6.9

1. Feb 19, 2014
    These sorts of ultra gory horror movies seem to have an audience (as evidenced by the multiple sequels to in this Saw franchise) but I've never been a fan. Partly this is because these types of movies aren't particularly scary but mainly it is the fact that watching people get killed in increasingly brutal and graphic ways isn't my idea of entertainment.

I've often been told that Saw is
    one of the better examples in the genre but since I couldn't stomach any more than about twenty minutes I wouldn't know. Expand
  2. Jan 28, 2013
    I do not like these kind of movies. Sadictic... If you like torture scenes you might have serious mental problems.............................................................................
  3. Nov 15, 2012
    This movie just proves that there are no decent horror movies out there. Like all the other horror movies, this movie isn't even scary. It's just a bloody, profane gorefest. Horror movies were meant to scare, but only The Exorcist has managed to give great scares.

1. Wan's tense, grisly cinematic morsel won't go down easy. But once it hits bottom, Saw is oddly satisfying, though the gag reflex never entirely goes away.
  2. Reviewed by: Heidi Martinuzzi
    May be the best independent horror film to have come out since "The Blair Witch Project." It's certainly better than "Blair Witch", and more fun, more gruesome, and more macabre. In a very delightful way.
    Though dumber than a box of rocks, Saw forges ahead with the kind of conviction and energy that will keep bad-cinema junkies sitting bolt upright.