Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation | Release Date: March 23, 2001
1.7
Overwhelming dislike based on 49 Ratings
WATCH NOW
PaulWJan 19, 2014
This movie does not deserve to be talked about, but I think something needs to be said about desensitization. I've watched a lot of comedies, romantic and not. Some I've liked, and some are not my style. My complaint about this movie goesThis movie does not deserve to be talked about, but I think something needs to be said about desensitization. I've watched a lot of comedies, romantic and not. Some I've liked, and some are not my style. My complaint about this movie goes beyond style. It was going along ok, until I saw her slice the guy's ear off. Was I supposed to laugh? Was i supposed to think it was moderately humorous? Was I supposed to ignore it and keep watching, waiting for more drop-kicks? Never have I seen a comedy where body parts were severed. To those of you who may think I am over-reacting, I would like to suggest that you examine your morals and why you think dismemberment is funny.
Frankly, I felt enraged and abused as I saw this and then switched the movie off and threw it out. Abused by a screenwriter who wishes to maintain our culture of violence. We have to lean, as individuals and as a society, to take a step back and learn how to say no. To re-claim and demand our dignity. If you think this was just a sight-gag, or the movie can be excused as a "black comedy", then I urge you to take a deeper look inside yourself and examine why the producers of this movie thought that such a gory scene would be accepted, or even enjoyed, by the mainstream public. What have you become?
LanieM.Jun 23, 2006
Not even bad enough to be funny. Don't see it.
1 of 1 users found this helpful
DaveSMar 31, 2009
Outstanding - if you cannot laugh, you carrot laarrrgghhh...pardon me for enjoying this to the core of my soul. We should have sacred solemn days of homage to the Farelly Bros for making movies like this - brilliant!
0 of 1 users found this helpful