a great film.
KatarinaK.Jul 12, 2004
A truely inspirational movie for people of all ages! I watch it when I need a good pick-me-up. A winner! Definitely a 10!
KayleaV.Mar 12, 2005
This movie was the best movie I have ever seen, from the plot to the dancing, it was all great. I dont think any movie will ever be able to compare. I watch the movie over and over again and i have learned over half the dance.
AshleyM.Nov 23, 2001
This Movie Is AWESOME, I LOVE Julia Stiles she?s so original, she can do anything. This movie was just great all around, that's why I gave it a 10!!
KinaC.Nov 6, 2001
We need more movies that help us understand the delicate issue of interracial dating so that others will stop their prejudice. A 10 for sure!
SummerB.Dec 12, 2001
This movie was the best! I lOVE the characters and the portrayal of the ghetto. They also are acting like the average person and it made you feel like you were there. I really understood it.
C.GroellerMay 19, 2001
This movie kicks butt and I think it should be out to buy right now!!!! I went to it opening night, and me and my friends thought it was the best movie we've seen in a long time.
LaneyS.Jun 13, 2001
I just want to say that the movie was the best ever made. I've seen alot of movies before, but I really truly enjoyed and loved this one. I felt like I was in the movie because I'm white and my boyfriend is black, but we both get I just want to say that the movie was the best ever made. I've seen alot of movies before, but I really truly enjoyed and loved this one. I felt like I was in the movie because I'm white and my boyfriend is black, but we both get along so well. So anyways I think that this movie really deserves a big 10. Also good job to the two Julia Styles, and Sean Patrick Thomas. Expand
AnneAug 13, 2001
It was great, I loved it, Sean is so cute.
CherryAug 24, 2001
I really love the movie, especially when Julia and Sean were dancing. Their moves are very new. The movie was played by wonderful actors. The movie made me want to watch it over and over again. I LUV IT!!
MichaelC.Sep 15, 2001
Save the Last Dance is a film that will be loved by teenagers and dance freaks, but for the rest of us, I don?t really know how people will react. Maybe you?ll look at it as a re-hash of ?Dirty Dancing? in a more modern form or maybe you?ll Save the Last Dance is a film that will be loved by teenagers and dance freaks, but for the rest of us, I don?t really know how people will react. Maybe you?ll look at it as a re-hash of ?Dirty Dancing? in a more modern form or maybe you?ll see it as touching, emotional and dramatic. I found myself wedging my comments around the middle and near the top. Save the Last Dance to me was above average and enjoyable for the short running time. I?m honestly not a big fan of dance movies, but with Save the Last Dance I actually enjoyed the dance scenes. The emotional scenes with Julia Stiles and Sean Patrick Thomas where very believable. Julia and Sean, especially Sean, give great performances in a movie that is not a masterpiece or even great but still make the movie shine in their scenes. With a lot of movies, I change my mind, often when I am reviewing the movie. Now is supposed to be the part when I say the bad things about this movie and why I was going to give a 6/10, but I can?t really come up with much apart from the film?s predictability and the annoying race issue. Come to think of it, I actually really liked this movie. It?s quite boring in some scenes but does much better than the recent teen films. Save the Last Dance is overall an enjoyable dramatic film with excellent performances, a surprisingly well-written script and characters you can respect. Well done! Expand
SarahNov 15, 2002
*AwEsOmE mOvIe! I loved it, julia stiles is a great actress & the movie itself was just great! You should go see the move, it's wonderful*
CoraleeP.Jan 12, 2002
I luv this movie. I saw it 4 times in 2 days, it is one of the best movies i have ever seen. It totally gets 2 thumbs up aswell as 2 toes up.
JannaApr 14, 2002
Great film. It's definitely top in my charts. It seems so realistic.
CarmenB.Apr 21, 2002
The best movie ever!!! The music 's very cool, the actors too and the dance is amazing!!!! I don't understand why the critics are so average, maybe because the people who write the reviews are so old and don't understandThe best movie ever!!! The music 's very cool, the actors too and the dance is amazing!!!! I don't understand why the critics are so average, maybe because the people who write the reviews are so old and don't understand anytihing about dance ,hip-pop and young people. Expand
ShortyL.Apr 28, 2002
This movie is tha bomb 4 sho!!!!! Sean Patrick Thomas is a hotty 4 life... ciao
VickiW.Jun 17, 2002
It's my fave film! heres the link for my club about it - plz join!! http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/ilovesavethelastdance
ChloëSep 28, 2002
This film had it all and its the best movie i have ever seen, and if you can read between the lines you would get so much more out of this movie then you can get out of any other movie...SEE IT.
TanyaS.Nov 12, 2003
Awesome! I love it. It's not some stupid movie, it really passed the cut! Every1 should c it.
ElisabethB.Nov 29, 2003
Yeh Save the Last Dance was a good movie because it had a good plot to it. But i think that sara kinda acted her color if ya know that i mean !! Nikki i would have stayed with her because she's pretty and she can dance !! It was so Yeh Save the Last Dance was a good movie because it had a good plot to it. But i think that sara kinda acted her color if ya know that i mean !! Nikki i would have stayed with her because she's pretty and she can dance !! It was so unreal !! Why woukd you quit Ballet just because your mom died? That doesn't make any sense !! Chanel she was cool and i liked her clothes !! Expand
CandaceNov 6, 2003
Save the Last Dance is an inspirational film about the love of different cultures which puts through the point that people from different worlds from different back grounds CAN love each other. and then you just have to go for your dreams. Save the Last Dance is an inspirational film about the love of different cultures which puts through the point that people from different worlds from different back grounds CAN love each other. and then you just have to go for your dreams. Your dreams and goals are yours and no one else's, you have to be the one to come back, never give up and always try your best. A truly well rounded and awesome film. Expand
MartaNov 8, 2003
It great film!!!
MollyH.Sep 23, 2003
this is one of muh all time fav. movies!!! I love it! muh friends and I learned all the dances they do in this movie! yal gotsta see this one...
DanielleM.Oct 15, 2004
Really I would give this movie 100 because I personally LOVE this movie to death I watch this movie every single day and I never get tired of it I love every bit of it and I would have punched that girl if she started dancing with my man and Really I would give this movie 100 because I personally LOVE this movie to death I watch this movie every single day and I never get tired of it I love every bit of it and I would have punched that girl if she started dancing with my man and I think Julia Stiles did a good job playing Sara in this movie especially when she hit Niki. Expand