7.7

1. Apr 25, 2012
    Saved! is a must see for anyone who has survived the sterile Christian culture bubble and come out on the other side with a better understanding of faith. The satire is humorous and spot on as it tackles the many quirks of a young Christian. The audience for this film is likely limited, but I still laugh out loud every time I watch it. My only criticism of the film lies with some of theSaved! is a must see for anyone who has survived the sterile Christian culture bubble and come out on the other side with a better understanding of faith. The satire is humorous and spot on as it tackles the many quirks of a young Christian. The audience for this film is likely limited, but I still laugh out loud every time I watch it. My only criticism of the film lies with some of the subpar acting. Parker and Donovan are stellar and Fugit and Moore hold their own, but the wooden performances of Malone, Culkin, and Martino leave something to be desired. Still, I must recomend this film as one of my favorite comedies. Expand

If director Brian Dannelly were interested in taking his film into the realm of camp, the gag might have worked, but as is, it simply gives the impression that he doesn't quite know what he's talking about.
  2. Reviewed by: Don R. Lewis
    Saved! is just a sweet and funny movie that starts off with bite but settles into an honest feeling of happiness and acceptance for all types of people and their choices.
  3. Reviewed by: Duane Byrge
    This comedic jape delivers some sharp jabs at obvious targets, namely the boosterish excesses of American religiosity.