5.7

1. IvelinMatev
    Dec 29, 2009
    great movie!
  2. Nov 8, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I believe this was one of the best saw movies, it demonstrated what a human being would do in situations effectively. It has us on the edge of our seat on who will be the last man standing and sums up with an excellent twist. Expand
  3. RolandG.
    Oct 24, 2008
    Classic Saw movie better then Saw 4. Storyline is awesome loved it.
  4. AndrewH.
    Oct 25, 2008
    This movie was so awesome. It was as good as the first and second film. I definitely recommend it to anyone who liked the previous saws. however it wasn't perfect, because they did leave some loose ends. Thats probably because of saw 6 next year! I can't wait!!!
  5. JustinS.
    Oct 25, 2008
    Okay, this is probably the worst case of " The critics hate it, the audience loves it" I've ever seen. Sure there really isnt much of a twist but overall, the movie was pretty damn good. Much better than Saw IV. I'd probably rank it either 2nd or third.
  6. JoshuaL.
    Oct 26, 2008
    I understand that this series always gets a bad review but I personally LOVED it. This addition to the series is full of crazy twists and keeps you wondering all the way through.
  7. RemingtonW
    Oct 27, 2008
    As a long time fan of the saw series I will not claim that any one of the individual movies is a masterpiece. Nor will I claim that the acting is great or the production values very high as well. To understand saw you have to have seen every single one. The story is full of plot twists and the 5th saw cleans up much of the confusion left by saw 3 and 4. As a whole, the series is great and As a long time fan of the saw series I will not claim that any one of the individual movies is a masterpiece. Nor will I claim that the acting is great or the production values very high as well. To understand saw you have to have seen every single one. The story is full of plot twists and the 5th saw cleans up much of the confusion left by saw 3 and 4. As a whole, the series is great and has been a 5 year tradition with my friends, week before Halloween go and see the new saw movie. At the end we leave each one, disturbed, frightened and generally confused waiting next year Expand
  8. IANWILKINSON
    Oct 28, 2008
    Once any Horror film goes past a sequel, people automatically have a blinkered view to any of the proceeding movies. Saw was amazing and revolutionary, the rest were very good in their own right. Saw V has gone back to basics but with more emphasis on story rather than gore. This franchise can't win with some people who have made their opinion before they've even cast eyes on Once any Horror film goes past a sequel, people automatically have a blinkered view to any of the proceeding movies. Saw was amazing and revolutionary, the rest were very good in their own right. Saw V has gone back to basics but with more emphasis on story rather than gore. This franchise can't win with some people who have made their opinion before they've even cast eyes on the movie!!! Expand
  9. DanT.
    Oct 29, 2008
    Cannot believe some people didn't like this! So funny! I was actually hurting, I laughed so much. Beginning to end, not one unfunny moment. Brilliant! Best Comedy I've seen!
  10. SebastienL.
    Oct 29, 2008
    All of SAW sequel is not comparable to Friday the 13th or Halloween or even less Nightmare on Elm Street. This is way much better, the writers of these movies are amazing (you gotta be a bit crazy but...) I hope that they go at least up to SAW #10. Its a shame that Jigsaw is dead !!!
  11. BrianP.
    Nov 2, 2008
    You Know What? To Hell with what the critics say. They have only one genre in their heads and Horror/Torture/Mystery is not any of them. SAW V was more of a clean up of the the previous 4 films and still giving us the suspense and terror as it always have. Besides, Tobin Bell has been making it look so good and you can't criticize actors who make movies draw many people's You Know What? To Hell with what the critics say. They have only one genre in their heads and Horror/Torture/Mystery is not any of them. SAW V was more of a clean up of the the previous 4 films and still giving us the suspense and terror as it always have. Besides, Tobin Bell has been making it look so good and you can't criticize actors who make movies draw many people's attention to keep watching. I say Critics such as THE NEW YORK TIMES can suck it cause they don't have the passion to see a film or to keep up with a story such as this. They have been breast fed too long. Keep it up James Wan and Leigh Whannel and everyone who makes these films. Don't let the critics get you. Your Fans are the Real Critics and they still stand aside with you awaiting for the next installment. ROCK ON EVERYONE ! ! ! ! ! ! Expand
  12. SandipP.
    Nov 6, 2008
    I watched it yesterday and found it a wicked film, you need to watch all of them to get into it. The only part that put it slightly down is why the old man, the FBI agent was running around everywhere, when srath died anyway.
  13. DarzieP
    Dec 1, 2008
    Contrary to common opinion, I actually believed that Saw V was one of the strongest entries in the series. I throughly enjoyed the film, especially the traps. While it did not really feel like a Saw film, I think that is what I liked about. The gore was not as intense as the previous two films which I prefer. The Long Haul scene is a powerful scene and was well done, only let down by some Contrary to common opinion, I actually believed that Saw V was one of the strongest entries in the series. I throughly enjoyed the film, especially the traps. While it did not really feel like a Saw film, I think that is what I liked about. The gore was not as intense as the previous two films which I prefer. The Long Haul scene is a powerful scene and was well done, only let down by some dodgy lines and questionable acting. My only main criticism is the 5 Become 1 traps, as they felt tacked on and ultimately unimportant to the story. At least the Trap House in Saw 2 had greater importance. The lack of a "Game Over" didn't take TOO much from the ending but it was sorely missed. But all in all, I enjoyed the film and would definately recommend a watch. Expand
  14. RossH.
    Oct 24, 2008
    I actually really enjoyed this (I always assume the worst from sequels as usually they go downhill and die). Like Lowe said, the pieces didn't com together completely, but it doesn't really diminish the fact that there are a LOT of loose ends from previous in the series that are tied together now.
  15. IvelinMatev
    great movie!
  16. BillyJoe
    Kick ass movie.
  17. JonathanC.
    Oct 24, 2008
    Oh my god, i have just come back from seeing this film and all have to say is the critics need to stop slating films that are sequels. channel 4's own vortex gave this movie 1 out of 5???? i question if he had seen this film. go see it nuff said.
  18. JamesCurenton
    Oct 27, 2008
    Saw has been a great series. Saw 5 has a major message. As in Saw I, the movie is introducing the heir Hoffmann. In Saw 5 the writers are informing us how and why Jigsaw choose Hoffman. This is setting up for Saw 6. As I read, people are downing this movie but without Saw 5 we would not be informed how Hoffman was choosen by Jigsaw. In order to go forward in this series we have to fill in Saw has been a great series. Saw 5 has a major message. As in Saw I, the movie is introducing the heir Hoffmann. In Saw 5 the writers are informing us how and why Jigsaw choose Hoffman. This is setting up for Saw 6. As I read, people are downing this movie but without Saw 5 we would not be informed how Hoffman was choosen by Jigsaw. In order to go forward in this series we have to fill in the blanks and that is what Saw 5 does. Next year, I believe Saw 6 will be amazing, Hoffmann will make a great heir and start a new legacy of death traps. I give Saw 5 10/10 because as soon as it was over, I was mad because I wanted to know what will happen next. SAW is a great series. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Peter Hartlaub
    Jan 27, 2013
    Hackl weaves scenes from the previous films into this one in clever ways, without adding to the confusion. The director also does a good job of maintaining the dark tone, which includes FBI offices that look as if they're being illuminated by night-lights, and dungeons that look as if you'd catch a venereal disease or two just by touching the door handles.
  2. This year's installment is as disappointing as a Halloween bag filled with nothing but raisins.
  3. By-the-numbers retread.