7.1

1. JustinS.
    Aug 22, 2008
    Critics don't know good movies if it showed up at their front door. This movie rocks and is hilarious.
  2. DanF.
    Jun 11, 2008
    The last 3rd is pretty weak, but it's a genuinely funny movie. Can't understand all the low scores.
  3. StevenL.
    Aug 29, 2008
    I know it's stupid, I know it deserves the bad ratings. But i can't lie, I'd watch it again. Steve Zahn & Jack Black are two guys that can make bad movies watchable.
  4. rafaelL.
    Aug 20, 2005
    The funniest movie i ever see.
  5. GlennM.
    Aug 21, 2005
    Very funny, most odd critic reviews I have ever seen.
  6. adam
    Aug 28, 2005
    I would have to admit, at first I hated this movie, but then I watched it again, and I loved it. Its one of those movies that is so dumb that you have to laugh at it.
  7. BonehoC.
    Apr 16, 2006
    Very, very bad. The movie falls apart so fast that it actually relies on making Jack Black's character gay to throw in some extra laughes, none of which work.
  8. JacksonG.
    Jan 4, 2007
    Awesome. One of the few movies in which Jack Black is actually funny (the other he barely appears in: High Fidelity).
  9. Guy!
    Apr 24, 2007
    Funniest Jack black movie ever! It really brings out his character.
  10. JerryP.
    Jul 12, 2007
    By far Jack Black's funniest movie. I have laughed harder in very few movies.
  11. AmyP.
    Dec 22, 2003
    This movie was very funny it had me laughing like every minute I loved it a lot.
  12. BlancoA.
    Feb 9, 2001
    The first hour is absolutely hillarious, but as the story "develops," the comedy falls off a very steep cliff. And Amanda Peet couldn't act her way out of a paper bag.
  13. DaleB.
    Dec 2, 2002
    One of...if not the BEST movie!!! Jack Black is hilarious in it! I dont know why they gave it a 18 but it should have gotten a 100.....i dont know why metacritic gives all the crap movies 100's...like Y tu mama tambien....IT SUCKED! THIS RULES!
  14. FelicityF.
    Aug 18, 2002
    I don't care how crappy certain parts of this movie are, by and large, this movie is HIILLARIOUS!! Jack Black rocks, and Steve Zahn is hillarious. Check it out.
    Mar 23, 2001
    One of the funniest movies of the year.
  16. DickC.
    Oct 28, 2002
    "American Pie" style humor with the hilarious duo of Jack Black and Steve Zahn thrown in the mix. You have to see this if you are a high school or college student period.
  17. AndrewE.
    Jul 21, 2001
    If you like movies with happy endings, See this movie. If you like movies with odd endings, see this movie. Or if you just like things that are odd altogether, see this film. It ranges from Nuns lifting weights to a horny Chinese man to kidnapping. A very funny film. ^_^
  18. DavidS.
    Mar 4, 2003
    If you are looking for a good laugh this is about as sure of bet you can find. That is if you are under 40, if you are not you may want to stay away from it because the humor is certainly geared towards the younger generation. Cominn ah yah hah!!!!!!!
  19. TinaD.
    Nov 28, 2001
    You know how when you're watching a movie alone and something funny happens, but you give nothing more than a little smirk? Well, this is one of those movies that makes you laugh out loud even when you have no one to laugh with. The cast is perfect, and Jack Black(my favorite) and Steve Zahn are the ultimate comedic duo!
  20. Scott
    Jul 19, 2001
    Yes, it is a very uneven comedy. For every joke that wins laughter there is one that falls flat. Yet one can't help getting caught up in the zany comedy that Jack Black and Steve Zahn create when they are on screen. You don't go looking for art when you rent a film like this one. You want outrageous comedy. When Black and Zahn are on the screen, that's what you get.
  21. HarryP.
    Feb 11, 2001
    This movie is the result, if Woody Allen directed Godzilla vs. The Godfather on crack. Pure drek.
  22. DesiM.
    Mar 23, 2001
    Look--if you like Steve Zahn and Jack Black, and especially if you're a Neil Diamond fan, you'll get a kick out of this movie. It will make for fun late-night viewing on video/DVD. I've seen MUCH worse films trying to be comedies--there are some real (and original) laughs here.
  23. ChaseD.
    Nov 8, 2002
    This is a hillarious movie!! People in the movie critics don't like it because they don't know what real comedy is. This is very funny!! All they like are the things are dramatic. They need to live and laugh more!!! Jack Black and Steve Zauhn are extremely funny in this!
  24. EmilyC.
    Jun 25, 2001
    Why did I pay money to see this? The WORST movie ever!
  25. EricaL.
    Nov 7, 2001
    It was so sweet. I love Tenacious D. It is the best band ever. I love this movie . I especially like Jack Black. He is cute.
  26. YoonC.
    Sep 15, 2003
    Lots of dumb laughs if you're into that sort of thing. Jack Black however is a superior actor/comedian as usual. And, the female lead is pretty sexy.
  27. MarcS.
    Jan 14, 2003
    Neil!! I wanna party with you!! Yeah it's not the best comedy I've seen in a while, but I have to say that there are two things I loved about this movie.. Jack Black.. and Neil Diamond!!! As far as the movie altogether, however, some of the jokes do indeed fall flat, so that's why I give it a somewhat mediocre score.
  28. JohnnyBlaze
    Nov 29, 2003
    The overall scope of the movie is pretty idiotic and pointless, but the improvisations of Jack Black and Steve Zahn are pretty hilarious. Let's get these two in another film that truly showcases their chemistry. This movie comes off very sophmoric in it's production.
  29. Jun 7, 2012
    It's so very sad that the critics of 2001 didn't have the insight to appreciate this movie.

If you don't understand the characters you don't understand human psychology.
    If you can't laugh at this movie, you aren't human.
  30. Sep 1, 2014
    Yikes! Despite a charming Amanda Peet, the film lacks in plot and god-awful acting. Ahem, Jason Biggs, et cetera. Neil Diamond can't possibly approve of this filth?
  31. Dec 1, 2014
    Ignore those fake critics in Hollywood and listen to the people! This film is hilarious and ever-quotable!

Wayne: So Darren tells me you're a psychologist. Judith: That's right. Wayne: I'm in a related field. Judith: Really? What is it? Wayne: Pest and rodent removal. Judith: How is that related? Wayne: We both help people. Well worth the hour and a half with Steve Zahn and

Wayne: So Darren tells me you're a psychologist.
    Judith: That's right.
    Wayne: I'm in a related field.
    Judith: Really? What is it?
    Wayne: Pest and rodent removal.
    Judith: How is that related?
    Wayne: We both help people.

Well worth the hour and a half with Steve Zahn and Jack Black being the best 'sidekicks' and Neil Diamond lovers ever on film!

Black, who is creatively marooned in the thankless Chris Farley fat-boy role, deserve better, and so do we.
  2. Every movie Dugan releases looks like something made on accident--tosses yet another stink bomb into theaters for audiences to sniff over.
    I was laughing myself sick over Saving Silverman, a sublimely idiotic farce in the "There's Something About Mary" tradition.