Saw

8.1
Universal acclaim based on 572 Ratings
Watch Now
IlirC.Jul 31, 2006
great plot and twist but terrible acting and dialogue has held this movie back... still deserves credit due to the fact that its a indie.
JackOct 30, 2005
Interesting premise, but could have been much better had it not been spoiled by horrible acting and numerous stupid plot twists.
EddieDSep 21, 2008
No Saw movie can be a Saw movie unless you include the rest of the series. Very clever movie, but many weak spots and bad acting. But I will admit that I was into this series for a while. But one day I opened my eyes, and said "What the fcuk No Saw movie can be a Saw movie unless you include the rest of the series. Very clever movie, but many weak spots and bad acting. But I will admit that I was into this series for a while. But one day I opened my eyes, and said "What the fcuk am I doing??" Expand
JamesKJul 15, 2009
The only movie in the series worth a touch, but even then there are better horror movies out there.
JunoO.Nov 2, 2006
Despite appearances from some high noted actors (Danny Glover, Cary Elwes) and some well placed blood and splatter for gore-hounds, Saw falters in the field of a coherent script, typical numetal-esque guitar riff soundtrack, and simple lapse Despite appearances from some high noted actors (Danny Glover, Cary Elwes) and some well placed blood and splatter for gore-hounds, Saw falters in the field of a coherent script, typical numetal-esque guitar riff soundtrack, and simple lapse in reason which will leave viewers shaking their head. Not to mention the "twist-ending" that doesn't really change anything really per-say throughout the film. I don't mind watching silly horror films and enjoying them, but films with a wee bit of logic for what's going on helps! Expand
ApocalypseBrownFeb 22, 2007
I really hate unintelligent horror flicks and this is a prime example of one. To be honest the story is quite engaging, despite the lacking element of surprise and real tension. But the conclusion is Sunday market standard and by then, you I really hate unintelligent horror flicks and this is a prime example of one. To be honest the story is quite engaging, despite the lacking element of surprise and real tension. But the conclusion is Sunday market standard and by then, you are passed caring. Sixth Sense it ain't! Expand
DWNov 17, 2009
A decent horror movie apart from... A plot that makes wicker baskets look water-tight, swiss cheese smooth, and rain during Monsoon unexpected. Shame, because it has some clever elements to it.
1 of 4 users found this helpful
TheQuietGamerMay 16, 2011
While the plot is a unique idea, it's hampered by bad acting, and poor execution, it could have been great but the way they set it up just makes this movie mediocre, the ending however was fantastic, another complaint is that it's not scary,While the plot is a unique idea, it's hampered by bad acting, and poor execution, it could have been great but the way they set it up just makes this movie mediocre, the ending however was fantastic, another complaint is that it's not scary, it just has a tense atmosphere at times, all in all if your looking for an ok gory movie for a rental this is a ok choice just come expecting mediocrity. Expand
grandpajoe6191Sep 18, 2011
"Saw" is a gruesome film that lacks the depth and development within the movie. However, the frantic, thrilling ride with a refreshing twist in the end scores the points for "Saw".
OfficialNov 2, 2013
"Saw", a low-budget horror movie, had well exceeded beyond my expectations. It's a different kind of horror film, one that you will have never imagine that it will be this way. However, to be honest, the plot is quite ridiculous.
cameronmorewoodNov 15, 2012
Saw is being mistaken for a gross-out horror. It's not. It's a crime-thriller with some unusual qualities.
JacobparkerMay 30, 2013
Saw has some really clever ideas and it's a great torture film!
It's definitely not the best but if you are into those movies this is a MUST WATCH!!!!!
marcmyworksAug 31, 2016
The original is in fact original, however does suffer from the cheese factor of most horror films. I was glad to see Danny Glover doing what he does best (playing a cop) and Shawnee Smithson returning to the horror genre.
deadrisingNov 27, 2013
Now, before you read this, keep in mind I've seen all of the saw movies, and I'm a fan of the series. Now, onto the review: This movie was horrible. I know it's the first out of the seven movies, and it's explaining everything, but are youNow, before you read this, keep in mind I've seen all of the saw movies, and I'm a fan of the series. Now, onto the review: This movie was horrible. I know it's the first out of the seven movies, and it's explaining everything, but are you kidding me... no... just no.... boring, and useless. Some of the movie was okay, but no... like, maybe twenty percent was okay, but the other eighty percent big no. Expand
FilmVirtueFeb 15, 2014
A decent , effective, bloody explosion. This mystery horror film is strong in violence and brutal content that makes it two bloody thumbs up. Gruesome and twisted, "Saw" is scary as hell.
McgillacuddyMay 19, 2016
The strength of this film comes from it's twisting plot, but is hardly anything more than another horror flick with the usual features: insane bloody gore and bad acting.
killing4bloodMay 26, 2015
The Saw Series are good movies. But this one I think is the worse nothing really happened unlike the others they actually moved around. That is why it is a 6/10.
MrTacoBobSep 2, 2017
Not much. It's just oh creepy traps and gore...eh. It's a bit scary but the story they tie in is just stupid. It's just a stupid movie but scary basically a bit better version Annabelle.