6.7

1. MatthewT.
    Sep 16, 2007
    It's Amanda's story and is really pretty brilliant and heartbreaking. It's the best of the three.
  2. bobt.
    Dec 30, 2006
    Saw 3 is easily the best Saw movie in the triology. For once, the acting is way better than the first two, especially the first one. Saw 3 shows how sick and messed up Jigsaw is but yet it shows his reason behind things and how he gives people a chance to survive the games rather than just torture. It also shows the downfall of Amanda and how no one can be Jigsaw. The movie is much more Saw 3 is easily the best Saw movie in the triology. For once, the acting is way better than the first two, especially the first one. Saw 3 shows how sick and messed up Jigsaw is but yet it shows his reason behind things and how he gives people a chance to survive the games rather than just torture. It also shows the downfall of Amanda and how no one can be Jigsaw. The movie is much more "dark" than the other two and I like that. It has its twists, although the other two, in my opinion, had better twists. But, Saw 3 has better plot and character development, and of course, it has blood, tons of it. Expand
  3. JamesK.
    Jan 26, 2007
    Saw 3 builds on the foundations of the two previous installments of the series, and to that it should take credit. It follows almost flawlessly from the story of the previous movie, seamlessly integrating the unique themes, storyline and motives. Writers Leigh Whannell and James Wan, who co-wrote the first two installments, create a fresh new atmosphere, heavily influenced with the token Saw 3 builds on the foundations of the two previous installments of the series, and to that it should take credit. It follows almost flawlessly from the story of the previous movie, seamlessly integrating the unique themes, storyline and motives. Writers Leigh Whannell and James Wan, who co-wrote the first two installments, create a fresh new atmosphere, heavily influenced with the token horror mystery thriller genre that leaves audiences suspended on the edge of their seats. Although not for the faint-hearted, and admittedly a little disturbing, the visual effects provide an appealing complement to the plot. Collapse
  4. BradJ
    Nov 23, 2006
    A great film, but not as good as the first 2. The movie has more blood and gore than the first 2 which is good. I recommend you go see it, if you're a fan.
  5. Erwin
    Oct 27, 2006
    A cut above the rest and just enough around the edges to cause white knuckle grip. This flick is predictable mayhem and wholsale carnage, but thats just what our customers paid to see. A classic "B" sreamer!! A Thanksgiving Day must watch!!
  6. GeorgeG.
    Oct 27, 2006
    Incredible, a reality horror film, good end, good begining, a good movie.
  7. Yashar
    Oct 28, 2006
    SAW is still the best horror franchise out there and while 2nd and 3rd films are weaker than original, at least this one has a rather different direction (Though more like SAW2).
  8. Marlowe
    Oct 29, 2006
    Although some of the scenes were quite out-played and over done. It was, in my opinion, the best movie since "The Lobsterman From Mars" or "Killer Klowns From Outer Space."
  9. Darkmage
    Oct 30, 2006
    Saw III is annoying in two main ways -- these may or may not bother you, so take this with a grain of salt. Firstly, the storyline does not become apparent until exactly one full hour has passed. I was hoping for some originality here, and it didn't deliver. The entire first hour of the movie was a long, drawn out mess that basically rehashed the Saw I and II formula. Secondly, the Saw III is annoying in two main ways -- these may or may not bother you, so take this with a grain of salt. Firstly, the storyline does not become apparent until exactly one full hour has passed. I was hoping for some originality here, and it didn't deliver. The entire first hour of the movie was a long, drawn out mess that basically rehashed the Saw I and II formula. Secondly, the ENTIRE MOVIE is on steroids, shot as if it is a music video. Cameras are zipping here, zipping there, flashing back, etc. On TV, this may not be an issue. But on the damn big screens, where their horrible resolution for motion shots (you MUST know what I mean -- everything blurs!), you may find yourself annoyed as hell. The violence and gore was good, but come on! Hasn't every horror movie lately been a blood-soaked mess? The MPAA has been asleep, and when a bunch of underage kids are whipping popcorn around and yelling, you know the rating system doesn't work anymore. Do you really want to go see a movie on the basis of gore anymore? Expand
  10. EvilM.
    Jan 23, 2007
    This movie was excellent. I loved the blood and the sadistic games of Jigsaw. Everybody who thinks the movie was too awful are typically Britney Spears roadmovie fans.
  11. CoryH.
    Jan 24, 2007
    First of all, the Saw movies are not really meant to be scary in my opinion. They are popcorn movies that you will talk about for days after viewing, either good or bad. This flick definitetly accomplished that for me. It wraps up a lot of the holes I had forgotten about from the first two, and makes the series better as a result. It is a fun, no nonsense, bloody and squirm inducing good First of all, the Saw movies are not really meant to be scary in my opinion. They are popcorn movies that you will talk about for days after viewing, either good or bad. This flick definitetly accomplished that for me. It wraps up a lot of the holes I had forgotten about from the first two, and makes the series better as a result. It is a fun, no nonsense, bloody and squirm inducing good time. Just watch it and have fun! Expand
  12. MikeJ.
    Feb 23, 2007
    Awesome!! This movie was for sure better then the first as it explained the entire trilogy. Also I love the testing of Amanda it was a great twist with great games and great horrors.
  13. JohnnyP.
    Feb 8, 2007
    Although it does not live up to the much anticipated release- it captures many storylines from first two in series, it does the series justice and I am eagerly awaiting a SAW4 in Oct if it comes to be.
  14. BrianH.
    Apr 5, 2007
    I think it was a good movie. It wasn't better than the first (mainly because the first ending was so original and unexpected). It was definitely better than the second though. The bad part about it is that the Jigsaw killer kept giving away the ending of the movie, and it was made very apparent who was actually benig "tested" due to all of the emotions that character was portraying I think it was a good movie. It wasn't better than the first (mainly because the first ending was so original and unexpected). It was definitely better than the second though. The bad part about it is that the Jigsaw killer kept giving away the ending of the movie, and it was made very apparent who was actually benig "tested" due to all of the emotions that character was portraying (she was the worst actor in the movie to me as well). Visually, it was definitely a cut above the rest, I am an avid horror film spectator and never, I mean NEVER feel like anything is too graphic to endure. This movie definitely made me cringe, especially in the opening sequence. For those who say there was no story line, what movie were you watching? There is definitely a story line, which is fairly decent (not great or spectacular), at least until the very end. Anyone who thought differently is being waaaayy too critical, because the plot was actually well drawn out. The very final test was the most ridiculous lead-in to the sequel they have ever come up with, and will result in disaster if they try to formulate it into a Saw 4. But the rest of the movie was enjoyable and interesting at least. Don't watch this movie expecting it to be a true horror movie, because it is actually more of a Drama. And if you go into it expecting it to be better than the first, you will definitely be dissapointed. If you rent or buy the movie and watch it with a fresh prospective (and an open mind), you may actually enjoy it. Expand
  15. ScottL.
    Aug 25, 2007
    It makes you think! existentialism.
  16. AB
    Aug 26, 2007
    Although "Saw III" is even less scary than its prequels, it retains the unique mood and attitude of the series while boasting the best story yet. The level of gore has been raised considerably, which is actually a positive characteristic - it maintains a series trademark in a film that otherwise could have easily been shown on the Lifetime channel. For its ability to mix an important Although "Saw III" is even less scary than its prequels, it retains the unique mood and attitude of the series while boasting the best story yet. The level of gore has been raised considerably, which is actually a positive characteristic - it maintains a series trademark in a film that otherwise could have easily been shown on the Lifetime channel. For its ability to mix an important message with an extreme level of gore and a surprising ending, "Saw III" is the best "Saw" by far. Expand
  17. VinceN.
    Oct 27, 2006
    This film was amazing! Scary and enjoyable disgusting!
  18. Eric
    Oct 27, 2006
    The series' creators have achieved a hat-trick with 'Saw III'. For those who don't follow hockey, I'm saying thay they're 3 for 3 with this latest installment. As original and different as 'Saw II' was from the first. It's an engaging story that moves at an outstanding pace that somehow works despite it's potentially disappointing short The series' creators have achieved a hat-trick with 'Saw III'. For those who don't follow hockey, I'm saying thay they're 3 for 3 with this latest installment. As original and different as 'Saw II' was from the first. It's an engaging story that moves at an outstanding pace that somehow works despite it's potentially disappointing short running-time. Also, a treat for skeptics (I was one as well) - Amanda is convincing. Oh yeah, and it's the bloodiest one of the three, for you gore-hounds. Kudos. Expand
  19. LadyBladethrust
    Oct 28, 2006
    The best horror flick I have seen since SeVen. Writing, acting, plot twists all superb.
  20. SarahC.
    Nov 21, 2006
    It was a great movie that involved a lot of blood and torure, but also sadness. I was sitting on the edge of my seat waiting to see what was going to happen next. I loved this movie.
  21. Nov 25, 2011
    It was ok. I didnt like the female that played Amanda at all and I thought she overacted quite a bit in the film. The rest of the cast was ok and Bell once again steals the show as Jigsaw. The traps were a lot sicker this time around and actually pretty frightening if you ask me.
  22. Oct 31, 2010
    It's worse than the first and the second movies, but it's quite good. It's a film very exciting and the end is excellent, even better than Saw I. It wasn't the best film of the year but it's impossible take your eyes of it.
  23. Apr 29, 2011
    The Saw series is pretty good, and this is probably the best one of them all. But still, if you strip away the decent plot, it's just blood and guts, which is alright if you're not eating (which I was at the time). It gets a 7 because, out of all of the movies in the series, it is the only one I would go back to and watch again.
  24. Nov 9, 2011
    Woo! Awesome fella. Better than the previous one. Still a little shallow and too incomplete. But the deaths are quite favorable to my preference. The ending really breaks my heart though.
  25. Dec 4, 2011
    A lot better then the previous film. The cast is solid and Tobin Bell once against steals the show with his performance as Jigsaw. Overall, It was scary and kept you on the edge of your seat during some traps. I enjoyed it.
  26. Oct 30, 2012
    Ok Saw II was pretty crap, Saw III however goes back to what made the original great. It begins to continue the story of detective Matthews but then loses itself in an even bigger story, someone is copying the Jigsaw killings but giving their victims no hope of escape. With Jigsaw on his death bed dying of a brain tumour and his apprentice Amanda being a pretty stubborn **** a doctor andOk Saw II was pretty crap, Saw III however goes back to what made the original great. It begins to continue the story of detective Matthews but then loses itself in an even bigger story, someone is copying the Jigsaw killings but giving their victims no hope of escape. With Jigsaw on his death bed dying of a brain tumour and his apprentice Amanda being a pretty stubborn **** a doctor and her husband must play their own games to earn back their lives. Though the plot is pretty crappy the traps are nice and finally some good gore rather than the **** few litres of blood we have been used to over the past couple of years. Intestines, brains and even some mulched up pigs are thrown into the line up with the most disgusting Saw yet. Expand
  27. Nov 2, 2013
    I have never imagined that the films would last so far. "Saw III" improves on both its predecessors, and this time includes some love features. This is one of the first horror films that made me feel disgusted and sympathetic at the same time. Oh, and there's more blood and gore here too.
  28. May 3, 2013
    A nightmarish film but yet so good at its plot it is sensitively awesome. And seeing Jigsaw finally getting killed was a important part in the Saw trilogy. Definitely a must watch for die-hard Saw fans like me.
  29. Mar 4, 2014
    Saw III is just too long for the story, but the characters are pretty good and I'm glad they didn't focus on the traps. Nevertheless one trap with the naked woman doesn't fit in the series, because it's the only erotic scene!
  30. Sep 4, 2014
    "Saw III" is another great entry in the Saw series. It's gruesome, thrilling, and unpredictable. There's actually some good acting here and great cinematography. I felt there were too many flashbacks in this film which makes the movie less interesting, and it eventually became somewhat repetitive, but I still recommend it for fans of the series.

An improvement over the tedious "Saw II" (2005), this second sequel to the surprise 2004 hit still features the series' trademark gruesome "games" but shifts the focus to the relationships among the characters.
  2. While Saw III provides a decent number of new twists, psychological as well as torture-wise, it necessarily lacks the originality of its predecessors.
  3. The most depressing thing about this series is not the creativity of the bloodletting but the bleak view of human nature.