Columbia Pictures | Release Date: February 9, 2001
6.7
Generally favorable reviews based on 50 Ratings
Watch Now
JustinS.Aug 22, 2008
Critics don't know good movies if it showed up at their front door. This movie rocks and is hilarious.
1 of 1 users found this helpful
Guy!Apr 24, 2007
Funniest Jack black movie ever! It really brings out his character.
JerryP.Jul 12, 2007
By far Jack Black's funniest movie. I have laughed harder in very few movies.
JasonTheCriticJun 7, 2012
It's so very sad that the critics of 2001 didn't have the insight to appreciate this movie.

If you don't understand the characters you don't understand human psychology.
If you can't laugh at this movie, you aren't human.
vayden12Dec 1, 2014
Ignore those fake critics in Hollywood and listen to the people! This film is hilarious and ever-quotable!

Wayne: So Darren tells me you're a psychologist. Judith: That's right. Wayne: I'm in a related field. Judith: Really? What is it?

Wayne: So Darren tells me you're a psychologist.
Judith: That's right.
Wayne: I'm in a related field.
Judith: Really? What is it?
Wayne: Pest and rodent removal.
Judith: How is that related?
Wayne: We both help people.

Well worth the hour and a half with Steve Zahn and Jack Black being the best 'sidekicks' and Neil Diamond lovers ever on film!
adamAug 28, 2005
I would have to admit, at first I hated this movie, but then I watched it again, and I loved it. Its one of those movies that is so dumb that you have to laugh at it.
JacksonG.Jan 4, 2007
Awesome. One of the few movies in which Jack Black is actually funny (the other he barely appears in: High Fidelity).
DanF.Jun 11, 2008
The last 3rd is pretty weak, but it's a genuinely funny movie. Can't understand all the low scores.
StevenL.Aug 29, 2008
I know it's stupid, I know it deserves the bad ratings. But i can't lie, I'd watch it again. Steve Zahn & Jack Black are two guys that can make bad movies watchable.
beingryanjudeSep 1, 2014
Yikes! Despite a charming Amanda Peet, the film lacks in plot and god-awful acting. Ahem, Jason Biggs, et cetera. Neil Diamond can't possibly approve of this filth?
BonehoC.Apr 16, 2006
Very, very bad. The movie falls apart so fast that it actually relies on making Jack Black's character gay to throw in some extra laughes, none of which work.