Saw VI

6.4

1. DustinM
    Mar 25, 2010
    This is an amazing film. While they are dragging the series on, this is a great movie. It answers a lot of questions from previous installments as well as an amazing storyline that takes a stab at the failing healthcare system.
  2. Nov 18, 2011
    SAW VI is a well-directed, but not well-acted SAW sequel that is one of the best films in the franchise!
  3. WillC
    Nov 1, 2009
    While it may not have the amount of traps and gore as the last 2 films did, this film actually has a plot that doesn't feel like filler. The traps also felt more important and more psychological, which made them better to watch and helped to keep the suspense high. Although it is the best one since 3, i doubt the series can get much better for two reasons. Jigsaw was killed three While it may not have the amount of traps and gore as the last 2 films did, this film actually has a plot that doesn't feel like filler. The traps also felt more important and more psychological, which made them better to watch and helped to keep the suspense high. Although it is the best one since 3, i doubt the series can get much better for two reasons. Jigsaw was killed three movies ago, and even though Tobin Bell gives us another great performance, his lack of a physical appearance will make the films weak when it comes to the main character. The other reason is, Hoffman isn't a very good villain. His character isn't nearly as compelling as Jigsaw's and when you look at him, its obvious he is trying to hide something. Also, its pretty strange to find a conclusion for something that happened 3 movies ago (Amanda's brown envelope) but apart from that, the plot was pretty good. Overall, its not as good as the first 3 movies but its definetly a step up from 4 and 5. Expand
  4. DudeL
    Nov 7, 2009
    It made me laugh a lot at some parts. The twist at the end was pretty decent. For that i give it a 7.
  5. BrianW.
    Oct 25, 2009
    A breath of fresh air to the franchise. Certainly the one where you feel bad for the victims.
  6. RuneG
    Mar 6, 2010
    I don't understand why critics hate this film that much. Guess it's a love/hate thing. The saw films are exactly what they are supposed to be, and they actually contain many serious subjects. Not everybody understands them. They should have their own genre, the saw genre. I like them, and they deserve more credit than they get. Ok, some logic issues in between, but giving it 0 I don't understand why critics hate this film that much. Guess it's a love/hate thing. The saw films are exactly what they are supposed to be, and they actually contain many serious subjects. Not everybody understands them. They should have their own genre, the saw genre. I like them, and they deserve more credit than they get. Ok, some logic issues in between, but giving it 0 points is totally not serious. Tobin Bell is also an excellent actor. Expand
  7. JamesO.
    Nov 4, 2009
    I thought this movie was fantastic and is probably the second best in the series after Saw III. I will admit that Saw IV and V weren't 10 out of 10s but I still think they were pretty good because they showed alot of back story. But Saw VI fills so many plot holes. and the cliffhanger ending was a surprise to me, and it definitely leaves more room to continue the story, and I am I thought this movie was fantastic and is probably the second best in the series after Saw III. I will admit that Saw IV and V weren't 10 out of 10s but I still think they were pretty good because they showed alot of back story. But Saw VI fills so many plot holes. and the cliffhanger ending was a surprise to me, and it definitely leaves more room to continue the story, and I am interested to see how they do that with Saw VII and Saw VIII. The only thing that irritates me about the Saw series is that alot of people just seem to think that Jigsaw is a guy who goes around torturing/killing people for fun, but obviously those people can't pay attention or understand what the movies or the story behind the movies is about. Anyways GREAT movie, can't wait until the next one. Expand
  8. ChrisB.
    Nov 9, 2009
    seriously people just love to hate on the saw series. I dont know why people seem to bash it. I thought this was one of the best horror films of the year and the best saw movie since the first one. you people can hate on it all want but what it comes down to, you cant think of truly valid arguments, your ratings are border-lining on trolling and you are acting like a child.
  9. OlliverV
    Oct 23, 2009
    I found myself with a clenched fist over my mouth as i saw the new traps jigsaw has this go-around in the franchise. Alot of unanswered questions in the previous installments of "Saw" are put to rest,with jaw-gripping results. Great movie.
  10. tc
    Oct 25, 2009
    WFT is everyone's beef with this series? its one of the strongest and longest running series in all of horror history. and the films keep getting better! the first saw was totally shabby and 2 wasnt much better, but by 3 they were really getting it together. 4 and 5 are borderline horror masterpieces and 6 was directed by the editor of 1-5 so it is technically incredible! get off WFT is everyone's beef with this series? its one of the strongest and longest running series in all of horror history. and the films keep getting better! the first saw was totally shabby and 2 wasnt much better, but by 3 they were really getting it together. 4 and 5 are borderline horror masterpieces and 6 was directed by the editor of 1-5 so it is technically incredible! get off your high horses for once. Expand
  11. AndrewY
    Oct 25, 2009
    This movie was great, I liked how it had all of the old actors and tied the storyline together!
  12. ElliottB.
    Oct 31, 2009
    Really good, the best since Saw 2. Way more than just blood and gore this time around.
  13. JoshuaP.
    Oct 31, 2009
    I'd never imagine that they'd be able to topple Saw II. Why I ever doubted is beyond me considering Kevin Gruetert, the new director, has been with the franchise ever since the beginning and knows the ins and outs of the series. Saw VI is quite possibly the best installment in the franchise, and for once we can relate to the people put into the traps and the traumatizing pain I'd never imagine that they'd be able to topple Saw II. Why I ever doubted is beyond me considering Kevin Gruetert, the new director, has been with the franchise ever since the beginning and knows the ins and outs of the series. Saw VI is quite possibly the best installment in the franchise, and for once we can relate to the people put into the traps and the traumatizing pain that the few survivors of the twisted games actually experience after their games. It all becomes better with the new protagonist, William, being given the responsibility to choose between who's life to save in the games, and the guilt that he feels when he takes someone's life in order to save another. This installment is deep, complex and adds a great ending twist along with it, and if people've ever doubted in the franchise, this installment is the perfect reason for curbing that feel. Saw has never been better. Expand
  14. dannys
    Feb 24, 2010
    The saw series tells you right away, blood and guts with a plausible story...im deeply sorry it doesn't have a story like the academy awards winners, but it is the first horror movie with a believable story..i'd much rather see this then "friday the 40th birthday- jason put in a nursing home".
  15. JohnR
    Feb 26, 2010
    Saw VI (2009) Genre:Horror/Suspensecompare When I went into the theater, I thought Saw VI would just be a plain old "meh" movie, but, it was actually one of the best installments since the original in my opinion! Saw VI brings the game full circle, answering almost all questions about any about Saw III, IV, and V. The story: Saw VI begins with a grisly test, pitting two people in a fight Saw VI (2009) Genre:Horror/Suspensecompare When I went into the theater, I thought Saw VI would just be a plain old "meh" movie, but, it was actually one of the best installments since the original in my opinion! Saw VI brings the game full circle, answering almost all questions about any about Saw III, IV, and V. The story: Saw VI begins with a grisly test, pitting two people in a fight for survival! Afterwards,Hoffman escapes the glass box from the end of V, and emerges as the unchallenged succesor of Jigsaw's legacy. While the story had twists at every corner, it did have some instances most horror movies suffer from. Such as some iffy acting and a not airtight script in some parts. Soon after the story starts to revolve around an insurance company worker named William Eastman. The plot does take a major jab at insurance companies. Plot Score: 7.7/10 The interpretation: Saw VI had again, a very good story but in some instances, could have been interpreted better by the director's. The scene at the begining, was well made. The carosuel room was phenominal,and the movie was very well made. Interpretation Score 8.5/10 The Actors: Saw VI featured familar faces from the previous chapters, such as Tobin Bell, Shawnee Smith, and Costas Mandylor. All three of those actors played their role well! While actors like Peter Outerbridge(William Eastman) and Tenedra Howard(Simon)could've been played a bit better,but they still did a great job. The actors score: 7.9/10 The Overall: Overall,Saw VI was a well made movie with the fans in mind, not just the HUGE amounts of money it's going to make. This was a very good installment and is a great movie for hardcore Saw fans and people just into the series! Overall score: 7.8/10 Great! Expand
  16. SebaW
    Apr 26, 2010
    Great movie, but how in the hell can a man plan this out even though he's been dead for 3 movies now...
  17. Kenny
    Nov 4, 2009
    With a devastating start and sacrilegious, we enter what is probably the most intense series of "puzzle". Game after game the movie is inflated and inflated. But I find it strange as this part of the saga is another factor and is the true drama and despair. Each test is a very interesting world, like the carousel, buenisima. I admire the efficiency and skill of Kevin Greutert, and of With a devastating start and sacrilegious, we enter what is probably the most intense series of "puzzle". Game after game the movie is inflated and inflated. But I find it strange as this part of the saga is another factor and is the true drama and despair. Each test is a very interesting world, like the carousel, buenisima. I admire the efficiency and skill of Kevin Greutert, and of course a dash surround, with a nod toward the viewer, at the end of the film. If you have not understood the end, but nevertheless is very significant and is addressed to the viewer. And finally appoint a gem of horror film called Tobin Bell. Magnifico. Fiercely recommend to display this movie, with gusto, not with indifference, you can enjoy a lot. Expand
  18. RyanD.
    Nov 4, 2009
    This has to be one of my favorite horror series! I dont know why everyone hates them so much. They have the best plot twists and it actually makes sense to make more. This twist is one of the best!
  19. TreyW.
    Oct 23, 2009
    Awesome movie and just keeps the twists coming, just as good as the rest of them. I love this series, one of my favorites along with the Friday the 13th series and Halloween.
  20. RickyM.
    Oct 23, 2009
    This film is among the best in the series truly a genuinely scary film solid acting and great traps the saw series continues to shine bring on part 7!
  21. WilliamC.
    Dec 30, 2009
    Saw VI is different from other Saw sequels in the respect that it's more then a cynical franchise cash-in. With a premise that may actually have the audience angry at the trapped victims, a deeper, well paced storyline, and a clever, satisfying plot-twist, Saw VI is a must see for all Saw fans, and if you haven't seen a Saw, this is a good starting point.
  22. DavidH
    Oct 23, 2009
    Good addition to the franchise, better then 4 and 5; up there with the like of 3. Two good twists, you'll surely see one of them coming thou!
  23. TyM.
    Oct 29, 2009
    An encouraging step-up from a slightly declining series. After all, who can expect six movies to keep 100% of the quality every single installment? This does more than would expect and kept a surprising 99% percent. Not relying too heavily on flashbacks and old answers, this film finally becomes an installment not only for hardcore Saw fans but one for newcomers as well. Great plot, many An encouraging step-up from a slightly declining series. After all, who can expect six movies to keep 100% of the quality every single installment? This does more than would expect and kept a surprising 99% percent. Not relying too heavily on flashbacks and old answers, this film finally becomes an installment not only for hardcore Saw fans but one for newcomers as well. Great plot, many well spaced and intriguing twists, not too terrible acting, and good resolution makes this a great film. Fans could only ask for a bit better acting from minor characters (or at least shut them up quicker, but main all characters acting were fantastic) and maybe a final resolution, but I suppose more Saw to go around. If it starts a whole new quality streak for Saw, I suppose one or two more films won't kill us. Changed my mind for a previously "No Way" Saw VII. Expand
  24. TomM.
    Nov 2, 2009
    Debatably the best Saw film made, ranking alongside the first. Probably the most graphic of the series, with quite a good story for a saw film. Only downside is that the actors are unbelievably bad! Costas Mandylor is absolutely shocking, which could ruin the film for you. Except for that it is a very good film.
  25. ShaneMan
    Nov 2, 2009
    Well said TC People + Reviewers who are rating this movie low must not have a clue what is going on or something! The saw series is one of the best film series I have ever watched and will continue to watch them for as long as they make them! Great Movie, As always with saw.
  26. NateR
    Oct 23, 2009
    I like how it brings the story together and ties off loose ends. It opens just enough questions for us to care about what happens in 7.. the traps are still pretty gruesome..no change there...but in terms of story this was one of the better installments.
  27. Zog
    Oct 25, 2009
    Great addition to the Saw franchise. The story was great and Tobin Bell is fantastic as usual. This time, we actually sympathize with Jigsaw in his game. He has his sights on health insurance companies and we can see where he's coming from, providing a new, refreshing take on the Saw formula. I now am interested in seeing VII, which I initially refused to have anything to do with.
  28. LanaK.
    Oct 25, 2009
    Loved it- great traps, and great kills. Just as engaging as SAW 1.
  29. May 22, 2011
    This is by far one of the best in the Saw series, the plot is awesome, my only complaints are that Hoffman isn't as enjoyable as John was, and the ending was a little confusing, but it's by far one of the best Saw movies so far.
  30. Feb 24, 2013
    People bash the series as it continues to go on, they judge it based on its pieces, without seeing the whole thing. If one piece (movie) isn't what they wanted or expected, they give up on it, and they have no idea what they are missing!
  31. May 3, 2013
    And excellent penultimate movie in the Jigsaw Killer franchise. It featured a new protagonist. Hoffman's legacy, awesome traps and the best ending for any Saw movie by date. This movie should have got a higher metascore shame.
  32. Sep 4, 2014
    "Saw VI" is a great return-to-form for the franchise. It's intense, interesting, and bloody: everything I expect from a Saw film. The overall premise of the film is somewhat strange for the Saw franchise, and it didn't feel like it fit with the rest of the films. Nevertheless, it's a great sequel, and I'm glad the series can raise from the dead.... that is until Saw 3D came out.

1. Reviewed by: Mike Hale
    Warm feelings are inspired by the reappearance of old friends, even those who had their faces ripped off or their intestines ejected several films ago.
  2. The thinnest, draggiest, and most tediously preachy of the Saw films.
    Because Saw does nothing to alter the look, tone, and engineered gimmickry from one movie to the next, it keeps going deeper into backstory and character arcs than horror series past, as if this ugly, cheap-looking schlock were somehow "The Lord Of The Rings."