Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation | Release Date: March 23, 2001
1.7
Overwhelming dislike based on 49 Ratings
WATCH NOW
LanieM.Jun 23, 2006
Not even bad enough to be funny. Don't see it.
1 of 1 users found this helpful
PaulWJan 19, 2014
This movie does not deserve to be talked about, but I think something needs to be said about desensitization. I've watched a lot of comedies, romantic and not. Some I've liked, and some are not my style. My complaint about this movie goesThis movie does not deserve to be talked about, but I think something needs to be said about desensitization. I've watched a lot of comedies, romantic and not. Some I've liked, and some are not my style. My complaint about this movie goes beyond style. It was going along ok, until I saw her slice the guy's ear off. Was I supposed to laugh? Was i supposed to think it was moderately humorous? Was I supposed to ignore it and keep watching, waiting for more drop-kicks? Never have I seen a comedy where body parts were severed. To those of you who may think I am over-reacting, I would like to suggest that you examine your morals and why you think dismemberment is funny.
Frankly, I felt enraged and abused as I saw this and then switched the movie off and threw it out. Abused by a screenwriter who wishes to maintain our culture of violence. We have to lean, as individuals and as a society, to take a step back and learn how to say no. To re-claim and demand our dignity. If you think this was just a sight-gag, or the movie can be excused as a "black comedy", then I urge you to take a deeper look inside yourself and examine why the producers of this movie thought that such a gory scene would be accepted, or even enjoyed, by the mainstream public. What have you become?